Bankroll Requiremnts

Im always reading posts and what not about the 100buy in rule for MTT and SnG tournies and around 35-40 full buy ins for NL ring games is sufficient. but what is the requirement for limit poker? bankroll of $1000 should be playing no higher than what limits?? i honestly have no clue .. any ideas or suggestions?

Most limit players use the 300 Big Bet rule. This means that you should be playing 1/2 until you have 300 big bets for the next level. Most players feel you need more if you are playing 6 max. A lot of players like to have 500 BB for 6 max games.

For MTT's i would say you would want 100ish buyins and, 60 ish for STT tournaments. It all depends on how much of an edge you have and what kind of stakes you are playing.

there is also the little known rule called the Kirbach rule this is you run up enough to buy in min for the next level....rinse....repeat. This is surely the way to go.

there is also the little known rule called the Kirbach rule this is you run up enough to buy in min for the next level....rinse....repeat. This is surely the way to go.
3$ started with .05 .1 NlHeCurrently at 36$ gogogoggogogo

i play a ton of LHE 6max now...i used a 300 big bet for full ring and that wasnt enough for me...i use a 500 big bet rule for .50/1 and table and seat select very carefully :club:

i play a ton of LHE 6max now...i used a 300 big bet for full ring and that wasnt enough for me...i use a 500 big bet rule for .50/1 and table and seat select very carefully :ts
yukk... i tried this for a couple weeks.. i wanted to yank my hair out.. good way to get FPPs at stars/generate rakeback at FTP cause u pay a sh** load of rake... but nah.. FRNL is for me..less swingy, less tilty :club: