Top Pair Folded To All In

Beginning stages on a $10 18person sng. Everyone basically has 1500 chips. I play QJo on the button and flop a queen. Hers the hand. http://www.handconverter.com/hands/429349I was planning on just calling the hand down. UNG could of had AQ and not raised in Early position, and I wanted to try to keep the hand small small.On the turn when Middle Position went all in I couldnt put him on a hand. I was thinking he was protecting against a flush or had middle pair and wanted to end the hand. What do you think of the play. Thanks you the advice.JC

Yeah, this is AQ/KQ some of the time. It's also JT/99/55 some of the time. Your fold is a strong fold and you will live to fight another day. Some people will limp with AQ. I think it's an overvalued hand, but lots of people love to shove it, too. I think villain waited until the turn to shove to lessen the odds of a caller drawing out with a flush.

based on little info from way hand played out his range is pretty much across the board. Without knowing the play Q9 is in UTG limp range. In short for him to shove that total brick of a turn card is that he wants to make a 'donk' pay max to take one more shot at a draw, or he's got some sort of draw and is playing for F/E. I would fold this though without knowing anything more. I know early in 5-11 dollar tourneys I'll overshove TPTK/2 pair type hands after turn when no draws have made, because you will get called often enough to not lose equity in the over bet.

this is a tough spot, I feel like it can be Q10 just as easy as KQ, just overshoving top pair thinking you may be a draw... I dont often put him on a draw here... it seems like this is some kind of queen. You may have it beat, but you have so many BB left, and if you feel like you are better than the field its probably a + lay down.

Unless I have a note that villain makes crazy plays, I definitely fold the turn - we really only beat a weird (semi-) bluff.When I feel nitty enough, I may even fold the flop. When I decide to limp behind with QJ preflop, I'm either looking to flop something great (two pair or a good draw), or to take down a small pot cheaply on a favourable but not awesome flop. Here, QJ may be the best hand or it may not, and we have two more streets to get through before we find out. It's going to be very tough to make profitable decisions against future bets when we're up against two hands that we don't really have a clue about what they are, and whether we're ahead or behind. If you think you can make these dicisions, go ahead and call, but I certainly won't blame you for simply folding it.

i kind of think q9 is the most likely