.25 90-man Ak Suited

No solid reads on villain, not a maniac is all I could say. Thoughts on all streets about sizing of bets needed as well. Turn shove fine or should I take a free card and shut down unimproved on river?PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 0.25 Tournament, 200/400 Blinds 50 Ante (8 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comMP1 (t9002)Hero (MP2) (t9740)CO (t15470)Button (t32576)SB (t1420)BB (t1675)UTG (t12715)UTG+1 (t13279)Hero's M: 9.74Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Aclub.gif, Kclub.gifUTG calls t400, 1 fold, MP1 calls t400, Hero bets t1025, 4 folds, UTG calls t625, MP1 calls t625Flop: (t4075) 2club.gif, Jheart.gif, 6club.gif(3 players)UTG checks, MP1 checks, Hero bets t2700, 1 fold, MP1 calls t2700Turn: (t9475) 4heart.gif(2 players)MP1 checks, Hero bets t5965 (All-In)

No solid reads on villain, not a maniac is all I could say. Thoughts on all streets about sizing of bets needed as well. Turn shove fine or should I take a free card and shut down unimproved on river?PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 0.25 Tournament, 200/400 Blinds 50 Ante (8 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comMP1 (t9002)Hero (MP2) (t9740)CO (t15470)Button (t32576)SB (t1420)BB (t1675)UTG (t12715)UTG+1 (t13279)Hero's M: 9.74Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Aclub.gif, Kclub.gifUTG calls t400, 1 fold, MP1 calls t400, Hero bets t1025, 4 folds, UTG calls t625, MP1 calls t625Flop: (t4075) 2club.gif, Jheart.gif, 6club.gif(3 players)UTG checks, MP1 checks, Hero bets t2700, 1 fold, MP1 calls t2700Turn: (t9475) 4heart.gif(2 players)MP1 checks, Hero bets t5965 (All-In)
Jam it preflop imo.As played, i would really like to see you bet a whole lot more than 2.7k on the flop, more like 3.7 imo. That bet pretty much tells your opponent that you're committing to this hand, and they will usually either fold or put you all in, both possibilities are not terrible.
I would have shoved the flop. Give the heat.
Yeah the problem with this is that alot of people would immediatly interpret this as an AK and as a result will call very light. If we bet out the pot then its generally alot harder for opponents to come over the top or just flat call, meaning their range for calling you here is gonna tighten up significantly.
Yeah the problem with this is that alot of people would immediatly interpret this as an AK and as a result will call very light. If we bet out the pot then its generally alot harder for opponents to come over the top or just flat call, meaning their range for calling you here is gonna tighten up significantly.
The combination of fold equity when you shove and the fact that you might have 15 live outs makes shoving the flop the best play in this type of situation. That said, I would have raised bigger PF so the flop shove isn't such a ridiculous overbet.As played I simply make a larger flop bet, like close to pot, to increase the chances that I can get it all in on the flop. In this spot you want to avoid getting called and having to face an awkward decision on the turn.
Raise wayyyyy more PF. Like 2000. That makes for an EZ flop shove.
This also.Considering the stakes, I'm going to put the villain on JT here, or an oddball A6 (in which case you probably won it on the turn).

Why would we raise 5x the BB? I know it makes a flop shove easier, but aren't we suppose to be 2.5x-3.5x raising preflop this late in a tournament? I mean, I raise this amount whether I'm stealing blinds or have a premium hand and I'm supposed to keep my raises the same to not give away strength/weakness so this confuses me a little.

Why would we raise 5x the BB? I know it makes a flop shove easier, but aren't we suppose to be 2.5x-3.5x raising preflop this late in a tournament? I mean, I raise this amount whether I'm stealing blinds or have a premium hand and I'm supposed to keep my raises the same to not give away strength/weakness so this confuses me a little.
There are limpers involved. For every limper, it is a usual rule of thumb that we add a BB to the raise size, even tho i usually 3x against 1 limper.