**the Official "toronto Maple Leafs Suck" Thread**

Probably talking about Dragon Fire, the only looper of that bunch. Surprised a 6 year old would be tall enough to ride it. Probably hit his nose on the restraints. It's a jerky ride, it's basically your standard Arrow Corkscrew coaster you see everywhere, except the screws are the opposite direction of (nearly?) every other model.

Http://rideaccidents.com logs every accident at any theme park, midway, etc. Not sure if that would have has enough coverage to make it, but it's pretty clear to me how rare accidents are on these things. With anything, there's risk, but (I would guess, without numbers n front if me) you'd be more likely to get hurt driving to or from the park.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You got my hopes up, jerk.

Some good news from Leaf land....Carlyle has figured out how to work the toaster.

Can Kypreos be a bigger douche? just a voice for every player in negotiations.   "Dion wants 50million+ over 7yrs, and Newport Sports has the stats to prove why he deserves it" STFU

Posted Images

I m a stats guy. But even one death scares me off these things. There was a recent death in one of these coasters. Woman fell to her death.

Sweet - Buskerfest was going on I think, which is a pretty weird scene, especially during the day. You should've asked me for lunch recommendations - I hope you went to the bacon place!

yup, Buskerfest, that's the one.

We went to.. Hart & Thistle I believe it was called? It was pretty good. Patio right on the water, which was pretty cool. I've been told by a few different people that I have to have a night out at the Lower Deck. Emily has family in NS, so I suspect we'll be back next year, and I'm going to make that a priority.

It wasnt Dragon Fire, cause thats always the first one we do, and I recall we had already done it that day.

When I first started to post, I thought it was maybe Mindbuster (Dannys post made me recall the incident), but then I googled a map of Wonderland, cause all I recalled was having done it right after Drop Tower, and knowing it was one of the older ones.

99% sure it was Wild Beast, though I dont recall anything about the ride. Done it a bunch of times in my life, cant recall how it goes.

yup, Buskerfest, that's the one.

We went to.. Hart & Thistle I believe it was called? It was pretty good. Patio right on the water, which was pretty cool. I've been told by a few different people that I have to have a night out at the Lower Deck. Emily has family in NS, so I suspect we'll be back next year, and I'm going to make that a priority.

Sweet, where's her family from? Hart & Thistle has awful food, but the best patio. Glad yours wasn't terrible, but it is really frustrating. Lower Deck is worth a night out, though if you aren't hunting cougars, it does lose some of its appeal. Tons of good bars, and they all offer pretty similar appeal of friendly people.

If you're walking along the waterfront, there's a place that serves exclusively bacon products (the shop is pink...hard to miss), and the food is better than you'd expect.

Also, ya, being 6 2 and big doesnt help with some of the rides!

Try being 6'9! haha.

I went there a couple years ago. I only remember going on 2 rides. 1 was a really old coaster. I can't remember the name, but it was one that I went on as a kid. A pretty mild one, but damn, it was really uncomfortable. My shins were banging into the end of the car the whole ride, and it was extremely bumpy/not fun. The Behemoth was awesome though. Unlimited leg room, very comfortable. Shoulder restraints were tall enough so that I wasn't having my spine compressed, and overall, a really smooth, and really fun ride. I would probably be a coaster junkie if they were all like that.

Try being 6'9! haha.

I went there a couple years ago. I only remember going on 2 rides. 1 was a really old coaster. I can't remember the name, but it was one that I went on as a kid. A pretty mild one, but damn, it was really uncomfortable. My shins were banging into the end of the car the whole ride, and it was extremely bumpy/not fun. The Behemoth was awesome though. Unlimited leg room, very comfortable. Shoulder restraints were tall enough so that I wasn't having my spine compressed, and overall, a really smooth, and really fun ride. I would probably be a coaster junkie if they were all like that.

If you research a little you could be. A place like Cedar Point, though I've never been, has a higher concentrations of rides from Premier, Intamin, and Bollinger & Mallibard. You'd find all of those much better than anything by Vekoma, Arrow, or god forbid, Togo.

Sweet, where's her family from? Hart & Thistle has awful food, but the best patio. Glad yours wasn't terrible, but it is really frustrating. Lower Deck is worth a night out, though if you aren't hunting cougars, it does lose some of its appeal. Tons of good bars, and they all offer pretty similar appeal of friendly people.

If you're walking along the waterfront, there's a place that serves exclusively bacon products (the shop is pink...hard to miss), and the food is better than you'd expect.

She has grandparents in Bridgetown, and another set in Centreville. We stayed 2 nights at her grandparents house in Bridgetown, and 3 nights at a Bed and Breakfast in Centreville.

re: hart and thistle: Yeah, I had seafood and chips (Scallops, haddock, Shrimp). It was good by Alberta Standards, but it was the worst seafood I ate while in Nova Scotia (I ate a lot of seafood)

It wasnt Dragon Fire, cause thats always the first one we do, and I recall we had already done it that day.

When I first started to post, I thought it was maybe Mindbuster (Dannys post made me recall the incident), but then I googled a map of Wonderland, cause all I recalled was having done it right after Drop Tower, and knowing it was one of the older ones.

99% sure it was Wild Beast, though I dont recall anything about the ride. Done it a bunch of times in my life, cant recall how it goes.

Ah ok. Don't know. Wilde Beast is wooden so no loops, but could be anything if that was a mis remembered fact anyways. Minebuster is wooden too, IIRC.

I haven't been on Leviathan yet, but imagine its at least as good as Behemoth.

I'm having a tough time deciding, but I think SheiKra at Busch Gardens in Tampa is my favorite roller coaster that I've been on. Always really enjoyed the Sahara coaster too. Never a line, smooth LIM-accelerated ride, by Premier, just awesome. Except they took it down. Wonder if they're rebuilding it somewhere. Off to RCDB I go.

Sweet, they're moving it to some other place in Vegas.

A coaster?

They're putting up some huge ferris/observation wheel in Vegas, I wonder if its going to be with that as part of some amusement centre.

She has grandparents in Bridgetown, and another set in Centreville. We stayed 2 nights at her grandparents house in Bridgetown, and 3 nights at a Bed and Breakfast in Centreville.

re: hart and thistle: Yeah, I had seafood and chips (Scallops, haddock, Shrimp). It was good by Alberta Standards, but it was the worst seafood I ate while in Nova Scotia (I ate a lot of seafood)

Wow, good luck - those are really nice places to visit. You're definitely getting a classic Nova Scotia experience staying at a B&B in Centreville. I love Kentville and the Valley - probably once a month for every summer we've been together, we'll drive up there, stop at a vineyard or two for some wine, Fox Hill for some cheese, a market for some bread and baked stuff, and drive up to the Lookoff for a picnic. If you haven't been up there, tell Emily you've got an afternoon planned next time you come up and I'll tell you where to go. (also, they sell ice cream at the last stop).

Rides are for entertainment.

Driving is so you dont have to walk 6 hours to get to work every morning.

Everyone has safer options (though some are prohibitive given other constraints due to prior decisions made).

The chance of getting injured or hurt in either case is minuscule, is my point, I suppose.

You are correct that the chances are small in both cases.

I have nothing else to add to the Leafs suck thread. I just wanted to make one more post to tie you for 3rd place all time in the Leafs suck thread, now that we have moved ahead of Gruven.

Wow, good luck - those are really nice places to visit. You're definitely getting a classic Nova Scotia experience staying at a B&B in Centreville. I love Kentville and the Valley - probably once a month for every summer we've been together, we'll drive up there, stop at a vineyard or two for some wine, Fox Hill for some cheese, a market for some bread and baked stuff, and drive up to the Lookoff for a picnic. If you haven't been up there, tell Emily you've got an afternoon planned next time you come up and I'll tell you where to go. (also, they sell ice cream at the last stop).

yeah we went to the Lookoff. Pretty awesome. It was really cold up there when we went though (evening). We also went to Hall's harbour (very cool), Peggy's Cove (Also very cool), Digby for some Scallops, and drove through/to a whole host of other small towns. I liked Wolfville a lot. I think Acadia would be a nice place to go to University. The Small towns in Nova Scotia are a lot nicer than the small towns in Alberta.

yeah we went to the Lookoff. Pretty awesome. It was really cold up there when we went though (evening). We also went to Hall's harbour (very cool), Peggy's Cove (Also very cool), Digby for some Scallops, and drove through/to a whole host of other small towns. I liked Wolfville a lot. I think Acadia would be a nice place to go to University. The Small towns in Nova Scotia are a lot nicer than the small towns in Alberta.

Sounds like you got some good local advice. Most of the Acadia grads I know love it, but you don't exactly get the same university experience going to school in a place like that. Then again, I know the locals are very patient with university shenanigans, since the town depends on them!

. I just wanted to make one more post to tie you for 3rd place all time in the Leafs suck thread, now that we have moved ahead of Gruven.

You moved ahead of me? Well, that sucks...
  • 2 weeks later...

MLSE is raising ticket prices for games against premium teams like the Canadiens and Penguins, but the increase will be offset by a lower charge for having to watch the Leafs play.

They didn't charge premiums for "rivalry" or "big draw" opponents already? Teams have been doing that for ages. As an out of town fan of the Penguins, every city I've seen them play in has increased their tickets on those nights, lol.

They didn't charge premiums for "rivalry" or "big draw" opponents already? Teams have been doing that for ages. As an out of town fan of the Penguins, every city I've seen them play in has increased their tickets on those nights, lol.

They were charging premiums, but they are increasing the premium now.

WARNING: Do not click the link if your name is Serge. It may cause an increase in head temperature which may result in a concussion.

http://theleafsnation.com/2013/7/6/explaining-the-grabovski-bozak-stats-debate-in-shinny-hockey-terms

WARNING: Do not click the link if your name is Serge. It may cause an increase in head temperature which may result in a concussion.

http://theleafsnation.com/2013/7/6/explaining-the-grabovski-bozak-stats-debate-in-shinny-hockey-terms

Yup six weeks after that article no one signed him