I didn't think Essay was saying he would do it for charity; he was saying that even if Dan didn't care about the money personally, he could do a ton of good with it.

That Mexican goal call was great.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

AND RICHIE HAS MONSTROUS THIGHS   BE CAREFUL HE'LL GOUGE YOUR EYES   SCREAMS RACIAL SLURS AT BLACK GUYS   but out of love.. but out of love, but out of loooooove

Much like with Christianity, someday after I'm dead, when people are forming a religion around me, there will be a big split between those who don't believe in the literal divinity of my lifestyle and

God I love that Incognito song.

I didn't think Essay was saying he would do it for charity; he was saying that even if Dan didn't care about the money personally, he could do a ton of good with it.

That Mexican goal call was great.

I was just laughing at the idea of essay bringing up the selfishness of turning down a billion, because of all the good Dan could do, when if Essay got the billion, I am almost certain he'd use the money for shit like husker boxes, percentages of the lakers, and lady pyramids filled with sexually androgynous alleged women.

Look, I'm not hating the game. I think Dan's a chump for turning it down, because I'd do it in an instant. But I'm not giving that shit to Doctors without Borders, you can believe that and I'm not judging him because he wouldn't either.. And I don't' question Dan's sincerity or sanity for saying he'd turning it down, he knows what makes him happy and isn't willing to sacrifice it for money, good for him. I do think it's very easy to be the guy who says that they would take this inhuman stance in hypothetical situations, because they could never actually happen. I'm skeptical that he would actually turn in down, if he ever actually got the offer. But he never, ever would get the offer, so there's zero down side in it. But I'm positive he believes he would turn it down, right now.

I will say this.. I'm certain over the years that Dan has had many offers to leave Miami, particularly from ESPN to move to Bristol. And he never, ever took them, even though it would have meant substantially more money, more fame, and been "Better" for his career. So I think there's actual evidence in his behavior that he would not do it.

Exactly. Plus, this new information, makes this totally stupid. Everyone would live anywhere in the US for one year if they got a billion dollars.

If they could never leave their entire lives, then the billion would be almost worthless except from a charity standpoint, and only really really good people would do that. However, maybe you could just buy awesome houses for all your friends and family and convince everyone to move to Buffalo. They would all still be able to leave, and you would get to see them. But that would be awful, and there is almost no way that I would take the billion in that situation. One year I could do standing on my head.

Brvy, since you're not a real fan who listens to the show, I just want to let you know that it was just a throwaway line by Dan, not some hypothetical situation that they were discussing.

Also brvy, since you're not a real fan who listens to the show, which do you think is worse? Cheering when a player gets injured or swearing loudly around children at a game?

Brvy, since you're not a real fan who listens to the show, I just want to let you know that it was just a throwaway line by Dan, not some hypothetical situation that they were discussing.

Also brvy, since you're not a real fan who listens to the show, which do you think is worse? Cheering when a player gets injured or swearing loudly around children at a game?

I used to have a job that allowed me plenty of time to listen while at work. That's not exactly the case currently. I still haven't missed the TV show because I can watch the whole thing in less than 20 minutes. You're right though, I've been off the radio show for some time now. I still have every podcast since like 2006 or so, including the shows this week. They have very descriptive titles, so I've gone back an listened to certain interviews multiple times.

Cheering for an injury is worse. By far.

well yeah that is stupid because i do that. but it didnt bother me. also, him saving dan in that mike tyson interview was the best thing he's ever done. dan annoys me so much when he does that shit.

I hate Ketchup with a passion. I never put it on anything, and I give my kids a lot of crap if they ever ask for it.

Finally brvy is right about something.

You thought swearing around kids was worse than cheering an injury? It's like I don't even know you.

I thought his statement that you can't just walk into a store and buy a bag of tortilla chips stupid and offensive.

I took him as meaning you can't buy a personal sized bag or tortilla chips like you can of fritos, lays, etc