$4.40/180 Bad Play With Suited Connector (i Think)

I probably played this wrong on multiple streets, your thoughts? I was planning on check raising the flop fwiw.PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $4.00+$0.40 Tournament, 25/50 Blinds (9 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comBB (t1230)Hero (UTG) (t1385)UTG+1 (t3215)MP1 (t4010)MP2 (t975)MP3 (t3580)CO (t1565)Button (t1195)SB (t355)Hero's M: 18.47Preflop: Hero is UTG with 7spade.gif, 8spade.gifHero calls t50, UTG+1 calls t50, 2 folds, MP3 bets t100, 3 folds, BB calls t50, Hero calls t50, UTG+1 calls t50Flop: (t425) Kdiamond.gif, 8club.gif, 8heart.gif(4 players)BB checks, Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, MP3 checksTurn: (t425) Kspade.gif(4 players)BB checks, Hero checks, UTG+1 bets t100, 2 folds, Hero calls t100River: (t625) Jheart.gif(2 players)Hero checks, UTG+1 bets t200, Hero calls t200Total pot: t1025

Why are you check calling all the way? You flopped trips in a multiway pot. Why aren't you showing any aggression? If you're going to sneak in OOP with 87s, this is one of the flops you want to see.If we're facing a K, we will have a much better idea if so by the turn if we bet the flop.

I fold preflop, you have 1300 chips at the 25/50 level and you're limping UTG here and then calling a raise?Then again, sometimes in these things the tables are goofy enough that it's not thattt badOther than that, I think I like it.Check-raise on flop didn't work, scary turn, got to showdown ~ cheap.

think i agree that you have to lead out of that flop, with your stack size i'd be more than happy to take down the hand there, and you crush almost every holding that can call.on another note, I'm a big fan of raising preflop with this type of hand in a $4.40. usually 1/you will get monsters pushing over top of you leaving an easy decision 2/connecting with a flop that nobody believes you hit 3/whiffing and c-bet or check/fold depending on reads. i could be wrong in my thinking here, and am willing to listen to other views.

think i agree that you have to lead out of that flop, with your stack size i'd be more than happy to take down the hand there, and you crush almost every holding that can call.on another note, I'm a big fan of raising preflop with this type of hand in a $4.40. usually 1/you will get monsters pushing over top of you leaving an easy decision 2/connecting with a flop that nobody believes you hit 3/whiffing and c-bet or check/fold depending on reads. i could be wrong in my thinking here, and am willing to listen to other views.
I think you are right here in some cases... but I don't do it here in early position, with a 1385 stack and blinds at 25/50. If we had like 1700ish and in LP i would agree with you.

in defense of the OP I feel like it's going to be hard to get action from anything but a King here, and I don't see how a King checks this flop. It just sucks that UTG+1 had the same idea as us and checked his King to checkraise

The 4.40's are a set check-a-thon. You need to bet the flop when you hit a paired board like that to get some action from the guy with the K. The turn card sucks for you which would warrant a c/f if you really think the person is sitting on a K but as played.. BET THE FLOP. Even half the pot or slightly below half.. a lot of people will float that flop with Ace high or worse in 4.40 donkaments.

The worst play of this hand is playing it in the first place! You have just a little over 20 bbs and your limping UTG?!?!?!?!?! You should be at least 35 bbs deep to even think about playing this hand in EP, but it is a horrendous play limping here. Your not going to hit that often, your going to get raised a decent amount of the time PF and your most likely going to play this hand OOP. Then to make this hand horrible, you check the flop when you hit trips?! BET BET BET in a 4.40. Your going to get called by Kx here, almost any PP here and probably raised tbh. I don't mean to sound harsh, but you wouldn't have ran into trouble here if you just folded and waited for a better spot

The 4.40's are a set check-a-thon. You need to bet the flop when you hit a paired board like that to get some action from the guy with the K. The turn card sucks for you which would warrant a c/f if you really think the person is sitting on a K but as played.. BET THE FLOP. Even half the pot or slightly below half.. a lot of people will float that flop with Ace high or worse in 4.40 donkaments.
And betting this flop actually helps us a lot on the turn. Yes, we'll have some Ace floaters we are ahead of that call, but generally we can assume any caller has a K. When the second K comes on the turn it's a bit easier for us to fold. But till the K comes, we should be trying to get our chips in the middle ASAP.

I would put a min raise pre flop here coz your hand is easy to laydown if you don't hit and if you hit a good flop (like this one) you might win a good sized poton the flop, I would lead, only a small bet like one half of the pot, if you win the pot, nice, if you get called, great!!, if you get raised, shove!!!when the king hits the turn, that card sucks but keep the pressure and bet about half of the pot againand the river, a value or defensive bet...depends on your readI would have played the hand that way, hope that helped you...and I hope that is correct!!