a decade ago? maybe you're living in 2003 or something, but fox news kinda throws a monkey wrench in the "nobody thought the media was biased in 1999 argument
The channel was created by Australian-American media mogul Rupert Murdoch, who hired Republican political strategist and former NBC executive Roger Ailes as its founding CEO. The channel was launched on October 7, 1996
It grew slowly for there. In the year 2000, media bias was a virtually unheard of phenomenon; it was just assumed the networks and CNN were doing a good job.So unless you believe Fox news grew to it's current prominence in 2 years, my statement was true. I think the 2000 election was the first one where Fox had ANY impact, and only after that when it really took off.

So I was watching Lou Dobbs the other day and they break in to the show with there dramatic "Breaking News" music and graphic. What was this very important news that they had to break into programming for? Obama's first ride on airforce 1 which he described as "spiffy". :club::ts

It grew slowly for there. In the year 2000, media bias was a virtually unheard of phenomenon; it was just assumed the networks and CNN were doing a good job.So unless you believe Fox news grew to it's current prominence in 2 years, my statement was true. I think the 2000 election was the first one where Fox had ANY impact, and only after that when it really took off.
I'd be interested to see the earliest reference to the "liberal media." I suspect it was much earlier than 2000. for as long as I can remember, everyone around me has used the term.
I'd be interested to see the earliest reference to the "liberal media." I suspect it was much earlier than 2000. for as long as I can remember, everyone around me has used the term.
The term and the idea has been around longer than a decade, but it's only caught on with the rise of Fox News. It really became established as fact during the Clinton year when a poll showed that something like 90% of national news reporters had voted for Clinton -- a rate higher than the winning candidate gets in many of the staged elections in dictatorships. But only political geeks paid any attention until Fox started catching on, at which point people could no longer close their eyes to it.