Powerball & Poker

I am sitting around waiting for the powerball drawing tonightI was thinking about all the federal tax money that generatesI found this link that states 2.85 billion netted for the govermenttax foundationdoes anyone know where I could find itemized listings of how this moneyis spent. I see the high school near my home has a very nice new performing arts center, is that my powerball dollar hard at work also, would internet gambling taxes measure up to being worth doing

I assume that Powerball revenue is treated the same as revenue from state lotteries. States choose different uses for the money. Pennsylvania goes to senior citizens programs. New Jersey's goes to education I believe. Check your state lottery page

eddie, it sounds like you took a quick look at the title then went into auto postand bullet still manages to pull off an even sillier response

How the Powerball money is spent depends upon which state you are in. The participating states get 50 cents of every dollar spent in their state on the tickets, and they each spend it in different ways. What state are you in? If there were to be an internet gambling tax, it would probably have to be a federal tax and thus would only indirectly benefit the states. Unless a state sets up a poker site that only works intra-state, which california has considered I believe.

We finally got Powerball here in Florida.Odds Winning Powerball 1:195,000,000Odds Winning WPT Championship 1:1,087
Florida stole Powerball from us, BTW. I was in the Powerball studio in December. Maybe I should put that in the "things 99% of other FCPers haven't done" thread.