Illegal Immigration Thread

"This is my land. I´m the victim here," Mr. Barnett said. "When someone´s home and loved ones are in jeopardy and the government seemingly can´t do anything about it, I feel justified in taking matters into my own hands. And I always watch my back." I agree with this, however, if he was acting in an uncivil manner towards these people then he should be punished ... but the 32 million is a little much IMO.

Oh, so much to say about this, I don't know where to start, so I'll give the short answer: if this lawsuit succeeds, it will be another severe blow to this country.And that's coming from one of the most pro-immigrant people on these boards.

Is this a joke?ACLU is plaintiffs' attorney, no doubt. Makes me sick.
The immigrants are represented at trial by the Mexican American Legal Defense and Educational Fund (MALDEF).You must have read that article real closely.
"My dog is hungry and he's hungry for buttocks."
I lmao'd at that line. I dont think the lawsuit against this guy should succeed but I do think he is a couple tacos short of a combination platter.
The immigrants are represented at trial by the Mexican American Legal Defense and Educational Fund (MALDEF).You must have read that article real closely.
sorry, s/w in my above posts.work on your grammar
however, if he was acting in an uncivil manner towards these people then he should be punished ...
Indeed. For violating the "Civility Statutes" :club: I cannot even imagine what it's like to be this man.Imagine you own a substantial tract of land (22,000 acres is ZOMG huge. It's like 35 square miles).Your land is constantly shat upon and ruined by tresspassing 3rd world migrants who destroy the things you work hard for (stock, outbuildings, massive amounts of refuse dumping). My level of frustration would be 10/10 and I'm fairly confident it would wind up in some sort of manslaughter situation. IMO, if he can afford to keep 22K acres, he can afford to install ground sensors and hire a few four man squads to respond on either horseback or ATV- armed with the appropriate kit.
IMO, if he can afford to keep 22K acres, he can afford to hire a few three man teams to patrol his land 27/7 on either horseback or ATV- armed with the appropriate kit.
True, but I think it's cheaper just to hire Kathy Griffin and have her do her act while facing south.
True, but I think it's cheaper just to hire Kathy Griffin and have her do her act while facing south.
With Carlos Mencia as the opening act.
hahah
Indeed. For violating the "Civility Statutes" :club: I cannot even imagine what it's like to be this man.Imagine you own a substantial tract of land (22,000 acres is ZOMG huge. It's like 35 square miles).Your land is constantly shat upon and ruined by tresspassing 3rd world migrants who destroy the things you work hard for (stock, outbuildings, massive amounts of refuse dumping). My level of frustration would be 10/10 and I'm fairly confident it would wind up in some sort of manslaughter situation. IMO, if he can afford to keep 22K acres, he can afford to install ground sensors and hire a few four man squads to respond on either horseback or ATV- armed with the appropriate kit.
So even if your frustration level is 10/10 that gives you the right to treat another human in a subhuman way. Sorry, but that doesn't cut it for me. I am all for "installing ground sensors and hire a few four man squads to respond on either horseback or ATV- armed with the appropriate kit." and making sure that the word is out that if you cross on this land then you will most likely be apprehended. What I don't want to hear is that once you have rounded them up that you are kicking dirt at them or calling them dispicable names while you are waiting for someone to come in and deport them. That is downright disrespectful ... even if he is fed up with it all.

My question is what civil rights did he violate? They (immigrants) aren't American citizens, and as such are not afforded the same civil rights as Americans, are they? I think they should just consider themselves lucky they didn't disappear somewhere in the 22K acres, and call it a day. Better luck the next time they try to cross.

Pretty sure killing a Mexican is a misdemeanor at worst.
I wasn't saying that he should have killed them. That is still a crime in this country, even if they aren't citizens. I was just saying that they were lucky that he didn't do it.