Nfl Playoff Team Challenge

As some of you might've seen in the Perfect Ten thread, next season I'm going to host a team based fantasy league where your "players" are passing offense, rushing offense, and defense. Though I think I'm changing that to passing defense and rushing defense. I realise this post is quite long but it's not really that complicated.Each "player" has two categories. Yards and TDs (with defense obviously being less is better).To my knowledge, this is not an option on ESPN or Yahoo, so I'll be doing all this manually. So, I'd like to get a preview and see if this works ok and we might as well have some fun / bragging rights to go with it.QUESTION:Should INT-TDs and Fumble recovery TDs count in the scoring? If they do count, they'd be the negative of other TDs.EGGzample: Indianapolis scores 3 passing TDs and 1 rushing TD against Denver but the offense also has 1 INT-TD. If this counts then the TD scoring for our purposes would be Indy Pass: 2Indy Rush: 1Den D-Pass: 2Den D-Rush: 1Obviously I'll track both for these playoffs and see whether it makes any difference but bragging rights are important so we need to come to a consensus for what the official scoring will be.How the Playoff league will work:First Round1. When we find out the complete playoff schedule, the draft will begin in a new thread here with randomised order snake draft.2. Teams will only be allowed to draft "players" from the wild card teams (Pass-O, Rush-O, Pass-D, Rush-D)3. Eight Categories total. TDs and Yards for each "player"4. Ranking determined by head-to-head record in each category against every other team5. first tiebreak: head-to-head against each other. second tiebreaker: if you have the best (OTD-DTD and OPass-Dpass). third tiebreaker: odds and evens in PM to me or 3rd party if I'm a tied team.Second Round1. Top 4 teams advance may keep any of their players that are still alive. Must be declared in a PM to me (or third party tbd if I also advance)2. Draft order determined by ranking from round 13. Same scoring4. same tiebreakerThird Round1. Winners advance and may keep any of their players. Must be declared in a PM to me (or third party tbd if I also advance)2. Draft order determined by best record in 2nd round.3. scoring is same but the matchup includes both championship games and the superbowl but each team is still only allowed 4 players.All rules subject to change prior to draft because they might really suck in some cases.In? (willing to track for multiple leagues if interest surpasses just 8 people).1. runthemover2. suitedaces21 (tentative (yea right like he'd miss this))3. sbriand (tentative)4.5.6.7.8.

In? (willing to track for multiple leagues if interest surpasses just 8 people).1. runthemover2. suitedaces21 (tentative (yea right like he'd miss this))3. sbriand (tentative)4. El Guapo5.6.7.8.

it is not for cash. next regular season I will host a cash league if interested. this is like a trial run which won't really tell me anything about how it'll work for a regular season1. runthemover2. suitedaces21 (tentative (yea right like he'd miss this))3. sbriand (tentative)4. El Guapo5. rocketpoker8286.7.8.

one thing I just thought about and rules changed abovethere's no point having any head to head until the final round. if the top 2 teams happen to face each other in one of these weeks that's ridiculous. since the first two rounds are just one week each and include more than two teams, the scoring will be done by head-to-head ranking over each team which also serves to determine the ranking for the next round and those drafts.EGGzample: In the second round, I have a 4-2-2 record over team X, 3-1-4 over team Y, and 8-0-0 over team Z my total record is 15-3-6 for a total of 36 points.current list1. runthemover2. suitedaces213. sbriand4. El Guapo5. rocketpoker8286.7.8.

So we play everyone in the begining, is that what you're saying? And then the best overall records versus everyone advances?
in the first two rounds (8 during wild card weekend. 4 advance to the next week), your record is the total of your scores against everyonein a normal weekly head to head format we compare your 8 categories against one team and that is your score for the week. here, you will have one of those scores against every team and those will be added up for your final scoreEGGzample: In the second round, I have a 4-2-2 record over team X, 3-1-4 over team Y, and 8-0-0 over team Z my total record is 15-3-6 for a total of 36 points.same shit for the first round but you'll have 7 of those scores added up. it gives a true sense of how your team did instead the luck of the random matchup.what I think really makes this interesting is the drafting. each team only gets one player for each position so if someone has drafted a passD already you know they wont be getting that. this is especially interesting in the second and final draft rounds. you don't know the draft order or find out who each team is keeping (except their players on teams who lost during the wildcard week) until the draft1. runthemover2. suitedaces213. sbriand4. El Guapo5. rocketpoker8286. CindyLou7.8.

The draft will be done via posting. It will start whenever the playoff matchups are all set for wild card weekend. I'll pm everyone with the draft order (decided by random.org) and I'll make a new thread in here with all available players. I'll post all available players in the first post and as each pick is made they will remove their pick from the list and place the remaining list in their post. It will go in snake format.League 1:1. runthemover2. suitedaces213. sbriand4. El Guapo5. rocketpoker8286. CindyLou7. brvheart8. dna4everLeague 2:1. runthemover2. suitedaces 3.4.5.6.7.8.

fyi, I forgot to put up something important.If in the finals your defensive player doesn't make the superbowl, you get the worst of the two teams performances (in each category (double whammy)). only if there's a tie in any category it comes out as a loser for you. this is the benefit of actually picking the team that wonthe other way it COULD be done is to set the categories as a per two games. so if your PassD doesn't make the superbowl and gave up 2 tds and 250 yards, you'll end up with 4 tds and 500 yards.this is problem that comes up when you have lowest is best and the potential of multiple games. for offense it's good when you pick the team that wins but for D it isn't. And, we obviously want to make it be a benefit for picking the winning team any thoughts on this?League 1:1. runthemover2. suitedaces213. sbriand4. El Guapo5. rocketpoker8286. CindyLou7. brvheart8. dna4everLeague 2:1. runthemover2. suitedaces 3. serge4.5.6.7.8.

seeing as we'll be ready to draft in a few hours this is just a bump to see if we can get more people in league 2
Screw league #2... League #2 is for LOSERS!

Rules Update1. 4 players on your team are passO, passD, runO, runD2. 8 categories are TDs, yards3. scoring is composite of head-to-head vs everyone else4. 3 rounds (wild card, divisional, conference + superbowl) keep your players IF you want. draft order done by previous round rank/score.5. drafts done via forum postingFumble returns for Touchdown count as -1 TD for runD and -1 TD for runOIntercetption returns for Touchdown count as -1 TD for passD and -1 TD for passOFirst Round1. When we find out the complete playoff schedule, the draft will begin in a new thread here with randomised order snake draft.2. Teams will only be allowed to draft "players" from the wild card teams (Pass-O, Rush-O, Pass-D, Rush-D)3. Ranking determined by head-to-head record in each category against every other team4. first tiebreak: head-to-head against each other. second tiebreaker: if you have the best (OTD-DTD and OPass-Dpass). third tiebreaker: odds and evens in PM to me or 3rd party if I'm a tied team.Second Round1. Top 4 teams advance may keep any of their players that are still alive. Must be declared in a PM to me (or third party tbd if I also advance)2. Draft order determined by ranking from round 13. Same scoring4. same tiebreakerThird Round1. Winners advance and may keep any of their players. Must be declared in a PM to me (or third party tbd if I also advance)2. Draft order determined by best record in 2nd round.3. scoring is same but the matchup includes both championship games and the superbowl but each team is still only allowed 4 players.In the third round, if any of your D players do not make the superbowl, the superbowl team with the worst D in each category will be assigned to your score AND any ties will in those categories will be given to your opponent as a win. This means if your runD does not make the superbowl but Carolina and Indianapolis play you could be assigned the 2 TDs Carolina gives up on the run and the 189 yards Indianapolis gives upon the run.