2009 Offseason Thread

Why in the World would the Bulls be an attractive place for D Wade as a free agent ?
He is from Chicago and he would never have to be the primary ball-handler again.For those reasons alone, it is very attractive.The from Chicago part is the strongest factor.
  • Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Raptors have signed Jarrett Jack to a 4 year $20 million offer sheet and the Pacers can't afford to match.I think the Raptors have had one of the best off seasons signing Turk and with the creative trade allowing them to keep their mid level exemption to make the offer to Jack and also not having to renounce Delfino so they can most likely bring him back as well.

Raptors have signed Jarrett Jack to a 4 year $20 million offer sheet and the Pacers can't afford to match.I think the Raptors have had one of the best off seasons signing Turk and with the creative trade allowing them to keep their mid level exemption to make the offer to Jack and also not having to renounce Delfino so they can most likely bring him back as well.
**** the raptors, jack was a stud no one noticed last year
**** the raptors, jack was a stud no one noticed last year
If by "stud" you mean an average point guard playing for a below average team then I agree with you. I think that Jack had a good year for the Pacers but saying that he is a "stud" is a far stretch no matter what definition you use for the word "stud"
If by "stud" you mean an average point guard playing for a below average team then I agree with you. I think that Jack had a good year for the Pacers but saying that he is a "stud" is a far stretch no matter what definition you use for the word "stud"
jack played great for the pacers last year, and i hope they grow a set and match that off and just take the luxery tax hit
jack played great for the pacers last year, and i hope they grow a set and match that off and just take the luxery tax hit
indiana is not interested in non-white players.

I said that I thought Jack had a good year for the Pacers. His numbers certainly don't warrant the greatness that you think he achieved last year. 13 points and 4 assist a game is far from great for a starting NBA point guard averaging 33 minutes a game.

I've been watching a decent amount of summer league games on NBA TV and have been witness to the glorious return of Nikoloz Tskitishvili.

So what's the order of popularity of the following in the US?D-LeagueSummer LeagueWNBA
WNBAD-LeagueSummer LeagueThe Summer League for the most part is a joke. You can't tell by the results if a player will be any good but you can see that some players are pretty bad. It basically just gives coaching staffs a chance to work with their young players earlier than training camp.
WNBAD-LeagueSummer LeagueThe Summer League for the most part is a joke. You can't tell by the results if a player will be any good but you can see that some players are pretty bad. It basically just gives coaching staffs a chance to work with their young players earlier than training camp.
the summer league really is a joke, that is why i am so hesitant to crack a smile that Roy Hibbert was named Orlando Summer league MVP.
Biggest move of the offseason
Heat trying to land Boozer and Lamar Odom. I am not sure how I feel about this strategy. They are going to end up having to play small ball or something. Eh.

the heat are offering the laker amount of money as the lakers. The only reason the money is the same is due to floridas state tax. This is starting to get interesting and as a laker fan im getting scurred

the heat are offering the laker amount of money as the lakers. The only reason the money is the same is due to floridas state tax. This is starting to get interesting and as a laker fan im getting scurred
Because it would really kill your forum handle?

andre miller signs with the blazers, should be interesting to see how good they become this season. also greg oden as looked "spry" at the olympic camp according to some article somewhere

• 2 weeks later...
NBA schedule newsIn a replay of sorts of last year's opener, the Cleveland Cavaliers and Boston Celtics will launch the 2009-10 NBA season -- only this time LeBron James has some welcome firepower in new teammate Shaquille O'Neal.The 2009-10 NBA schedule is out, and Chris Sheridan highlights the must-see games that await. StoryThe league on Tuesday released its schedule, which begins with Shaq's Cleveland debut on the Cavs' home floor on Oct. 27. On the back end of that TNT Tuesday doubleheader, Kobe Bryant and the rest of the Los Angeles Lakers will receive their championship rings prior to facing the Clippers.
NBA schedule newsIn a replay of sorts of last year's opener, the Cleveland Cavaliers and Boston Celtics will launch the 2009-10 NBA season -- only this time LeBron James has some welcome firepower in new teammate Shaquille O'Neal.The 2009-10 NBA schedule is out, and Chris Sheridan highlights the must-see games that await. StoryThe league on Tuesday released its schedule, which begins with Shaq's Cleveland debut on the Cavs' home floor on Oct. 27. On the back end of that TNT Tuesday doubleheader, Kobe Bryant and the rest of the Los Angeles Lakers will receive their championship rings prior to facing the Clippers.
There's some excitement for the Clips but I wished they had a better matchup. The Lakeshow is still gonna wipe the Clips arse