Wpt Bellagio Day 1

Day 1 of the $15K buyin WPT Festa al Lago begins at 12:00 Noon today and Daniel will be playing.Daniel did some WPT results analysis and blogged about it last night.http://fullcontactpoker.com/poker-journal....&ucat=&Updates will be available from Daneil via Twitter.http://fullcontactpoker.com/daniel-negreanu/twitter.phpAs usual for WPT events the best upsdates are on the WPT website.http://www.worldpokertour.com/Live_Updates/Live.aspxGood Luck today DanielDaniel's Twitter Updates21 October 2009, 2:18 pmRealKidPoker: WPT Bellagio starting now. I got Ted Lawson on my left and the crazy Hungarian also. Otherwise, total randoms21 October 2009, 3:49 pmRealKidPoker: 63525 after level 1 we start with 6000021 October 2009, 5:34 pmRealKidPoker: 57550 after level 221 October 2009, 7:21 pmRealKidPoker: 36075 Hungarian guy just killed me. He hasn't folded preflop yet.21 October 2009, 9:04 pmRealKidPoker: 27500 after level 4. Made one bluff that went bad. Weird one.21 October 2009, 9:50 pmRealKidPoker: Ugh. All in with JJ vs 66 before the flop and the guy hit a 6 on the flop. I'm out.

Gl Daniel, wow that blog is really an eye opener, the stats are just really interesting to see and your right without the sat's or being a great cash table player it's just not worth it. But on the other hand Just a one time experience well it's worth it in my books any ways.

Read on wpt.com that registration for the event will be open for EIGHT levels. You will be able to buy-in for a full stack of $60,000 all the way into day two of the event. That just doesn't seem right to me.

Table 62Seat 1: Daniel NegreanuSeat 2: Ted LawsonSeat 5: Prinz Olav von SachsenSeat 7: Todd TerryTable 57Seat 1: David BenyamineSeat 7: Sam SteinSeat 8: Andrew BartaSeat 9: Aurangzeb "Ozzy87" ShiekhTable 51Seat 4: Soheil ShamseddinSeat 7: Josh AriehSeat 8: David ChiuSeat 9: Phil Ivey

well it's going to take jean-robert extra long to get backers now that daniel posted his ROI :club:
and Williams the third and other yah may have screwed a few people. but hey if people weren't doing this research themselves and investing in people then they are just morons and i would like them to invest in me lol
Read on wpt.com that registration for the event will be open for EIGHT levels. You will be able to buy-in for a full stack of $60,000 all the way into day two of the event. That just doesn't seem right to me.
Late Registration PossibilitiesLevel 1: 50-100, anteAbout halfway through the first level of play, there are 179 players registered for this tournament. Though as we mentioned earlier, registration will remain open for the first eight levels of play. With five 90-minute levels each day, that gives players until tomorrow at 5:00 pm to register. If a player were to register at the last possible moment, they would begin Level 9 with a full starting stack of 60,000. But with the blinds at 800-1,600 (200 ante), they'll only have 37.5 big blinds to work with. If a player were to skip Day 1 but register at the start of Day 2, the blinds would be at 400-800 (75 ante). That would give them 75 big blinds to work with -- a comfortable amount for a pro poker player, given the fact that they would have missed an entire day's action. A more likely scenario would be for a player to show up a few hours late. If someone were to show up around 5:00 pm today, the blinds would be 200-400 (25 ante), which would be 150 big blinds. Just to clarify the situation, if a player pre-registers but shows up late, their chips are put on the table and blinded down normally. But if a player registers late, they get a fresh stack of 60,000 chips from the time they register. So it's definitely to a player's advantage to register late if they don't plan to be here for the start of the tournament.

I'm probably a-typical when it comes to this, but in larger tournaments with deeper stacks relative to the blinds, I don't mind registering a few levels in. For example, in the Warmup and Million, come in at the end of the first hour and you saved yourself a donktasticly bad time

I'm probably a-typical when it comes to this, but in larger tournaments with deeper stacks relative to the blinds, I don't mind registering a few levels in. For example, in the Warmup and Million, come in at the end of the first hour and you saved yourself a donktasticly bad time
I agree with you in theory...but this is a $15,000 buy-in event that probably won't draw more than 250 players, the vast majority of which will be seasoned pros. It's not like you are going to have a ton of donkified play during this event. If the tournament starts on Wednesday, then you should have to be there that day. I recognize that its more of a disadvantage the longer you wait, but it just doesn't seem right that I can skip the entire first day of a tournament and then jump in at the last minute.
I agree with you in theory...but this is a $15,000 buy-in event that probably won't draw more than 250 players, the vast majority of which will be seasoned pros. It's not like you are going to have a ton of donkified play during this event. If the tournament starts on Wednesday, then you should have to be there that day. I recognize that its more of a disadvantage the longer you wait, but it just doesn't seem right that I can skip the entire first day of a tournament and then jump in at the last minute.
You're right, there wouldn't be as many (probably very few) donktastic playersPerhaps another advantage is one less day of grinding?
You're right, there wouldn't be as many (probably very few) donktastic playersPerhaps another advantage is one less day of grinding?
Stake me the $15K + airfare and I'll test that theory...

Daniel Negreanu EliminatedLevel 5: 300-600, 50 anteDaniel Negreanu was just eliminated when he was all in preflop with pocket jacks against another player's pocket sixes. A six on the flop was all it took to end Negreanu's tournament early. Daniel Negreanu - Eliminated

lol. I figured as much, but it's not entirely impossible that he flew out there for this
I didn't know I was playing in the WPT! :)They must have assumed my chip count from the $2k event was from the wpt. :club:

mother f-ing hungarian!