Okay, so I can't decide who to keep on my roster for next year on my fantasy team. I've got 5 of 8 and pretty sure these are the guys I want for sure. I'm thinking Redd is probably a keeper but I got some good young bigs. Kaman would be a sure thing if I wasn't so worried about injury which is a problem with a few of them. HELP FCP!!1.Brandon Roy 2.David West3.Andrea Bargnani4.LeBron James5.Deron Williams6.7.8.Choose 3 out of the following list:Richard HamiltonPeja StojakovicKelenna AzubuikeAl HarringtonBrook LopezAndre IguodalaChris KamanMichael ReddManu GinobiliAndrew Bogut

Okay, so I can't decide who to keep on my roster for next year on my fantasy team. I've got 5 of 8 and pretty sure these are the guys I want for sure. I'm thinking Redd is probably a keeper but I got some good young bigs. Kaman would be a sure thing if I wasn't so worried about injury which is a problem with a few of them. HELP FCP!!1.Brandon Roy 2.David West3.Andrea Bargnani4.LeBron James5.Deron Williams6.7.8.Choose 3 out of the following list:Richard HamiltonPeja StojakovicKelenna AzubuikeAl HarringtonBrook LopezAndre IguodalaChris KamanMichael ReddManu GinobiliAndrew Bogut
lopez and iguodala are no-brainers.I would take Rip, harrington, redd, and Manu. put their names in a hat and choose one.
lopez and iguodala are no-brainers.I would take Rip, harrington, redd, and Manu. put their names in a hat and choose one.
With the injury problems you probably wanna remove Manu from that hat.
Choose 3 out of the following list:Richard HamiltonPeja StojakovicKelenna AzubuikeAl HarringtonBrook LopezAndre IguodalaChris KamanMichael ReddManu GinobiliAndrew Bogut
Would be helpful if we knew how much FG% FT%, assists, boards, etc were worth in your league.Take Harrington for SURE if he stays in w/ D'Antoni.. That's an absolute no brainer.Peja, Manu, and Kaman are huge injury question marksBogut and Lopez are White. That's a big no-no when going with a tie-breaker.AI is another sure thing.. No one else is going to shoot 20 times a night in that offense.I'd go with Azubuike if the other categories are weighted decently, or I'd go with Rip Hamilton as the 3rd. Either way is probably fine.
Would be helpful if we knew how much FG% FT%, assists, boards, etc were worth in your league.Take Harrington for SURE if he stays in w/ D'Antoni.. That's an absolute no brainer.Peja, Manu, and Kaman are huge injury question marksBogut and Lopez are White. That's a big no-no when going with a tie-breaker.AI is another sure thing.. No one else is going to shoot 20 times a night in that offense.I'd go with Azubuike if the other categories are weighted decently, or I'd go with Rip Hamilton as the 3rd. Either way is probably fine.
all 9 categories are equal value: FG%, FT%, 3PTM, points, rebounds, assists, steals, blocks, turnovershead-to-head format. keeper league (so age, injury do matter)Harrington was a steal for me during the season and YES, D'antoni system made him a fantasy stud.I like Bogut and Lopez because they're young and get tonnes of minutes for their teams. They'll get the touches for sure and the blocks (tough category). Lopez I like in particular because of potential and FT% too.I'm iffy with Iguodala because once Brand is back in the line-up he'll get less shots and looked pretty lost until EB got injured.Tonnes of good players on my list. Ya Azubuike looked great in the last 2 weeks and on the Warriors-style offense he could be a fantasy stud.I'm thinking the Pistons are gonna pick up someone significant this summer and RIP's role is going to diminish. more downside than upside.I can't believe no love for Redd. He was part of my core when he was healthy...monster on pts, 3ptm and FT%. plus he actually can make assists and steals. Is he too old? too injury prone???
all 9 categories are equal value: FG%, FT%, 3PTM, points, rebounds, assists, steals, blocks, turnovershead-to-head format. keeper league (so age, injury do matter)Harrington was a steal for me during the season and YES, D'antoni system made him a fantasy stud.I like Bogut and Lopez because they're young and get tonnes of minutes for their teams. They'll get the touches for sure and the blocks (tough category). Lopez I like in particular because of potential and FT% too.I'm iffy with Iguodala because once Brand is back in the line-up he'll get less shots and looked pretty lost until EB got injured.Tonnes of good players on my list. Ya Azubuike looked great in the last 2 weeks and on the Warriors-style offense he could be a fantasy stud.I'm thinking the Pistons are gonna pick up someone significant this summer and RIP's role is going to diminish. more downside than upside.I can't believe no love for Redd. He was part of my core when he was healthy...monster on pts, 3ptm and FT%. plus he actually can make assists and steals. Is he too old? too injury prone???
Yes and Yes, to answer the Redd question. He's entering Penny Hardaway territory with his time missed the last 3 years.. not good...I do think Lopez is going to get some D'Antoni style love in that offense and put up some nice fantasy numbers.. But they will be looking to upgrade his spot for sure, which is scary for a keeper league.And ya, Az is valuable 1% for his ability and 99% for being a Warrior. I also agree that the Pistons will be looking to shake things up, but I think Rip is the one player they aren't trying to drive out of town (i.e. he's the one position they least need to improve upon). He does have that Rashard Lewis-itis in that his state lines are usually 20-1-1-1-0-1-1-1, which makes him ridiculously one dimensional.. Of course, he also shoots a really high % for a 2 guard and will hit about 35% of his 3s in a small enough clip it won't help or hurt you.. sothere is that...I dont trust Bogut. That's just my personal opinion. No real stats to back it up besides being a Midwest-guy with high expectations who beat up a down conference in college. I hope he proves me wrong, but I'd be hard pressed to draft him before round 10 of a 12-player league.
Is that how they spell 'tons' in Canada?
Yes and Yes, to answer the Redd question. He's entering Penny Hardaway territory with his time missed the last 3 years.. not good...Thanks for your input Cappy...much appreciated :)I do think Lopez is going to get some D'Antoni style love in that offense and put up some nice fantasy numbers.. But they will be looking to upgrade his spot for sure, which is scary for a keeper league.And ya, Az is valuable 1% for his ability and 99% for being a Warrior. I also agree that the Pistons will be looking to shake things up, but I think Rip is the one player they aren't trying to drive out of town (i.e. he's the one position they least need to improve upon). He does have that Rashard Lewis-itis in that his state lines are usually 20-1-1-1-0-1-1-1, which makes him ridiculously one dimensional.. Of course, he also shoots a really high % for a 2 guard and will hit about 35% of his 3s in a small enough clip it won't help or hurt you.. sothere is that...I dont trust Bogut. That's just my personal opinion. No real stats to back it up besides being a Midwest-guy with high expectations who beat up a down conference in college. I hope he proves me wrong, but I'd be hard pressed to draft him before round 10 of a 12-player league.
problem with Rip is that the Pistons offense doesn't really score a lot of points. he came through for me down the stretch but sharing the touches with another quality player (that's sure to come) will hurt the pts category which is where I benefit most from him. I'm not sure you put Redd in the same category as Penny...he played 72 games last year and 29 isn't exactly retirement yet.So I've been rethinking my approach to this whole keeper thing and decided to start by looking at the fantasy rankings from this year. My top 8 by ranking alone would be as follows:1. Lebron11. Roy13. Deron Williams27. Iguodala29. West43. Harrington49. Okafor52. CharlieVThen I compared that to the players I originally listed as 5 keepers:1.Brandon Roy2.David West3.Andrea Bargnani4.LeBron James5.Deron WilliamsNow that means I need to take one player away for Bargnani who I think is going to have his career year next year. He's a young center in an uptempo offense that makes Pts, 3PTM, FT% and blocks. Plus I think he'll challenge for mosts assists from the 5-position. Only downside is really his lack of rebounding but I'll deal with it for now. So let's say I take out CharlieV for that Bargnani which seems sensible.So I've brought my shortlist of final three to:ReddHarringtonAzubuikeIguadalaLopezI don't think I realized that Iguodala was such a fantasy stud. Doesn't get me the points I'd like from my score-lots-score-often approach to building my team but he's still young, doesn't miss games and fills pretty much every category. Think I have to keep him. Okafor was my rebound man (5th in NBA) but his other numbers just crumbled after the trade with Phoenix. His Pts are bad, he's god-awful from the FT% and doesn't match up well against true centres. Plus if he ever plays PF again his value diminishes quickly. I think this is the perfect opportunity to add Lopez. Big rookies usually take time to develop but this guy should be solid for double-double average and good for FG%, FT% and tough block category. Decided to just forget Azubuike. I'm a believer of forming my team with 80% reliable and proven players barring massive upswing (like Bargnani). Lopez is already my biggest gamble I'm willing to make for really young players.That leaves me with Redd or Harrington. I love anyone on NY but the landscape of the Knicks is going to change and that worries me. Too many question marks on minutes and touches. But more than anything else I have the simple rule that you can't pass up on the undeniable no. 1 of a team and that's Michael Redd for the Bucks. If Team USA likes him so do I. So my unofficial team heading into draft day will be as follows:PG-Deron WilliamsSG-Brandon RoySF-Lebron JamesPF-David WestC-Andrea BargnaniG-Michael ReddF-Andre IguodalaC-Brook LopezFT% was the one category I pretty much gave up on this year but I think this line-up will strengthen that category without giving up much. I've accepted I'll never beThou better than C- in the TO category.Thoughts?
With the injury problems you probably wanna remove Manu from that hat.
as much as I love winning I'd like more of the core bball forum guys in the keeper league. Jadaki pleeeeease join next year!! there are 2 teams available...both with easy 8 keepers to build on.
Is that how they spell 'tons' in Canada?
common usage it's either. both tonne and ton are the same thing. tonne or metric ton is 1000 kG or about 2200 LBS.in the US a 'ton' is meant to be 2000 LBS. Canada 'tonne' means the same thing but it's interchangeable like color or colour. but in the UK to distinguish the difference it's either short tonne (2000 LBS) or long tonne (2240 LBS)hmm...don't think you were really looking for a full answer but oh well, it's done. meh
So my unofficial team heading into draft day will be as follows:PG-Deron WilliamsSG-Brandon RoySF-Lebron JamesPF-David WestC-Andrea BargnaniG-Michael ReddF-Andre IguodalaC-Brook LopezFT% was the one category I pretty much gave up on this year but I think this line-up will strengthen that category without giving up much. I've accepted I'll never beThou better than C- in the TO category.Thoughts?
That's a pretty sick lineup.. As for FT shooting, just make sure you nab a couple guards... Point Guards can really help the FT%... As can grabbing bigs who don't shoot a ton of them.. Nothing worse than having a bug chunk of your throws coming from poor shooting bigs... That makes Bargnani a really smart pick.Also, pick Oden for your 12th pick. Just for fun. GAMBOOOOOLL. :club:
That's a pretty sick lineup.. As for FT shooting, just make sure you nab a couple guards... Point Guards can really help the FT%... As can grabbing bigs who don't shoot a ton of them.. Nothing worse than having a bug chunk of your throws coming from poor shooting bigs... That makes Bargnani a really smart pick.Also, pick Oden for your 12th pick. Just for fun. GAMBOOOOOLL. :ts
agreed, altho if someone wants to dump Dwight please contact me asap :club: