Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (9 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comUTG ($9.22)UTG+1 ($18.79)MP1 ($6.69)MP2 ($8.22)MP3 ($3.90)CO ($19.32)Hero (Button) ($10.30)SB ($3.99)BB ($3.43)Preflop: Hero is Button with Qclub.gif, Aspade.gifUTG calls $0.10, 5 folds, Hero bets $0.40, 2 folds, UTG calls $0.30Flop: ($0.95) 9spade.gif, 10spade.gif, 6spade.gif(2 players)UTG checks, Hero bets $0.50, UTG raises to $2.45, Hero ???Check-raised on a flushed flop - is his range very strong here? Do I have enough potential hand equity and fold equity to push here?

He's never folding if you shove, but I do think your pair outs are good quite a bit of the time here. He has Tx plus a spade a lot in this spot. I'm torn between shoving now or calling to see a turn. Someone might need to run the maths on this one, but my gut says shove.

He's never folding if you shove, but I do think your pair outs are good quite a bit of the time here. He has Tx plus a spade a lot in this spot. I'm torn between shoving now or calling to see a turn. Someone might need to run the maths on this one, but my gut says shove.
If you're gonna play this you have to shove... just because we have to buy both cards for it to be profitable, and we never get paid when the 4th spade hits playing passively
I'm not so sure about that. Since I have the As, that would mean he limped UTG with hands like ATo or JTo with a spade. Those hands are not going to make up a big part of his range, which would also include sets, made flushes, combo draws, etc.
I'm not so sure about that. Since I have the As, that would mean he limped UTG with hands like ATo or JTo with a spade. Those hands are not going to make up a big part of his range, which would also include sets, made flushes, combo draws, etc.
This is exactly what fishes love to do with mediocre hands in EP.Fishes also rarely play made hands fast on the flop, especially on a mono flop where in their minds playing fast is likely to scare you away. This is pair + FD wayyyyyyyy more often than a set or flush.

we have no FE, we're behind his range, and there wasn't enough dead money out there to continue (I'm not counting his raise; even though it's part of the pot, he's not going to fold). phold.

This is exactly what fishes love to do with mediocre hands in EP.Fishes also rarely play made hands fast on the flop, especially on a mono flop where in their minds playing fast is likely to scare you away. This is pair + FD wayyyyyyyy more often than a set or flush.
Usually no, but they do tend to recognize when the flop is incredibly threatening. I'm not saying a pair+FD isn't in his range, I'm just saying I think it makes up a small part of his overall range here.
we have no FE, we're behind his range, and there wasn't enough dead money out there to continue (I'm not counting his raise; even though it's part of the pot, he's not going to fold). phold.
folding is certainly better than calling...but i'm still not sure if folding is better than shovingcan someone stove a range?

if we include hands like jj/at and combo draws we're about 38% and shoving is OK as long as he folds literally 2% of the time. but if we give him mostly monsters (flushes, straights, sets) then we're about 28% and shoving is clearly bad.imo he's got big hands more often than combos/one pair here.

i dont have stove on this computer ( will download it tonight) but i think this is a slight fold. shove isnt horrible if we think villain could have a made hand like a set or 2 pair trying to block off a hand like ours, but i think in rush we are kinda behind here a lot. i mean i wish this was a regular ring game bc we could figure this out so much better, but being rush i take the safe fold here. And lets not forget, villain is UTG so we can expect him to be tighter then usual here maybe. i think it is this:fold>shove>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>call