PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (5 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comBB ($4.30)Hero (UTG) ($11.15)MP ($12.45)Button ($14.70)SB ($19.80)Preflop: Hero is UTG with A :5c, A :qhHero bets $0.30, 2 folds, SB calls $0.25, 1 foldFlop: ($0.70) 10 :club:, 6 :ts, 2 :D(2 players)SB checks, Hero checksTurn: ($0.70) 7 :3h(2 players)SB bets $0.50, Hero raises to $1.10, SB raises to $2.90, Hero calls $1.80River: ($6.50) K :4h(2 players)SB bets $16.60 (All-In), Hero?

Ugh. You butchered every st, except pf, but I woulda 4x'ed but w/e.Why are you checkibng back the flop?Why are you raising the turn? If you are raising the turn, why are you just flatcalling that 3bet?River is a rather easy fold, but you should have gotten the money in already.

there's an old saying: "slowplay Aces, go to hell"bet the flop. you now let him think all kinds of things are good and have no idea where you are.

looking again, i really dont get your thinking.first you try and trap on the flop, then you get the bet you wanted and make a tiny weak looking raise, then shut down when he reraises.you got the action you wanted by slowplaying, then get scared after you get the action.

After you mis click the flop, I would raise the turn to about $2. Once he 3-bets I lose interest. Calling a small 3-bet is probably ok, but I'm definitely folding to a river shove........ that was a mis click on the flop right??

1. My standard raise 6 handed is 3x the BB, +1BB for every limper. 2. I checked the flop, because I had been c-betting a large percentage at this table, at all tables really. Not really trying to trap, just trying to mix up my game.3. Turn raise should've been much bigger.4. I did fold the river.Thanks for the advice.

So if you've been cbetting a lot, people should believe you less. So when you have a hand they should be more likely to call or raise.Mixing up your game to mix it up doesn't make any sense, especially at these limits. Try and make the play that will make you the most money. The flop check is pretty bad, but the turn raise and flat is worse. If you are raising the turn, actually put in a raise to a real amount, and then be willing to stack off. Your turn raise is for value, not a bluff, so if it's for value you should be getting it in. Also your raise is all small on the turn, it looks like it's an inducing raise, inducing your opponent to raise again, when he raises again flat calling just shows clearly that there was no plan in the hand.

1. My standard raise 6 handed is 3x the BB, +1BB for every limper. 2. I checked the flop, because I had been c-betting a large percentage at this table, at all tables really. Not really trying to trap, just trying to mix up my game.3. Turn raise should've been much bigger.4. I did fold the river.Thanks for the advice.
Is someone willing to discuss here the difference between "mixing up" your game vs. skillfully balancing a range? AA has declining value as a board matures -- I never check flops with AA. And never checking a flop with AA makes my c-bets more credible.Since I miss more hands than I make, I like cbet credibility.It also "front-loads" the value of the hand and gets the value from where it should -- early on the board.

There are flops where I'll occasionally check back AA. (ie. 226 rainbow)this is not one of those flops. so basically, what everyone else said. I might just fold the turn to his 3-bet, def. folding river.

Why would you ever check AA back on a flop? This is $10nl. People play at $10nl because they have big flaws in their game and like to call much. If people like to call too much, you need to value bet all the time. Overpairs should always be betting, top pair should almost always be betting. Take advantage of the avg villain. I can't imagine a game where checking back AA for deception is profitable, the game would have to be soooooooo tough, like maybe a strong table of 3-6nl regs. The point of "mixing it up" is throwing your very aware opponents off to create bigger EV in different similar situations. these dudes are idiots. Just bet your hands for value, over and over and over again.

2. I checked the flop, because I had been c-betting a large percentage at this table, at all tables really.
This fact will sometimes cause me to not c-bet with gutshot draws or underpairs. If I have raised pf and c-bet 3-4 times in the last 2 orbits, I love picking up aces because you can sometimes get 2 streets of value from someones rubbish.
I can't imagine a game where checking back AA for deception is profitable
1/2NL $300 stacks. A nitty, but thinking player raises from mid position to 12, 1 caller, I make it 55 on the button with AA. The smart player calls, other guy folds. I've been card dead and have a tight image. At this point his range is pretty limited. He most likely has TT-QQ and is worried about AA or KK in my hand, rightly so.Flop 833 Rainbow. He checks. If I make a standard bet here, He is most likely folding his hand. He is worried about AA or KK and he is nitty, he doesn't like getting it all in in questionable situations. I check behind.Turn 9. I've now planted enough of a seed of doubt in his head that he most likely stacks off.there, I just imagined a situation, and its not entirely implausible.

LOL at cutting my sentence short to make a scenario good. You're good at taking quotes out of context. But I guess I'll humor you, our nitty thinking player called off 30% of his stack pf with TT-QQ and then isn't going to stack off on an all under board? That's not plausible. There's no way he won't call a bet of $75 on the flop and then get it all in by the river. Also thanks for taking a 5 handed $10nl game and making it a 9-10 handed game.If we were that tight his decision would be preflop, not on the flop in your situation. Maybe we should just flat there for deception! My whole point is that deception doesn't mean shit at the lower limits. Learn to play solid and profit. It's harder to just play well all the time and learn all the intricacies of the game than it is to make up excuses to do extravagant stuff.

loltskillz is so right. In almost every online poker game, you don't have to modify the standard line at all. You 'mix it up' when you know you're against an intelligent hand-reader. Typically you've already established history. You know that he cannot put you on a flush because you checked behind OTF as a PFR with the NFD (hello acronyms). He'll think, "this guy's aggressive and would bet a FD, so his range is polarized; I call." 99.6% of your opponents don't hand-read well, and even if they do they don't do it well / predictable enough for you to manipulate it. You need to know, further, that he knows how YOU play.as far as this hand goes, we can see why 'mixing it up' screwed the OP over. He had been c/betting a lot. Even big donks realize when someone's been very aggressive and getting out of line. So here, we can imagine getting check-raised out of our seat by almost anything, draws, worse pairs, overcards, and, yes, better hands...so with aces, we...check behind. BET!There's a time to check back AA here...think of trying to setup your range as a bluff. You check. Your opponent bets on the turn w/like 55 and you raise him. Well, you're representing absolutely nothing. If you had a reasonable draw, or an overpair on this drawy board, you'd c/bet. So you can get him to call you down lightly by looking like a frisky/whiffed AK. But you basically never ever need to worry about doing this; instead, just bet your hands for value.

I would have kept on calling. You knew he was chasing a flush and he got one. Nothing you can do about that.
If you know he's chasing a flush, you raise enough so that he doesn't have the right odds to do so.If you know he's chasing a flush, you fold to an overbet of that size when he hits.