Introduction...

Hey all, just wanted to introduce myself. This might be a bad time, since I just had a nasty suckout in a live game, but i'll get to that.Started reading this website about a week ago. Decided I wanted to get serious about poker again, and the last time I really started focusing, i did very well.This website helped alot with my confidence. It made me realize that in a lot of situations, I know the right action, but I just need to actually do it instead of gambling. "F*ck it, i'm probably good" used to be my (losing) mantra.I've never been terribly great online, but i'm hoping to improve that. I generally play 50 or 60 person live games, 2 to 5 times a week. I cashed in the Tuesday night $20 game for $100, the Friday night $40 game for $400 (3-way chop) and yesterday's freeroll for $300 (3-way chop).(Warning: bad beat story coming) I just busted out of tonight's tournament on the bubble to a brand new player. He was chip leader, I was 2nd stack. Limped on my BB with A2 os. Big stack is UTG, 3 more callers. Flop is A 2 8, rainbow. I check, he goes all in. Pot was 4,400 and he goes all in for 41,500. Next to act thinks for about 3 minutes and then folds (found out he had A 10), everyone else folds. I think about it for about 5 minutes. The only thing i was really worried about was A 8. I call.He says "Good Call" and flips over K Q os. Comes runner runner K K.Would have put me as chip leader for the tournament and at least $1100 for the week. (End of whining)Anyways, I know i'm on a good run and I need to be ready for downswings, but I am a lot more confident now. I hope to improve my online play and continue to improve my game. I generally don't post on many forums, but i'll be lurking around quite a bit. I'll try to be a regular reader (and hopefully contributor) so I don't let my game slip. I'm sure i'll be asking for advice about online play in the future. -Decade9

By the way, I wasn't trying to brag in that first post. I'm poor at wording posts, which is why I generally don't post on forums.Just wanted to cite an example. I've been reading a lot on here lately, and i'm very grateful to some of the posters and the advice they offer. I feel this past week's run can be credited directly to this forum.

I dunno how many were left, but might want to not limp with A2. Otherwise nothing you can do, so keep your head up.
If I hadn't been first to act with so many after me, I probably would have bumped it. I just didn't want to be forced into a continuation bet, since the big stack was calling everything. A bet on the flop probably would have gotten rid of him, but after I called him and saw the cards, I was very happy i checked. Not sure if it was the right move limping, but I'm about 90% sure that a raise would not have gotten rid of him, especially on KQ
Hey all, just wanted to introduce myself. This might be a bad time, since I just had a nasty suckout in a live game, but i'll get to that.Started reading this website about a week ago. Decided I wanted to get serious about poker again, and the last time I really started focusing, i did very well.This website helped alot with my confidence. It made me realize that in a lot of situations, I know the right action, but I just need to actually do it instead of gambling. "F*ck it, i'm probably good" used to be my (losing) mantra.I've never been terribly great online, but i'm hoping to improve that. I generally play 50 or 60 person live games, 2 to 5 times a week. I cashed in the Tuesday night $20 game for $100, the Friday night $40 game for $400 (3-way chop) and yesterday's freeroll for $300 (3-way chop).(Warning: bad beat story coming) I just busted out of tonight's tournament on the bubble to a brand new player. He was chip leader, I was 2nd stack. Limped on my BB with A2 os. Big stack is UTG, 3 more callers. Flop is A 2 8, rainbow. I check, he goes all in. Pot was 4,400 and he goes all in for 41,500. Next to act thinks for about 3 minutes and then folds (found out he had A 10), everyone else folds. I think about it for about 5 minutes. The only thing i was really worried about was A 8. I call.He says "Good Call" and flips over K Q os. Comes runner runner K K.Would have put me as chip leader for the tournament and at least $1100 for the week. (End of whining)Anyways, I know i'm on a good run and I need to be ready for downswings, but I am a lot more confident now. I hope to improve my online play and continue to improve my game. I generally don't post on many forums, but i'll be lurking around quite a bit. I'll try to be a regular reader (and hopefully contributor) so I don't let my game slip. I'm sure i'll be asking for advice about online play in the future. -Decade9
mCBr_gVBtZJgNbj_JlRO.png
If I hadn't been first to act with so many after me, I probably would have bumped it. I just didn't want to be forced into a continuation bet, since the big stack was calling everything. A bet on the flop probably would have gotten rid of him, but after I called him and saw the cards, I was very happy i checked. Not sure if it was the right move limping, but I'm about 90% sure that a raise would not have gotten rid of him, especially on KQ
Huh? I thought you said "Limped on my BB with A2 os. Big stack is UTG, 3 more callers. "I am so confused. Did you limp or were you BB? If you were UTG, just fold that crap.

I want to know how this....

since the big stack was calling everything.
and this
A bet on the flop probably would have gotten rid of him, but after I called him and saw the cards, I was very happy i checked. Not sure if it was the right move limping, but I'm about 90% sure that a raise would not have gotten rid of him, especially on KQ
got put into the same explanation?
welcome. way to throw that bad beat post in on your first post, nice touch.
I dunno how many were left, but might want to not limp with A2. Otherwise nothing you can do, so keep your head up.
funny-pictures-cats-heckle-you.jpg
Dammit, I got heckled, but I don't even remember reading this thread or replying to it. LOL Drunkaments.
I think you were doing the heckling. Q's cats are always re-enactments of the thread, rather than commentaries on the thread.
I think you were doing the heckling. Q's cats are always re-enactments of the thread, rather than commentaries on the thread.
Oh, that'd be good. :)I didn't go back to see if my comment made sense or not, so I wasn't sure.

He was calling everything post flop. I made a joke that after the flop, he was always calling down on a pair-draw. No one was showing him much aggression, which is the ONLY reason I think there was a chance he might have folded pre-flop...but probably not with KQ.Anyways, I have no ****ing clue what most of you are talking about, and i'm assuming half of it is inside jokes.As I said, I only posted about the wins because I feel i've doubled my ROI on live games due to reading up online, and I bitched about the bad beat because it is the worst i've ever had. He was a ridiculous underdog, I was 2nd stack, we were on the bubble, and that would have been my 3rd cash in a row. It also happened less than an hour before I posted, so I felt like venting a little bit. Call shenanigans all you want on that hand. I have enough bad beat stories that I don't need to make any up. I've also seen Aces lose to aces with a flush. Anyways, I'll stick to lurking and reading instead of posting. Forums are always full of you damn vultures that flock to fresh meat like fat kids to cake. Peace.