I'm just curious about these WSOP satellites on PS and other sites.I assume you have to play a few tourneys and place before ever getting to vegas (or wherever the live event is). But I'm curious as to how many.I look through the info and see that you play one tourney, and if you place you're in another tourney... and it seems like if you place in that one you're off to vegas for the big event.What else is there? How can one see the "path" to winning a seat at the live event?

click "tournament info" and there will be a link that says satellite to tournament ******** , click on that and that will take you to the one that you would play in next. and so on and so forth.BTW: main event is in Las Vegas...cant believe someone couldn't be sure of that, oh well.

I'm just curious about these WSOP satellites on PS and other sites.I assume you have to play a few tourneys and place before ever getting to vegas (or wherever the live event is). But I'm curious as to how many.I look through the info and see that you play one tourney, and if you place you're in another tourney... and it seems like if you place in that one you're off to vegas for the big event.What else is there? How can one see the "path" to winning a seat at the live event?
the live event has been moved to the new rocks and rings city.....winnipeg...umm ya sw

Poker Stars has a million different methods. They have a $650 tourney every Sunday that gives a seat to 1 out of every 17 players or so. There's plenty of satellites to that including an $80 satellite each night at 12:30 am. They have the $160 double shootouts referred to above. They also have a $33+R that awards a seat. Party Poker generally has satellites into a daily $328 tourney that offers 1 seat for every 45 players.