6max 5plo no real reads on villain, guess he's bad by this line he's takenHero has $9 to start the hand and villain coversHero is dealt [ A :heart: A :spade: 5 :heart: Q :diamond: ]1 foldHero raises to 0.151 foldBTN calls 0.151 foldBB calls 0.15Flop [ A :diamond: T :club: 3 :spade: ]($0.45)BB bets $0.20Hero raises to $1.001 foldBB calls 0.80Turn [ 5 :spade: ]($2.45)BB bets 0.50Hero raises to $3BB calls $2.50River [ A :diamond: T :club: 3 :spade: ] [ 5 :spade: ] [ 4 :club: ]($8.45)BB bets $4.85Hero foldspot odds are sexy and his line makes absolutely no sense, but is this ever not a straight? For the life of me I cannot put a deuce or 67 in his range. How does he show up w/that? But otoh why would some rando plo dude bet/call/bet/call shovebluff $5 into $8?

The one hand that sort of makes sense for villain is KQJ that picked up a spade draw on the turn. It could be the 245 straight draw that hit on the turn but decided to slow play for some reason. There is also the donk factor of having deuce and thinking he has a straight when he doesn't.. When someone's line makes no sense, my default play is to call. If he chose to take a sophisticated line with the wheel, then I don't mind paying him off.

I call here just because the line makes such little sense. If the story doesn't add up, especially at this level, I have to look it up. Just note him accordingly so this payoff is a one time deal. Most importantly here, make sure to note the line and result, so you know this guy's capability and holdings for such a line. I'm definitely holding my breath while calling though. Remember, if he's thinking at all, he's putting you on a range, and this turn/river just blasted a lot of your range. A really good thinking play here by villain just may be to lead strong value the river with any four cards.

I'm a plo novice but I think donkey villains show up with 2 pair here...Such as A10 thinking it's the nuts. I realize it's the case A but it's plo...and I've seen some bad..............plo players...

I'm a plo novice but I think donkey villains show up with 2 pair here...Such as A10 thinking it's the nuts. I realize it's the case A but it's plo...and I've seen some bad..............plo players...
Typically a bet like this is a straight of some variety or a villain uncomfortable with bluffing his missed broadway/flush. I don't think at 5 buck 6-max the guy is thinking outside the box to bet his rags like a value bet (2/3 PSB) in the face of the aggressor this whole hand. In fact that isn't even a "thinking play" it's a ridiculous line. The other option is a blocker/value bet from a villain with a lesser set.That said I don't think you are going to see AT or any other 2pair here like ever, although a donk play is always possible. Two pair is still around hoping the coordinated turn/river lets this go to showdown, otherwise checks and then soul reads if they want to call a river bet....but folds it a good amt of the time. Two pair just isn't strong enough for this play here I think.

call and let villain have a smaller set, at 5plo you face so many donk nlhe players that will treat middle set like the nuts and do stupid crap with it

this is probably TT with a spade draw. also, dont count out random 2 and thinks he has the straight. last night i got a $45 bet called on the river by QT97 on a 88AJ6 boardbut even if youre beat its good info which should help you make back your money pretty soon. in spots where theres a good chance i have the best hand but villain might have runnered something, i dont mind paying off b/c im often still taking the pot and if not i get some good info to abuse later and get my $$ back plus some. win win.

I have two personalities now,NLHE: This line makes no sense, I'm getting sick odds, easy callI find it much easier obviously to read hands in NLHE because there's only one combination. If villain continues in this hand then he really cannot have a deuce with only two cards, unless it's A2 and I'm clearly blocking that, or the 24. But in PLO he can show up with a wide range of combinations that can backdoor into a monster, something dumb like TT23r / 67T3 / 24xx / etc, the list doesn't end. Before disappearing into the void Simo posted a hand where he had c/c'd a villain down to the river, putting him on a flush draw. Well, he was right - villain DID have missed hearts, but he also had top two for a fullhouse.PLO: No one's bluffing for a stack here. Fold.It's really hard to accept this logic, but it's what I've tried to do. I can count on one hand the number of bluffs I've sniffed out so far, and that includes my days as a POW. Most players just don't bluff big, especially not when I've shown a bunch of strength (I've raised literally every street). I'd say that a hand with showdown value like TT or 33 will hope to take a showdown by checking. I'd expect someone overplaying AT/TT or whatever to 3-bet me OTF or on the turn at least. If they feel so strongly about their hand on a river, four to a straight, then wouldn't they feel even better about it earlier in the hand?

You're going to see something retarded like AT2x, A32x, A76x with 2 spades here a lot. This is almost never a bluff.
Yes given that this is $5 PLO, I'd say the odds of this being a retard with one of those hands goes way up. At higher stakes we can eliminate most of those hands because players tend to understand the hand values better.. but they might be more inclined to try a hopeless bluff on the river. The more I think about it the fold doesn't seem all that bad really.