Line Check With Aq...played It Kind Of Funky

game is 2/5 at MGM in downtown detroit (awesome city). Villian 1 is a pretty TAG player, played with him a few times; not much of a thinker though. Only plays his own cards. Prob a slight loser over the long run. Villian two i have never played against but so far this session (maybe 2-3 hours) has exhibited tendencies of a tight passive player. Stacks: Villian one: ~800, villian two ~400, hero covers.folds to Villian 1 who opens in like 3rd or 4th position for $30, which is slightly above avg raise with no limpers. Id say 25 was avg with no prior action. Villian two, directly on his left calls calls. I have AQ off in BB and elect to call (maybe i should fold here to be honest).Flop is ak5 with 2 diamonds (hero has no diamonds). I check and it gets checked through. Turn is 7 off suit. I decide to check, partly because villian one could have been slowplaying AA/KK/AK and my hand's only real value here is as a bluff stopper, as i doubt either player has something like AJ/A10. Maybe AJ, but doubtful. To my surprise, both villians check. River is 10 off suit. I decide to try to get a call from KQ/AJ/QQ/etc and bet 60$. Villian 1 makes it 160, villain two folds. Whats my play?

Well, in my opinion as you have seriously under-repped your cards Villain could be trying a move. However from your reads, i doubt he would be doing this.He prob either has K-10/JQ as i imagine he would have fired on the flop or the turn with A-x. Tbh i dont know why you played it this way. Why didnt you fire the turn. Ok, i get what your saying, but your giving a free card to 2 players with a relatively strong hand. why did u put them on AA/KK, why not AJ. Even K-picture probably would have called a turn bet.In my mind,simple fold, though you could have prob picked it up on the turn with a bet.Just my thoughts. Against a good player this would have been nice, but a solid player "playing only his cards"? Your just asking to get oudrawn tbh.

I'm probably c/f river unless I'm faced with a sick underbet to call or someone gives off a bad tell when the bet. Given your reads, I wouldn't mind a flop donk bet, but checking seems fine too.

thanks for all the quick responses.I folded. He mucked unfortunately. He said he was waiting for someone to bet. Could mean alot of things, obv AA or KK or just a bluff. To the first poster, the dude does not have k10 or jq here, he doesn't raise 30$ preflop with those. His value range is AA/KK/AK/1010 and that's it. He could def. be bluffing here since he could think that i have shown weakness and obv villain two has nothing. But at the same time, if he thought that, he would just call most hands since almost his entire PF raising range has hit this board. It was either he was bluffing and I win, or he was valuetowning me and i lose. I dont hate the way i played the hand but in hindsight, a 50$ bet on turn was probably optimal. but if the river is an even safer card like an offsuit 4, then what is my line? I think Bet/fold, but check/call and even check/fold would have to be considered.

I'm probably c/f river unless I'm faced with a sick underbet to call or someone gives off a bad tell when the bet. Given your reads, I wouldn't mind a flop donk bet, but checking seems fine too.
really? seems pretty weak to me considering there has been no betting the entire hand. If that's your line I would suggest folding preflop.
really? seems pretty weak to me considering there has been no betting the entire hand. If that's your line I would suggest folding preflop.
Preflop decision was made for us before we were asked the river question.

Preflop:Fold > Raise >>> CallFlop:OKTurn:I would bet here, but I see your point about the bluff catcher. In that case we'll check the river and . . .River:WTF?You can't catch bluffs with bet/fold.You need to imagine some way that you can make money in the hand before you call preflop.Summary:**** AQo.

Preflop:Fold > Raise >>> CallFlop:OKTurn:I would bet here, but I see your point about the bluff catcher. In that case we'll check the river and . . .River:WTF?You can't catch bluffs with bet/fold.You need to imagine some way that you can make money in the hand before you call preflop.Summary:**** AQo.
preflop: really? Why raise here? It turns our hand into a bluff. I understand fold>call, but what is your argument for raising? He wont call with a lesser hand.River: just a small value bet against QQ, KQ, JJ, A9, AJ (villian 2's range), etc.
preflop: really? Why raise here? It turns our hand into a bluff. I understand fold>call, but what is your argument for raising? He wont call with a lesser hand.
It's a semi-bluff. Sometimes he folds a better hand and if he doesn't, maybe you outdraw him by making a bigger pair.