• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't surprise me, but where did you get this number from??
Not the exact number but I know a couple guys who have connections in the Vegas poker scene who have told me it's around that number. He owns around 20% of FTP.
I would NEVER bet against Ivey in anything
This.There's something about Ivey which is just bulletproof. So, on that basis, I'm gonna have to say that Durrr loses.Extremely interesting match up though.
Yeah, like a super user account?
That....................or he's the best poker player on the planet bar none.You choose.
playing PA heads up on 1 table is much different than playing him on 4...but PA is the one player who I think could give Durrrrr problems. I think he prob has an edge agianst Ivey and DB, but PA came up from Multi tabling NL online..also, Durrr has an extremely low public profile, in turns of big money poker players... If he beats someone like Ivey or DB out of 4 million or osmething, it's going to give him quite a bit of exposure, that he could parley into who knows what kind of endorsement deals..
my initial reaction to hearing this when listening to tuesdays with ivey was that durr just wanted a "big" endorsement deal/attention. glad im not the only one to think that
my initial reaction to hearing this when listening to tuesdays with ivey was that durr just wanted a "big" endorsement deal/attention.
that's nothing to sneeze at.. it can add alot of value to the wager.
that's nothing to sneeze at.. it can add alot of value to the wager.
If Durrrr wanted an endorsement deal from Full Tilt he would have one by now. Sadly, endorsement deals are nowhere close to the amount of money that is going to change hands in these matches. Durrr is a young guy, talented, has an ego. And probably feels like he does have an edge. Not a bad thing imo. He might have bitten off more than he can chew, I really don't know.A lot of people that I repsect as players have told me that David Benyamine is the best plo player out there......
If Durrrr wanted an endorsement deal from Full Tilt he would have one by now. Sadly, endorsement deals are nowhere close to the amount of money that is going to change hands in these matches. Durrr is a young guy, talented, has an ego. And probably feels like he does have an edge. Not a bad thing imo. He might have bitten off more than he can chew, I really don't know.A lot of people that I repsect as players have told me that David Benyamine is the best plo player out there......
I know.. but being famous gives you alot more leverage in making those deals.. I'm sure the deal PA made with Full Tilt was better, after he'd been on TV for a couple years, than it would have been when he was just an internet pro. But yeah, that said, Durrrr obviously thinks he has an edge. The 4 tables is really the key to the bet. DB might be the best PLO player out there, but is he the best heads up PLO player out there? Is he the best multitabling PLO player out there? That's where DUrrrrrrr obviously thinks he has an edge, from his experience multitabling heads up matches against the best 'net players..
I know.. but being famous gives you alot more leverage in making those deals.. I'm sure the deal PA made with Full Tilt was better, after he'd been on TV for a couple years, than it would have been when he was just an internet pro. But yeah, that said, Durrrr obviously thinks he has an edge. The 4 tables is really the key to the bet. DB might be the best PLO player out there, but is he the best heads up PLO player out there? Is he the best multitabling PLO player out there? That's where DUrrrrrrr obviously thinks he has an edge, from his experience multitabling heads up matches against the best 'net players..
Those are great points. Especially about hu and multi-tables.Hoss TBF is considered one of, if not the best hu lhe player. But apparently his ring and short handed game are nowhere close to that.It's amazing how things change when slight variables are added in.
I remember hearing a few people who thought this also.Has Ivey definitely accepted PLO or will he choose HE?
I remember hearing a few people who thought this also.Has Ivey definitely accepted PLO or will he choose HE?
I personally have no clue. But the funny thing about these matches is that there will be more money bet on the side as opposed to what is being bet on the table.
I personally have no clue. But the funny thing about these matches is that there will be more money bet on the side as opposed to what is being bet on the table.
Actually, Barry stated in his phone conversation with Ivey earlier today that the money being "bet on the table" could go as high as 5-10 million therefore making the sidebet a formality and increasing the chances of a buy-out.This bet can go so many different ways and a lot of it has to do with relatively short term variance and egos.
Hoss TBF is considered one of, if not the best hu lhe player. But apparently his ring and short handed game are nowhere close to that.It's amazing how things change when slight variables are added in.
I think Hoss is a slightly different case. In general I feel like this is a case of where the work and study have gone, but HULHE is such a (in a manner of speaking) game theoretically solvable matter in its current state that I feel like Hoss' skillset is marginally less valuable multi-way, while the big bet games are less specifically tailored. Granted, I don't play the big bet games, so I'm talking out of my ass.