The worst feeling of my life

Acespades that sucks man, I was watching, but remember you weren't playing some total newbie to poker you were playing Hamman, a well known online player, I'm sure you'll have many more opportunities to get you revenge...and don't listen to smasharoo he's the poker newbie of this forum

It's funny because you actually care. No offense, but it's just a game..."There's allways next year boys and girls."
It is just a game to some people and that's fine I support that. However for me it's more then just a game, it's my living as of now and hopefully the rest of my life. I think it would make more sense if you said, "It's just money" which is true, but to say it's just a game really doesn't make sense.
"Instead of raising I just called with A/Q hoping he was bluffing and would continue to bluff away his stack on the turn. "Do you think slowplaying is a good idea when you have a significant chip lead?I'm a newbie and would never do it.  Is this a standard play for you or were you just spacing out?  I might slowplay if I was the baby stack tho.
Your absolutely right, and as you can tell by my article I completely agree with you. I'm one of these players that however sometimes just overthink a hand. I thought he was trying to bluff me out and I wanted more chips on his bluffs. Really though all and all the thing that cost me was simply not making a standard pre flop raise with a/q. If I raise pre flop he folds 6/2 and there is no story to tell. Instead I hit a heads up flop that I call a death flop.... top pair and 2 seemingless rags that my opponent was holding for his 2 pair. ALMOST inevitable to not lose unless you get lucky.
It's funny because you actually care. No offense' date=' but it's just a game..."There's allways next year boys and girls."[/quote']It is just a game to some people and that's fine I support that. However for me it's more then just a game, it's my living as of now and hopefully the rest of my life. I think it would make more sense if you said, "It's just money" which is true, but to say it's just a game really doesn't make sense in my opinion. It's like saying to a salesman that just lost a customer, oh you just lost $16,500 on that house commission no big deal it's just a customer... when you play high stakes poker you have to look at it as a job and duty to win. You don't get many shots like that and I blew it
Acespades that sucks man, I was watching, but remember you weren't playing some total newbie to poker you were playing Hamman, a well known online player, I'm sure you'll have many more opportunities to get you revenge...and don't listen to smasharoo he's the poker newbie of this forum
Thanks Matt. I have heard many good things about Hamman but really i don't care if I'm playing the best player in the world, if I go in with a 4/1 chip lead I should win. Thanks for your kind words though.
I raised 3 times the big blind once pre-flop with A7 and the BB called me with 2 6 offsuit and hit trips to eventually beat my top two pair.
I think we've all had that before...this guy I was playing however I can guarantee would not of even doubled his big blind with 6/2, he was very good. I didn't know at the time HOW good he is otherwise I would of checked the river, and/or said my secret words to make him fold when he asked me if i had the flush.
ROFL!!I can't belive you puked...hahahahaha.
Imagine that had been at the final table of a WPT event and you didnt make it outside or to the bathroom and you had chucked up over the cashe the pour on the table when its heads up.Youd be on every Blooper Reel Show for the next decade.On a serious note thats tough luck though. The most important thing is... should you be in that situation in the future, if you did maje any errors you have taken a lesson from this time and dont make them again!Hang in there!

Hey all, just thought i'd say hello as the sun is rising here in Toronto, couldn't sleep tonight so i figured after the gym i'd read through the posts, and decided to finally sign up. I'm 20 and like i said i live in Toronto, I have only started playing poker about 3 months ago, online, I must admit i've taken some hard knocks, but i've done some good (won a few tournaments and some monster pots), but i've taken some bad beats and made some stupid bets. I really enjoy and love poker. my worst feeling was I was playing in a Party Poker $20 buy in for one of their Aussie Qualifiers, it was something like 900 almost 1000 players, and i'm doing decent, but as we're getting close to the final table i hit my stride and built up to top three in chips, we hit the final table, if i remember correctly it was top 8 split the pot and get a seat in the Aussie, now i'm stoked, i have my game plan i'm ready to fire...fold a few hands, everyone is playing really really tight, so i figure time to switch gears, and the perfect time for the Kings to come play when i get delt a KK, i'm overjoyed. blinds are at about 1000-2000 (i'm guessing on some of this stuff, i've had a bunch of concussions and this was a month and ahalf ago) I was in Middle position two folds to get to me, so i bet out a decent amount figure i'd get re raised by someone with a pocket high pair, or called by suited or some decent hand, one re raise a few calls and some folds later the flops comes and i hit a set, K-2-6 i think it was....AI right awayturn was a nothing, i'm really happy because i'm called by two people this was a MONSTER, like somewhere in the neighbourhood of 90 000 chips and if i win i take most of the two people above me. some betting went on after my AI, so i put one on a A-q and one on maybe the low pocket set, or something like an AK. i wasn't too mad when the river came and it was an Ace, figured that there weren't any rockets out there...boy was i wrong!! i'm ready to see my chip count start to smile and i see the hands revealed, guy who called originally (before re raised) had the rockets and assasinated my kings. the other guy made the satans with the pocket 6's. I never felt so bad, i was mortified! Well glad i can share my low point with you, and i hope the advice i can gain from you guys will help me break this slump i've hit lately, and start to rake in some money. Take it easyIra (i'm thinking of a signature to put in, i want it to be whitty)

ROFL!!I can't belive you puked...hahahahaha.
Imagine that had been at the final table of a WPT event and you didnt make it outside or to the bathroom and you had chucked up over the cashe the pour on the table when its heads up.Youd be on every Blooper Reel Show for the next decade.On a serious note thats tough luck though. The most important thing is... should you be in that situation in the future, if you did maje any errors you have taken a lesson from this time and dont make them again!Hang in there!
I made myself puke....

tough break man. i woulda seen you in monte carlo, cuz i won a trip to the scandinavian open in copenhagen, and im gonna win that and get a free entry into the monte carlo one. 8) i won through fpp satellites tho, not cash satellites.

Having never put one live dollar into play online, and having logged 14 million hours b&m, I'm curious what the super secret words are that you use to make people lay hands down...

Having never put one live dollar into play online, and having logged 14 million hours b&m, I'm curious what the super secret words are that you use to make people lay hands down...
haha i was thinking the same thing. please tell us the secret words so we can make our opponents fold. :roll:
However for me it's more then just a game, it's my living as of now ....
After you came in second in a tournament, you chose to puke because, for some reason, you couldn't cry. And you want to make a living playing poker? Sounds like you need to toughen up real quick to me.

Ace,I lost a buy-in to an ACT III satellite at Foxwoods in October in similar fashion. I think what bothered me the most wasn't losing, it was feeling that I was totally outplayed when I got heads up. Use it as a learning experience and go from there--especially since you are only 19,Good Luck,JT

I went to Evelyn Ng's website, and she cried, or came very close to it, when she got knocked out of her first big tourny on the tour, and Negreanu said he used to go home and just lay in bed very depressed after he got knocked out of the main event, so you're not alone. The amount of adrenaline and other hormones you produce during the late stages of a tournament that means alot to you will have a huge impact on you in such a situation, which will make it easier to go off the deep end. I don't understand why everybody is giving you such a hard time; do they just want to feel superior?