2010 Nhl Playoff Pool

Well I got 7 points today, plus the Crosby assist from yesterday that hasn't been counted. :)I think Dubey picked up only 2. This pool isn't won in the first round, though. Lots of hockey left, but man, this is easily my favorite pool of the year to sweat.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And a big night for Dale vs Daniel in the AHL playoff pool. And a big night for me in one of my pools....GO HABS GO!
How do those words come out of your mouth even :club:
How do those words come out of your mouth even :club:
I was thinking of not adding my own situation for tonight, but then I couldnt pass up the thought of you reading my text of those words.

So, it looks like only 3 teams have a full roster heading into the 2nd round. Myself, Dale, and Biatch... Pretty formidable group, if you was me.I'll have a 21 point lead on Dale, 23 on Biatch.Dubey is only 10 points back, but is down to a single player (Patrick Sharp).Nobody else has more than 6 players left.This pool isn't usually won on the first round, but there's been a lot more separation than usual. The 2nd round will be pretty key, as Chicago/Vancouver means a ton between the 3 of us who have full rosters left.

I think, as great a player as Ovi is, he has a tendency to disappear in big games. He's a guy that wants the puck a LOT, and in a big game, he wants it even more- part of a great competitive spirit. In the big games, defenses really focus on Ovi, and if he tries to hang on to the puck, it goes against him. We saw it in game seven last year, we saw it in the WJHC, we saw it in the olympics. So I'm with Zach on this one: if you shut down Ovi you can beat the Caps, and teams are getting better at it...
Hmmm...
So, it looks like only 3 teams have a full roster heading into the 2nd round. Myself, Dale, and Biatch... Pretty formidable group, if you was me.I'll have a 21 point lead on Dale, 23 on Biatch.Dubey is only 10 points back, but is down to a single player (Patrick Sharp).Nobody else has more than 6 players left.This pool isn't usually won on the first round, but there's been a lot more separation than usual. The 2nd round will be pretty key, as Chicago/Vancouver means a ton between the 3 of us who have full rosters left.
I'll be happy if I lose because Pittsburgh gets eliminated in the second round.

Wanted to post the official post-round 1 standings, so we can look back and see how far of a lead I'm going to give up. :club:9ojdLY9-bklDoGv1K_ND.jpgBtw, I miss last year's website, with it's snappy headlines and awesome projections and just way more info.

Pavelski and Heatley better not get me emotionally involved in this thing again just to break my heart. My brain tells me I don't bother to check the standings unless San Jose makes the final and Montreal nixes the Champs.

• 2 weeks later...
7OredwJqKBsVX9p_CWdC.jpgandVlV9zTV-i5URIDm6RYPY.jpgBiatch has 4 Flyers left, so he only has a shot if the Flyers win on Friday.I have Plekanec and Markov left.Wayne has 4 Hawks and 2 Flyers.I just need to kinda hang on down the stretch here, I guess.

After today's game, I am 16 points behind Zach. I have a shot, not a very good shot, but I have a shot, I would say it is about 5%. I have 4 Philly players, but the bad thing is that I picked some really bad ones. My four are:Simon GagneJVR (homer pick)Chris ProngerKimmo TimmonenZach has two habs, Markchov, and Plekanic.

After today's game, I am 16 points behind Zach. I have a shot, not a very good shot, but I have a shot, I would say it is about 5%. I have 4 Philly players, but the bad thing is that I picked some really bad ones. My four are:Simon GagneJVR (homer pick)Chris ProngerKimmo TimmonenZach has two habs, Markchov, and Plekanic.
If you go into the finals down by 16 even, you got a shot IMO..

Timonen has an assist so far, meanwhile the rest of my punk ass bitches have nothing. Zach's two guys Marchov and Plekanic have nothing either. 15 point lead now for Zach. Chances have now increased from 5% to 6% of getting 1st place.