Just wondering if you guys think this was the right play. I thought it was, my friend disagreed.33 dollar tourney on stars. Down to 16 people, money was at 36.Blinds 500/1000Hero(8500)SB(10000)BB(12000)Hero has 6 6. Bets 8500.Good spot for steal or what for a better hand? For the past 2 orbits play has been pretty tight, probably waiting for the next pay jump at 15.Thanks

Just wondering if you guys think this was the right play. I thought it was, my friend disagreed.33 dollar tourney on stars. Down to 16 people, money was at 36.Blinds 500/1000Hero(8500)SB(10000)BB(12000)Hero has 6 6. Bets 8500.Good spot for steal or what for a better hand? For the past 2 orbits play has been pretty tight, probably waiting for the next pay jump at 15.Thanks
Pretty standard shove, not much you can do with only 8.5 BB's.

if it folds to you late then yes pretty much any pocket pair this short like 4's+. Important part of this hand is stack sizes of villains behind, they have to almost shove to call you they are forced to fold a good amount of the time

Yeah, def standard. You'll be called slightly lighter b/c you're on the button and ITM, but still a good spot. Tournament hands go in the tournament thread. http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-foru...hp?showforum=19If you're only getting called by pocket pairs, A8s+ and ATo+, KQs; you're 47.4%. That calling range is like top 14% of hands. So the sb will fold 86% of the time. As will the bb. I'm not good at probability, but I think that if they call with 14% of hands, 74% of the time they both fold. Plus the both call some small % of time, but overall, +ev shove.Don't be results oriented in these marginal/thin situations.