Poker Hof .. What A Joke!

I was just on Cardplayer's website and came upon the article for the Poker Hall of Fame nominees. They are as follows: Tom McEvoy, Barry Greenstein, Men Nguyen, Scotty Nguyen, Phil Ivey, Daniel Negreanu, Mike Sexton, Dan Harringon, Eric Seidel and Tom Dwan.Now dont get me wrong all of these players are great players but i couldnt think to myself of how offended i would be if i was actually in the Hall of Fame and saw Tom Dwans name even on the list of nominees. Chip Reese is rolling over as i type this. This rant has nothing to do with Dwan himself as im sure he is a great player and its not by his choice to be on this list so he's not in the wrong here. But whoever does the nomination process should be extremely ashamed of themselves for this. Its making a complete mockery of the Hall of Fame. I lost alot of respect for what it stands for after this. This is the peak of your career in the poker industry. Treat it that way people. Did they think people would get offended if they put Annette Obrestad on the list?? I mean seriously, what a joke!! I have no problem with the others outside of maybe McEvoy. I think that the poker Hall of Fame should be the cherry of top of someones resume so i dont think anybody under 50 should get in even though i know people already in are under 50 ( Hellmuth ). Id say Mike Sexton Eric Seidel (not sure on his age he might be under 50 as well) and Barry Greenstein should get in this year. Ivey and Daniel would be next but i think even they would say it would be more special to get this nomination at the age of 50 or so. Would love to hear what people think about this, especially Daniel.

I was just on Cardplayer's website and came upon the article for the Poker Hall of Fame nominees. They are as follows: Tom McEvoy, Barry Greenstein, Men Nguyen, Scotty Nguyen, Phil Ivey, Daniel Negreanu, Mike Sexton, Dan Harringon, Eric Seidel and Tom Dwan.Now dont get me wrong all of these players are great players but i couldnt think to myself of how offended i would be if i was actually in the Hall of Fame and saw Tom Dwans name even on the list of nominees. Chip Reese is rolling over as i type this. This rant has nothing to do with Dwan himself as im sure he is a great player and its not by his choice to be on this list so he's not in the wrong here. But whoever does the nomination process should be extremely ashamed of themselves for this. Its making a complete mockery of the Hall of Fame. I lost alot of respect for what it stands for after this. This is the peak of your career in the poker industry. Treat it that way people. Did they think people would get offended if they put Annette Obrestad on the list?? I mean seriously, what a joke!! I have no problem with the others outside of maybe McEvoy. I think that the poker Hall of Fame should be the cherry of top of someones resume so i dont think anybody under 50 should get in even though i know people already in are under 50 ( Hellmuth ). Id say Mike Sexton Eric Seidel (not sure on his age he might be under 50 as well) and Barry Greenstein should get in this year. Ivey and Daniel would be next but i think even they would say it would be more special to get this nomination at the age of 50 or so. Would love to hear what people think about this, especially Daniel.
I agree.

The best nl cash game player in the world is a nominee for the poker hall of fame? Disgraceful.

The best nl cash game player in the world is a nominee for the poker hall of fame? Disgraceful.
If it was the NL cash game HOF then I would agree.Being really good at 2 types of cash game for 3 years should not get you anywhere near the poker HOF.

agree with last statement. what do you think people like howard lederer, mike matusow, huck seed, layne flack, kathy liebert think when the see dwan on that list .. they gotta be kinda pissed off

I would agree with the poster that said it was a mistake for the public for choosing. If they keep that up then we'll run into the same situation as nominating the highschool geek as prom king because it's ironically funny.