Maximizing Value

So I was playing a home game and it was down to myself and Fluff heads up. I had knocked out the other guys earlier and I have had a chip lead most of the heads up, I have about 170k, Fluff has 70k. We were playing 6 minute levels and the blinds I believe were 1.5k/3k/500 ante.Hand: Tc9cI raise to 10k and Fluff comes along.Flop: 9d2s9hFluff checks to me and knowing almost no matter what turn card comes he's going to bet it usually. I checkTurn: 9sI have the stone nuts, and Fluff checks to me. Knowing him he probably thinks I can have AT+, KT+, etc. I checked the flop so he's not going to put me on any PP because I will usually bet that spot. Should I be betting here, knowing he could come over the top, or check to the river and let him bet?

You should've just bet the flop and bet every street, because if you bet that flop when you miss you have to do it when you hit, otherwise your hand is transparent. As played just freaking bet. You really want to only try for one street of value with quads? Do you expect him to call a river raise or play back at you light when you slowplay on that board and then wake up on the river?

You should've just bet the flop and bet every street, because if you bet that flop when you miss you have to do it when you hit, otherwise your hand is transparent. As played just freaking bet. You really want to only try for one street of value with quads? Do you expect him to call a river raise or play back at you light when you slowplay on that board and then wake up on the river?
i mean he needs something to go broke with, so see if he has something
i mean he needs something to go broke with, so see if he has something
That's what I figure. If I bet the flop he could float me, but he's OOP and I did raise pre. Checking behind basically tells him I have two overs at best usually. This hand is about what to do when checked to on the turn playing an aggressive, and very good player HU.

Stacks are probably just about shallow enought o check back this flop and get it in by the river. Bet 12k on the turn if you do check it back. If he folds he probably has Jack high and you're never getting his money anyway.I think I still prefer a flop bet of about 14k in general.

• 2 weeks later...
So I was playing a home game and it was down to myself and Fluff heads up. I had knocked out the other guys earlier and I have had a chip lead most of the heads up, I have about 170k, Fluff has 70k. We were playing 6 minute levels and the blinds I believe were 1.5k/3k/500 ante.Hand: Tc9cI raise to 10k and Fluff comes along.Flop: 9d2s9hFluff checks to me and knowing almost no matter what turn card comes he's going to bet it usually. I checkTurn: 9sI have the stone nuts, and Fluff checks to me. Knowing him he probably thinks I can have AT+, KT+, etc. I checked the flop so he's not going to put me on any PP because I will usually bet that spot. Should I be betting here, knowing he could come over the top, or check to the river and let him bet?
You've got position, so at this stage of the hand I would continue with the slow play and hope he hits something on the river. If he doesnt bet at it after the river.....make a moderate bet to posture as though you didnt hit your hand, and you're now trying to steal the pot. It may not work, but since you set the trap.....you might as well see if it can catch something.

No reason to bet the flop at all. He folds and I lose any value. Remember after I bet 10k he's only got 60k behind, if I bet the flop he's gotta have a 9 or he's not going at all. I actually bet 12k on the turn in this hand and he called. River came an 8 and he bet out and I went all in and he called, with A8.

No reason to bet the flop at all. He folds and I lose any value. Remember after I bet 10k he's only got 60k behind, if I bet the flop he's gotta have a 9 or he's not going at all. I actually bet 12k on the turn in this hand and he called. River came an 8 and he bet out and I went all in and he called, with A8.
This is so wrong that I don't know where to start. I'm not trying to come off as harsh, but you have a lot to work on with your game.

Mine is situational, so maybe I shouldn't post it that way.Yes I should bet the flop, but I know my real opponent is folding. I apologize.