Mock Drafts, Mock Trades, Mock Chicken...

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm taking over for Gainey. I'm looking to move a goalie and maybe a player or two. Who wants to deal?
I'll trade you MacArthur, Butler and a 2nd for Halak and Bergeron. If you want to talk about a blockbuster I'll ship you Derek Roy, Chris Butler, this year's first and next year's second for Plekanec, Bergeron and Halak or Price.

I am entertaining offers for a solid 20 goal scorer who is a pending UFA. Still 29 years old. Has good size.Looking for a draft and/or prospect..Alexei Ponikarovsky

Selling Ray Whitney.......Pens fans?
I'll give you a conditional draft pick. 4th if they miss the playoffs...3rd if they make the playoffs, 2nd if they make it out of the first round.
you got hosed Adam Batman.
I don't see it that way, Sekera is really only valuable as an offensive PP-type defenseman (he's horrid in his own end), but he's already been passed by Butler and Myers as a PPQB so he spends most of his time in the press box with Paetsch. Stafford has a great player in him somewhere but he won't make the effort day in and day out, if we could put Matt Ellis' heart into Drew Stafford's skillset or vice-versa you'd have a 40-40 player. As such, Stafford is signed to a 2yr deal and will probably want way more than he's worth next summer (he wanted it this past summer but was made to see reason...when he didn't get an offer sheet). Coming back to Buffalo, we get a defenseman in Bergeron who can score goals and work the point on the PP, this will allow Lindy to stop trying to make Steve Montador a PPQB and Bergeron almost certainly wouldn't be resigned next year so it frees up cap for next year as well (Sekera is already signed for next season). We also get Tomas Plekanec who is the Top-2 center Buffalo desperately needs, both as insurance for the inevitable Tim Connolly injury as well as a means of getting Derek Roy out of a scoring line center role which he's clearly unsuited for (he's better as a 3rd line energy guy and on the PP where he'll still get most of his points). Plekanec can win faceoffs, he's defensively responsible and he still puts up PPG numbers, all things we badly need at the center position.

Buffalo still needs a backup goalie who can take over the crease 1 game a week down the stretch, I'd really love to see Marty Biron come back but I'd also be interested in Halak or Dan Ellis.

I don't see it that way, Sekera is really only valuable as an offensive PP-type defenseman (he's horrid in his own end), but he's already been passed by Butler and Myers as a PPQB so he spends most of his time in the press box with Paetsch. Stafford has a great player in him somewhere but he won't make the effort day in and day out, if we could put Matt Ellis' heart into Drew Stafford's skillset or vice-versa you'd have a 40-40 player. As such, Stafford is signed to a 2yr deal and will probably want way more than he's worth next summer (he wanted it this past summer but was made to see reason...when he didn't get an offer sheet). Coming back to Buffalo, we get a defenseman in Bergeron who can score goals and work the point on the PP, this will allow Lindy to stop trying to make Steve Montador a PPQB and Bergeron almost certainly wouldn't be resigned next year so it frees up cap for next year as well (Sekera is already signed for next season). We also get Tomas Plekanec who is the Top-2 center Buffalo desperately needs, both as insurance for the inevitable Tim Connolly injury as well as a means of getting Derek Roy out of a scoring line center role which he's clearly unsuited for (he's better as a 3rd line energy guy and on the PP where he'll still get most of his points). Plekanec can win faceoffs, he's defensively responsible and he still puts up PPG numbers, all things we badly need at the center position.
Aren't the guys you get essentially rentals?I wouldnt be ready to give up on Stafford for rentals at this point. Also, I still like Sekera as a future possibility if given some time to grow. I might be overvaluing him, and Stafford, but I dont really like Buffalo's chances at resigning Plekanec.
Aren't the guys you get essentially rentals?I wouldnt be ready to give up on Stafford for rentals at this point. Also, I still like Sekera as a future possibility if given some time to grow. I might be overvaluing him, and Stafford, but I dont really like Buffalo's chances at resigning Plekanec.
Yeah, I'm convinced plekanec has every intention of testing the free agent market.
I'll give you a conditional draft pick. 4th if they miss the playoffs...3rd if they make the playoffs, 2nd if they make it out of the first round.
more.AWard+Whitney for Caputi. or maybe Tangradi.
more.AWard+Whitney for Caputi. or maybe Tangradi.
would be a steal for Canes..Not even Kovalchuk got a prospect like Caputi or Tangradi back.
It would definitely be a bad deal if we couldn't resign Plekanec, but the deal is centered around the idea that we can.