2009 Offseason Thread

Also looks like ben gordon to the pistons, 5 years 50 million... i see the pistons getting villanueva as well
I wouldn't want Gordon on my team for that kind of money. A guy who can't guard his postion, never passes and is a selfish scorer. No thanks.
  • Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't want Gordon on my team for that kind of money. A guy who can't guard his postion, never passes and is a selfish scorer. No thanks.
lol, he declined more money last off season from the bulls. fhl
Also looks like ben gordon to the pistons, 5 years 50 million... i see the pistons getting villanueva as well
that deals already done isn't it? just a matter of waiting til the 8th to make it official.I don't see how getting Gordon doesn't cause the same problem as Iverson did. Who sits on the bench? RIP??Pistons Line-up:5 Rasheed4 CharlieV/McDyess 3 Prince2 Gordon/RIP1 Stuckey
that deals already done isn't it? just a matter of waiting til the 8th to make it official.I don't see how getting Gordon doesn't cause the same problem as Iverson did. Who sits on the bench? RIP??Pistons Line-up:5 Rasheed4 CharlieV/McDyess 3 Prince2 Gordon/RIP1 Stuckey
i expect your 4 and 5 spots to be wrongedit: i hadnt seen that villanueva agreed to terms with the pistons
why? this confuses me. if i were a bulls fan i'd be a bit upset.
I'm bummed he's gone, but I'm glad we didn't try to sign him for anything more than what he got.
I'm bummed he's gone, but I'm glad we didn't try to sign him for anything more than what he got.
he said today on espn that chicago never even offered him a contract, that really surprised me
he said today on espn that chicago never even offered him a contract, that really surprised me
No team that has Ben Gordon as a significant part of it can ever contend for a title.Him coming off the bench in a Vinnie Johnson role and playing limited minutes on a good team for instant offense with the second unit would be possible.Don't really want to pay $10 million for a guy who is only a bit better than Eddie House.
Looking like Artest to the Lakers and Ariza most likely going to the Rockets.Rockets have no big men at all.
weee, i love ariza, but artest is better for right now
wow Artest is only 29 who knew?
Talk about disgusting moves in recent hours. So now we have the following potential juggernauts in east and west. Aaron brooks is gonna make fantasy owners go gaga...Houston is falling apart FAST.LAKERS Bynum/OdomGasol ArtestKobeFisherSPURSDuncanSome dude for reboundsJeffersonGinobilliParkerCELTICS GarnettRasheed Wallace (it's gonna happen)PierceAllenRondoMAGICSupermanLewisPietrusCarterNelsonCAVSShaqVarejao/Smith/most likely another free agentLebronWestMo Williams
Talk about disgusting moves in recent hours. So now we have the following potential juggernauts in east and west. Aaron brooks is gonna make fantasy owners go gaga...Houston is falling apart FAST.LAKERS Bynum/OdomGasol ArtestKobeFisherSPURSDuncanSome dude for reboundsJeffersonGinobilliParkerCELTICS GarnettRasheed Wallace (it's gonna happen)PierceAllenRondoMAGICSupermanLewisPietrusCarterNelsonCAVSShaqVarejao/Smith/most likely another free agentLebronWestMo Williams
would not surprise me at all if Rasheed went to Spurs instead of Celtics. But, yeah, Artest to the Lakers? Yikes.
why? this confuses me. if i were a bulls fan i'd be a bit upset.
He's Larry Hughes Jr.If he touches the ball, you might as well just get back on defense for the next possession.
turk probably backing out and going to raptors. who knows
http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=A...o&type=lgns
Source: Turkoglu changes mind on BlazersBy Adrian Wojnarowski, Yahoo! Sports 2 hours, 41 minutes ago Free agent Hedo Turkoglu(notes) has backed out of his commitment to the Portland Trail Blazers and plans to sign with the Toronto Raptors, a source close to the talks told Yahoo! Sports on Friday night.Turkoglu had agreed on a five-year, $50 million deal with the Blazers, but changed his mind and could be headed for a five-year, $56 million deal with the Raptors. Toronto would have to renounce three free agents – Shawn Marion(notes), Carlos Delfino(notes) and Anthony Parker(notes) – to create the cap space for Turkoglu.Apparently, the Blazers are already busy exploring other free-agent options for the $9 million in salary-cap space.A source says Turkoglu’s wife wanted badly to live in Toronto, a far more European-style city, and that’s where it appears the Turkish native is headed. The Raptors have embraced the Euro game under GM Bryan Colangelo, building a roster that includes Euro talents Jose Calderon(notes) and Andrea Bargnani(notes).Five years ago, Turkoglu was close to signing with the Phoenix Suns that Colangelo was running, but changed his mind and went to the Orlando Magic.After opting out of his contract last week in Orlando, he became one of the hottest free agents on the market. Turkoglu, 30, averaged 16.8 points and 5.3 rebounds last season for the Magic.
Artest in LA just isn't fair. Like they needed any help.
well, I think the Cavs or Celtics with KG would've given the Lakers more problems in the finals
i have a friend who is a lakers fan and is pretty upset he loves ariza
I think it is questionable how much of an upgrade Artest is over Ariza. Not on talent obviously....but will Ron behave/accept being a role player/etc.One good point made by someone on TV was that now Kobe will NEVER have to guard the other team's best perimeter player. Thats a big plus for LA.If San Antonio or Boston get Rasheed Wallace, they will be just as loaded as the Lakers.