Defending Sb Plus Oop Flush Draw Play

Button is 29/23/1.6 and steals 68% over 100 hands. BB is 47/7/2.6 over 20ish hands, and has folded BB to steal 2/2. Based on my position and the preflop play of the BB, I think I should have just check/called the flop, or possibly led out if I wanted to improve my chances of winning the pot without a showdown. I think I choose the worst option, even though I have a slight equity advantage on the flop. It leaves me in a tough spot where I have to fire the turn ui if I want to continue in the lead, but my equity has gone way down. These spots always leave me confused.PokerStars Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (5 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comPreflop: Hero is SB with A :ts, 4 :4h2 folds, Button raises, Hero 3-bets, BB caps, Button calls, Hero callsFlop: (12 SB) 8 :5c, 9 :3h, 4 :qh(3 players)Hero checks, BB bets, Button calls, Hero raises, BB calls, Button callsTurn: (9 BB) 5 :D(3 players)Hero checks, BB bets, 1 fold, Hero callsRiver: (11 BB) Q :club:(2 players)Hero checks, BB bets, Hero foldsTotal pot: $11 (11 BB) | Rake: $0.50

c/r flop is good. in fact, i think you have a pretty big equity edge there. you will have to fire the turn. if you get raised here, i think c/f the river u/i is fine. if not, i'd check the river and have a decision to make.

@ Danege: I think you should 3-bet preflop. A button who steals 68% of the time here means his range is enormous, and even though we're going to be OOP, A4s has more than enough of an equity edge against that range. Flop c/r is perfect, imho.I actually am completely fine with a turn c/c, and river c/f, although I don't hate a turn b/c, river c/f.The problem with betting, is BB has a decently strong hand, it might be something like AK, AQ, etc, but at the same time, he isn't folding a hand better than ours. 66 or 77 would have maybe folded on a blank, but with a gutter now, I think they might peel again. 8s and 9s are probably not folding, and this isn't even taking into consideration the 3rd player.Furthermore, our equity isn't enough to get money in here when we know our made hand isn't best, and it generally isn't when we get called, so I think I prefer just checking.I'm rusty at LHE, though.

@ Danege: I think you should 3-bet preflop. A button who steals 68% of the time here means his range is enormous, and even though we're going to be OOP, A4s has more than enough of an equity edge against that range. Flop c/r is perfect, imho.
I seem to have trouble playing hands like this OOP, especially when a hand like what has come up, comes up. Even moreso if I 3 bet it pf, because I feel like I need to take the lead and just bet this flop and turn knowing on the turn that i'm generally behind and I keep c/c the river UI, its definitely a leak in my game. But yeah, I just fold because flatting feels wrong and 3 betting is too aggressive here for me I think. Keep in mind I'm being specific to my SB play here, this hand in the BB is a whole 'nother story. :club: