lol, definitely was not calling anybody out.
Well, I mean, you obviously were, whether you meant to or not. You seem to think that someone like me thinks the show is hilarious but just wants to go against the grain to be super duper cool and counter-culture. I'm sorry, but you're just wrong. I'm happy to say that a show is hilarious...you'll see me in the Arrested Development, Modern Family, Louie, and It's Always Sunny threads talking about how great those shows are. I just don't think think The League is anywhere near those shows...sure, it's probably better than complete shit like 2.5 Men or most other laugh track family-friendly "comedies", but that's not saying much.The majority of the jokes on The League are repeated riffs on the joke of the day about each character. It's a series of rapid-fire jokes, closer to knock-knock jokes than well set-up humor that takes a bit of thinking. I don't think it's that funny, but it's entertaining enough to watch for a half hour a week, at least compared to the rest of tv. I just wish that instead of telling 10 jokes a minute they'd tell one a minute that's actually legitimately funny. I don't think I've ever laughed out loud at the show. Just saying.
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Taco is one of the primary reasons I won't watch this show again.

A complainer who complains.You were calling out everyone who wrote anything similar to what I wrote. I am included in the group of people who wrote what I wrote. Therefore you were calling me out.

I'm not sure anything is better than Sunny.

They say it isn't funny, but then continue to watch, and continue to complain about it.
It would be pretty boring around here if people only entered threads to agree about the show in question being amazing and beyond reproach.
Well, I mean, you obviously were, whether you meant to or not. You seem to think that someone like me thinks the show is hilarious but just wants to go against the grain to be super duper cool and counter-culture. I'm sorry, but you're just wrong. I'm happy to say that a show is hilarious...you'll see me in the Arrested Development, Modern Family, Louie, and It's Always Sunny threads talking about how great those shows are. I just don't think think The League is anywhere near those shows...sure, it's probably better than complete shit like 2.5 Men or most other laugh track family-friendly "comedies", but that's not saying much.The majority of the jokes on The League are repeated riffs on the joke of the day about each character. It's a series of rapid-fire jokes, closer to knock-knock jokes than well set-up humor that takes a bit of thinking. I don't think it's that funny, but it's entertaining enough to watch for a half hour a week, at least compared to the rest of tv. I just wish that instead of telling 10 jokes a minute they'd tell one a minute that's actually legitimately funny. I don't think I've ever laughed out loud at the show. Just saying.
Yeah I guess the part where I specifically stated this isn't directed at anyone in this thread translates to I'm calling you out Speedz. I had just finished reading through the whole thread and there were numerous negative comments about the show, not just yours, which made me think about all the times where I've seen people who wanna just bash something because they think it makes them cooler than all the sheep. I don't even know you, so for me to claim that's what you are doing would be a pretty bold statement. Did I quote your comment? Did I list you specifically by name? No, so you are assuming I'm calling you out because what, my reply to this thread followed your most recent comment and related to my point?I'm not trying to be a dick, I was simply stating my opinion that if someone goes into a show like The League thinking they are going to get comical genius for an entire 30 minutes, then they are an idiot. I also expressed my opinion that sometimes people claim to hate something just to stand out. That is all.

Also Speedz, just because I'm curious. Do you play fantasy football on a regular basis? Because I think that anyone who has been playing in leagues for years with a variety of different people can relate to The League and some of the humor a little bit better than those that don't really play fantasy.

Also Speedz, just because I'm curious. Do you play fantasy football on a regular basis? Because I think that anyone who has been playing in leagues for years with a variety of different people can relate to The League and some of the humor a little bit better than those that don't really play fantasy.
He's a vet, he doesn't like sports.
speedz, do you consider yourself more of a complainer who rapes, or a rapist who complains?
A complainer who complains.
Yeah I guess the part where I specifically stated this isn't directed at anyone in this thread translates to I'm calling you out Speedz. I had just finished reading through the whole thread and there were numerous negative comments about the show, not just yours, which made me think about all the times where I've seen people who wanna just bash something because they think it makes them cooler than all the sheep. I don't even know you, so for me to claim that's what you are doing would be a pretty bold statement. Did I quote your comment? Did I list you specifically by name? No, so you are assuming I'm calling you out because what, my reply to this thread followed your most recent comment and related to my point?
You were calling out everyone who wrote anything similar to what I wrote. I am included in the group of people who wrote what I wrote. Therefore you were calling me out. Is that not obvious? What about that is confusing to you?
I'm not trying to be a dick,
I don't care if you were or weren't. I'm just responding to what you were saying. I never whined about you being a dick, I just told you that you're wrong.
I was simply stating my opinion that if someone goes into a show like The League thinking they are going to get comical genius for an entire 30 minutes, then they are an idiot.
Well, GOCUBSGO, when I watch a comedy, I hope that it will be funny. When it is not particularly funny, that is what I say in a thread pertaining to that show. I say, "It's not very funny." Or maybe, if I think it's mostly horrible, I say, "It's mostly horrible." I don't go into a show hoping it will be barely tolerable, and then go online to rave about it being just that.
I also expressed my opinion that sometimes people claim to hate something just to stand out. That is all.
That's true. And sometimes they hate because that is how they feel about the subject in question. I'm sure you can understand that. I should also mention the fact that it's not like The League is some critically acclaimed show that is generally agreed to be one of the best of all time. You're acting as if people are claiming The Wire was a complete flop. It's The League we're talking about here.
I've played fantasy football since before it was done on computers, and I'm currently in three leagues. And yes, my friends give each other all kinds of shit, just like in every league ever created. The show just isn't very funny. They try WAY too hard, spit out a million jokes that are somewhere from "pointless" to "unfunny" to "ok", and very rarely have some kind of set up payoff that any random guy in his 20's or 30's couldn't come up with given ten minutes and a few beers. If you like the show, that's fine, you are more than welcome to enjoy whatever you want. I'm just stating my opinion. Again, it's usually somewhat entertaining, which is why I watch it...it's just not all that funny.
He's a vet, he doesn't like sports.
Womp womp.
  • Like 1
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

haven't watched this week yet. last week's origin story was awesome.

missed the first couple eps of the season due to not having fxx in my dtv package. but got a free upgrade for the next 12 months.

• 2 weeks later...

Guapo loves the show.

It's peak was a couple seasons ago, when I thought it outperformed Sunny on a weekly basis, but it's still entertaining. Kinda running out of new, awful, gross things to do to each other and each other's wives.

It's peak was a couple seasons ago, when I thought it outperformed Sunny on a weekly basis, but it's still entertaining. Kinda running out of new, awful, gross things to do to each other and each other's wives.

I'm not sure anything is better than Sunny.

• Like 1
  • 11 months later...