hmm, ok, so lots of dicking around with rumors just to take tavares anyway. glad I spent almost zero time thinking about the draft.by the way, can we goddamn do the retarded lottery already?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Flyers are also now over the cap, sitting with 56.9 million (cap is 56.8). They have 10 forwards under contract, but guys like JVR and Nold could come up to fill it out. They still need to pay those players. JVR's contract, with bonuses, is going to be in the 2-3 million range anyways. Nodl makes 850k.On defense, they'll have 6 guys locked up now. Pretty good looking defense, though.Oh jeez, their cap numbers don't even include Emery's contract, and they also need a 2nd goalie.Someone else has to go. Briere?

****.my.life.Sbisa and ****ing Lupul to Anaheim??????**** you! Please be kind to the Ducks, Mr. NHL schedule maker.- Limidonks GM.
YEAH. Your life sucks. YOU stanley cup winner, YOU
Lol at the Islanders.
Trading up twice, from 26 to 16 to 12, spewing off 4 extra draft picks, in order to draft a guy ranked 23rd.... Dunno how they figured that one out.

so this pretty much clears up whatever decisions I had left for our draft. I'm almost indifferent to the lottery results now. if I land the #1 overall, get ready to start talking, davey.

Was kind of disappointed, tons of rumors swirling early/mid day and then really nothing has happened other than the pronger deal. When I first read that Pronger was going to the Flyers my heart sank. Gave up a ton though. I think they have to move Briere, so they're really hurting their scoring, and, on top of that, I think some of their current top blueliners are overrated. In a way, though, Pronger will fit right in with the way the flyers play.

I dont know how many people watch US Football, but is Pierre McGuire the canada version of Gus Johnson? The guy would have a stroke over old ladies knitting.

I dont know how many people watch US Football, but is Pierre McGuire the canada version of Gus Johnson? The guy would have a stroke over old ladies knitting.
he's a regular dirk diggler
Any reason this Despres kid slipped from TSN's ranking of #18?
Heard it was a piss poor shot, and can be a slow skater, easily turned around with no recovery speed. I guess scouts are worried about his offensive game, but he's a big-ish body, can block shots, has good hands, not afraid of the puck, good composure, and a great passer.

Hope Santa brought each of you what you wanted for draft day!! Kinda slow draft....dissapointed at lack of big deals, nice to see the Pronger move. They gave up a TON to get him, but I think it fits in so well with their team, thats it a great deal for both teams.Lets give Anaheim a ton of credit. They won the Cup, had an off year, noticed they were aging, and then they used the last few months of this year to rebuild, without ever taking a big step back. They recognized the youth they had, and now have made sure that all of their older/smarter players have been moved with the idea that they are being done so while they still have value, and getting very good return on all of them.In the last 6 months, they have acquired:Lupul, Sbisa, Nokelainen, Kontiola, Wizniewski, Ry Whitney, Christensen...and some very nice picks.Might not be the best names, but once added to the core they have, looks amazing.And the only players of value they gave up were Pronger+Kunitz. I loved seeing the teams jockey for position, moving up and down. Id pay lots of money to catch some of the behind the scenes work/dialogue.On that same topic, Id pay lots of money to have Burke miked the whole time and me listening in. That was amazing. The scene with Bob Gainey? Awesome.The 3 lines spoken with Murray of Ottawa? Golden.And my favourite part of the draft, which I caught while watching and had to rewind my pVR to show my friends....Duchene doing the fist pump when Tampa picked Hedman!!!! I have never seen a kid that happy to be passed up!!! lol. Going to your favourite team with your favourite player? sick.I love NHL draft day. But now, Im really looking forward to Wednesday afternoon. Got the day off, and I can just sit back and watch the mayhem unfold.