Macrobiotics Diet

Haha! Loving this account so much.Oh, wait...
<3 sweetie that's the revenge part lolit's a coming .....
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

worthless if you have not been through it or if you don't know what your talking about.I happen to be knowledgeable in both area's, as I have experience it many times. I also lost over 140lbs. It's not easy and you need to exercise. But I also follow under care of trained doctors and registered dietitians who have the data to back up there findings with research on this type of diet. Research shows that you need a balance diet high in protein with a least 6 meals a day.
Worthless if you don't have common fucking sense. He was asking about a macrobiotic diet and you went rambling off into some nonsensical bullshit about how you went from stuffing your face with 6,000 calories a day to eating 6 small meals a day--all the while, completely ignorning the original post. A better response might have been... "A macrobiotic diet offers A, B and C..but lacks D, E, and F. I've found that eating 6 meals a day is better because it offers G, H and I and doesn't exclude J, K and L..."BTW..excellent joke account. Just, just..great.
Worthless if you don't have common fucking sense. He was asking about a macrobiotic diet and you went rambling off into some nonsensical bullshit about how you went from stuffing your face with 6,000 calories a day to eating 6 small meals a day--all the while, completely ignorning the original post. A better response might have been... "A macrobiotic diet offers A, B and C..but lacks D, E, and F. I've found that eating 6 meals a day is better because it offers G, H and I and doesn't exclude J, K and L..."BTW..excellent joke account. Just, just..great.
where was it ignoring the original post, your right I should put it in a more organized fashion. I should of backed up research and information why the macrobiotic diet would fail compared to eating small meal portions 6 times a day, but then I am not perfect like you. It's over 40 years of experience that also speaks and many of those from using different diets. Best thing SuperJon can do is to do all the research he can on line of the various diets. I would recommend medical sites, and or specialty sites in diets or Bariatric medicine. Calorie counters for one. There are many sites out there to list just make sure they are creditable.
I should of backed up research and information why the macrobiotic diet would fail compared to eating small meal portions 6 times a day
there's still plenty of time. can you please provide this research? jon: I really didn't know what the macrobiotic diet was, but by a quick glance at the wiki page it basically just looks like a diet of "eat healthy food" and is more of a common sense thing than anything. I mean, if you're trying to lose weight and be healthier, it's pretty obvious to avoid process foods, alcohol, and fatty high cholesterol type things. stick to the outside isles of the grocery store, try to only buy things that don't have packaging, and if they do have packaging, pay close attention to the ingredients list. hint: sodium stearol lactylate is not a whole food.

Rose, Rose, Rose, Rose, Rose…I am going to give you some unsolicited advice because I know you really want to be a participant of this forum and to have members take you seriously.1. Before hitting submit, copy and paste your reply into Word and check spelling and grammar.2. After you have totally rewritten your response, re-read the OP and the responses above. 3. If you are not a subject matter expert, state that in your response.4. Bullet points may be your friend so that whatever you are saying is not all over the place.5. Be aware that this forum is primarily young intelligent men between 20-30 years of age. Know your audience.I hope these tips help you.

Hey Superjon...On July 10th the movie Food INC will release in Winter Park. My son saw the movie in Dallas and he is finally eating healthy. When he told me he was buying and eating veggies I knew it was a movie I had to see.Much of the information in the movie is from Michael Pollan. You may want to check it out. I have watched a few of his lectures on You Tube. http://www.foodincmovie.com/

I was in the grocery store the other day and was looking at the tomatoes trying to pick out a good one. looked at the little sticker on it and it said "Product of Holland." Holland? really? why in god's name am I buying a tomato that was grown in holland? of all the things I can get in america, hell, five miles from my house, why the hell do I need to buy a tomato from holland?I'd like to see this movie. looks good.
I was in the grocery store the other day and was looking at the tomatoes trying to pick out a good one. looked at the little sticker on it and it said "Product of Holland." Holland? really? why in god's name am I buying a tomato that was grown in holland? of all the things I can get in america, hell, five miles from my house, why the hell do I need to buy a tomato from holland?I'd like to see this movie. looks good.
But here is the real kicker Sal. That tomato that is 5 minutes away from you may have gone first to a warehouse hundreds of miles away from you before it actually gets back to your grocery store.
But here is the real kicker Sal. That tomato that is 5 minutes away from you may have gone first to a warehouse hundreds of miles away from you before it actually gets back to your grocery store.
nah actually I'm talking about locally grown ones that are sold by the people that grow them (like not in a grocery store). I'm a redneck and live in the country so I actually have pretty good access to locally grown vegetables and crap like that. the main barrier is it's a pain in the ass to get. but yeah, there's still plenty of ridiculous stuff like that that goes on too.
Hey Superjon...On July 10th the movie Food INC will release in Winter Park. My son saw the movie in Dallas and he is finally eating healthy. When he told me he was buying and eating veggies I knew it was a movie I had to see.Much of the information in the movie is from Michael Pollan. You may want to check it out. I have watched a few of his lectures on You Tube. http://www.foodincmovie.com/
I might just check that out. Thank you very much.
thanks for that, looks great, i hope i can find it somewhere
nah actually I'm talking about locally grown ones that are sold by the people that grow them (like not in a grocery store). I'm a redneck and live in the country so I actually have pretty good access to locally grown vegetables and crap like that. the main barrier is it's a pain in the ass to get. but yeah, there's still plenty of ridiculous stuff like that that goes on too.
We go to the local farmers market almost every Saturday. Since I live in California and we grow pretty much everything I have access to fresh healthy fruit and veges years round. It still kills me that people on the east cost have never had Avocados or Artichokes, and if they have they were like $7 a piece.
We go to the local farmers market almost every Saturday. Since I live in California and we grow pretty much everything I have access to fresh healthy fruit and veges years round. It still kills me that people on the east cost have never had Avocados or Artichokes, and if they have they were like $7 a piece.
What are you talking about? Haas Avocados are from California. We grow avocados in FL and they are twice the size of a Haas. And when I lived in the Caribbean there was an avocado tree right outside of my front door.And there are few salad bars that do not have artichoke hearts. Granted, you will see less whole fresh artichokes,but they do exist.And we have lots of farmer's markets in Florida. My son lives in Dallas and there is a huge market 3 blocks from his apartment.But most people, even those in FL and CA do their shopping at the grocery store. That is why I posted the movie.
What are you talking about? Haas Avocados are from California. We grow avocados in FL and they are twice the size of a Haas. And when I lived in the Caribbean there was an avocado tree right outside of my front door.And there are few salad bars that do not have artichoke hearts. Granted, you will see less whole fresh artichokes,but they do exist.And we have lots of farmer's markets in Florida. My son lives in Dallas and there is a huge market 3 blocks from his apartment.But most people, even those in FL and CA do their shopping at the grocery store. That is why I posted the movie.
Most of the friends I have that lived on the east coast (Not FL) have never had those two items. When I went to DC a couple years ago, we went to a Mexican restaurant, that was sort of a higher end restaurant and they made a huge deal about having guacamole. It was their "special". As an aside it was really funny because they were asking us if we had ever had guacamole, and my wife and her family are all Mexican. It was $14 a serving.Point being, I feel very lucky that somewhere within a couple hours of me I can get fresh grown of pretty much any fruit or vegetable I can think of, except for some of the more exotic tropical items.
where was it ignoring the original post, your right I should put it in a more organized fashion. I should of backed up research and information why the macrobiotic diet would fail compared to eating small meal portions 6 times a day, but then I am not perfect like you. It's over 40 years of experience that also speaks and many of those from using different diets. Best thing SuperJon can do is to do all the research he can on line of the various diets. I would recommend medical sites, and or specialty sites in diets or Bariatric medicine. Calorie counters for one. There are many sites out there to list just make sure they are creditable.
The fact that you apparently think that ONE diet would be best for everyone is ridiculously stupid. And you completely ignored the original post. He was asking if anybody had tried a macrobiotic diet (read: someone who could give him advice about the MACROBIOTIC DIET). He didn't want some pointless, misinformed drivel
Most of the friends I have that lived on the east coast (Not FL) have never had those two items. When I went to DC a couple years ago, we went to a Mexican restaurant, that was sort of a higher end restaurant and they made a huge deal about having guacamole. It was their "special". As an aside it was really funny because they were asking us if we had ever had guacamole, and my wife and her family are all Mexican. It was $14 a serving.Point being, I feel very lucky that somewhere within a couple hours of me I can get fresh grown of pretty much any fruit or vegetable I can think of, except for some of the more exotic tropical items.
This is very strange. I've lived in New York, New Jersey, and Maryland, and I don't think I've ever met anyone that hasn't had an avocado or artichoke.
The fact that you apparently think that ONE diet would be best for everyone is ridiculously stupid. And you completely ignored the original post. He was asking if anybody had tried a macrobiotic diet (read: someone who could give him advice about the MACROBIOTIC DIET). He didn't want some pointless, misinformed drivel
Aside from the fact that she is a terrible writer and didn't answer his question in regards to macrobiotic diet, her actual advice on eating healthy was spot on.
Rose, Rose, Rose, Rose, Rose…I am going to give you some unsolicited advice because I know you really want to be a participant of this forum and to have members take you seriously.1. Before hitting submit, copy and paste your reply into Word and check spelling and grammar.2. After you have totally rewritten your response, re-read the OP and the responses above. 3. If you are not a subject matter expert, state that in your response.4. Bullet points may be your friend so that whatever you are saying is not all over the place.5. Be aware that this forum is primarily young intelligent men between 20-30 years of age. Know your audience.I hope these tips help you.
thx theresa, will do
Going to the local farmers market is the best thing ever. Our farmers market is big here and it is held 4 days a week where all the local farmers come into the city and bring there produce. Nothing beats it. It's all year round now because most of them also have hydroponics operations for winter growing so that you get fresh veggies and fruits. It also brings out the bakers, the meat vendors, the different culture groups and organic producers so when you shop around it's got everything. It's so much better than going to the grocery store. It's all fresh with very little package stuff. It's so worth going to it. The best part we are surrounded by great farms within 25 miles of the city. Sometimes just within a 5 mile drive I can go get fresh veggies and fruits right from a local farm. Like local strawberries which are just finishing there season. Anything from a local farm beats going to the grocery store.
Aside from the fact that she is a terrible writer and didn't answer his question in regards to macrobiotic diet, her actual advice on eating healthy was spot on.
thx Spademan
thx Spademan
Probably my favorite series of posts since I started reading this forum.
Her implication that her diet would fit all is really what I disagreed with. The best diet is not one that will necessarily lose you weight, but rather supplies all of the necessary nutrition to keep your body running smoothly. The fact that she is losing weight on that diet cannot be solely attributed to the diet considering that she had gastric bypass.
yeah as theresa said I think your friends may just be retarded or something, and that restaurant must have been retarded too. I just came back from the grocery store (my local one, so you KNOW they don't have much of a selection) and they had avocados 2 for 3 dollars and they had fresh artichokes too.also, I'm gonna kinda start eating like this now too. I had been planning on it anyways, and I eat pretty closely like this already, but I'm cutting out even more things now for a while. gonna see how it goes. not doing anywhere near the amount of grains it calls for though, just mainly vegetables and fish.

Key to attaining personal fitness and ideal body is proper diet planning and adhering to the routine. This article will help you analyze your diet plan and provide all the necessary information for determining right meal frequency, protein and carbs intake, water consumption, supplementation. Weight gain or loss is chiefly dependant on the daily calorie intake. It varies person to person which is in turn depends upon your life style and activity level. So if your calorie intake increases or decreases your body requirement then you will experience weight change.To make things simple, one pound of fat equals 3500 calories. If your calorie intake increases your energy level by 3500 calorie, then you may gain 1 pound of fat. Same goes for fat loss if you decrease 3500 calories from your diet over a week, you may lose 1 pound. Meal FrequencyThe most important factor in diet planning is the right meal frequency. As a rule of thumb, always consume at least 6 meals daily. Whether you are a mass builder or trying to reduce fat, you should adhere to this 6 smaller meals daily routine. The prime reason for following this routine is to keep your metabolic rate at an elevated rate. This increased metabolic will help you in adding leaner mass and burning fat at a much higher rate. In addition, your body can absorb smaller meals better than the larger ones. This way, your body gets to absorb more nutrients and it also does not over load your digestive system. So, you stay healthy.Another important factor in meal frequency is the timing. You should never ever starve your body and its better to take your meal after every 3 hours or before. Otherwise, your metabolic rate slows down and body starts to store fat. Protein IntakeTo add lean mass, protein intake is must and all of your 6 meals should contain a good source of protein. As a rule of thumb, you should take 1-1.5 grams of protein per day per pound of your body weight. So if you weight 160 pounds, your ideal daily protein should be around 160 – 240 grams per day. And as per 6 meals a day rule, each of your meal should contain 30-40 grams of protein.Carbohydrates IntakeCarbs are essential for bodybuilders to gain mass. Adequate amount of carbs not only helps in fueling your body with the daily energy but also helps your body to fully utilize the amino acids for muscle growth. Carbs are chiefly responsible for release of “insulin” release which shuttles amino acids and other vital nutrients into your muscles for growth. But it is essential to take as many clean complex carbohydrates as possible, because increased intake can result in fat storage. Processed food induces overproduction of insulin, while fibrous cleaner carbs stabilizes the production of insulin which inturn suppresses the fat storing ability of hormone. Since carbs is the basic source of energy, minerals, vitamins and fiber for your body, so carb intake is necessary for weight loss diet. But it is essential to stick to a diet plan with clean complex carbohydrates rich in fiber. Water IntakeWhether you plan to add mass or lose weight water plays a major role. No one can deny the importance of water as your 2/3 of your body is water, it lubricates your body, allows your muscles to contract harder and speeds up recovery, maintains temperature and perform some million other functions. As a rule, you should consume atleast 10, 8 ounces glasses of water every day.SupplementationWord “supplement” means “something which makes up for a deficiency; addition, extra added part”. This literally is the function of supplementation. It won’t replace the meat and potatoes of the nutrition. Supplements help body big time once the basic nutritional requirements are taken care of. Diet Planning for BodybuildingIn order to add mass, you need to increase your daily calorie intake. This means you need to take more calories daily than your consume. Taking this into consideration, people increase their calorie intake drastically which eventually leads to increased body fat. You need to be careful while adding calories to your daily diet. The better way is to gradually add calories to your diet. My advice is to add 250 extra calories to your diet weekly. If your daily calorie requirement is around 2500 add 250 calories per week, till you reach your targeted daily intake for mass building. This addition will not result in increased fat storage as your metabolic rate will adjust accordingly.Rules for mass addition are simple. Since 3500 calories equals 1 pound of body weight. If you intake 3500 calories in excess over a certain period of time you increase 1 pound of body weight. Same goes for weight loss. So if someone wants to add 1 pound per week and his starting calorie intake as per his maintained body weight is 2500 calories, then he should add 500 more calories to his diet. These 500 increased calories over the week would account for 3500 additional calories, which in turn will result in 1 pound increase in body weight. But remember you don’t need to rush. Follow the rule described above; add 250 calories per week till you reach your targeted calorie intake.Rest of the section, will cover factors like - meal frequency, macronutrients (protein, carbs, fat) intake, rest - that play an important role in mass building diet planning. This discussion will be followed by a free sample diet plan for mass building based on 3500 calories a day. Meal FrequencyFollow the “6 meals a day” rule. Your muscles need constant supply of amino acids. So need to saturate your muscles with constant supply of proteins through out the day. Each meal should be a balanced one with right amount of protein, carbohydrates and fats. With 6 meals a day with 2-3 hour of break in between is the ideal meal frequency. Remember, this routine will increase the metabolic rate which inturn, with increased number of calorie intake, will result in tremendous increase in lean muscle mass. 3500 Calories a day for body builders http://6mealsaday.com/images/table04.png1800 Calories a day for people who want to lose weighthttp://6mealsaday.com/images/table03.png

Key to attaining personal fitness and ideal body is proper diet planning and adhering to the routine. This article will help you analyze your diet plan and provide all the necessary information for determining right meal frequency, protein and carbs intake, water consumption, supplementation.
See, with a little time and effort, you too can post without numerous grammatical errors and stupid instant message phrases like "lol", as well as correct punctuation. I'm glad Theresa had that little talk with you, it's already showing.

via pubmedHighlighting the positive impact of increasing feeding frequency on metabolism and weight management.Louis-Sylvestre J, Lluch A, Neant F, Blundell JE.Laboratoire de Physiologie du Comportement Alimentaire, UFR Léonard de Vinci, Bobigny, France. jlsylv@club-internet.frResearch on feeding frequency started more than 20 years ago and some studies have shown evidence of nutritional benefits, especially on metabolism and body weight management. Advice on feeding frequency could play an important role in public health policies by reducing levels of overweight and obesity, the prevalence of which has dangerously increased in most countries over the last few decades. The 17th International Congress of Nutrition brought to the forefront the benefits of increasing feeding frequency (i.e. keeping the same total daily energy intake but dividing it into more frequent meals than usual). Recent epidemiological studies, mostly carried out in France, have provided evidence on the beneficial effects of a fourth, to sixth meal for those individuals who habitually choose this pattern. Supported by metabolic data, these findings have now been supported by experimental studies.

See, with a little time and effort, you too can post without numerous grammatical errors and stupid instant message phrases like "lol", as well as correct punctuation. I'm glad Theresa had that little talk with you, it's already showing.
I hate to shatter your illusions, but it's a cut and paste.