Live Game - Flopped Straight

Playing 1-2NL down in Tampa at the Hard Rock on Friday. The table had been fairly loose/passive, lots of limping and calling down with middle pair. So naturally I was having a field day. There was one player at the table who could have been a good player, but I wasn't so sure because he never showed down a hand. The two things that led me to believe he wasn't a good player, a) sunglasses and B) wearing a WSOP shirt. I get involved in a hand with him, and not quite sure how I should have played the river.Hero ($290) - BBVillain ($450) - MP2 players fold, 6 limp in, Hero raises to $14 straight with KdQd, everyone folds except villain. Pot Size - $42Flop: 9h 10s Js Hero checks, Villain makes it $15, Hero raises $45 straight, Villain calls. Pot Size - $132Turn: 9h 10s Js 2h Hero bets $65, Villain calls. Pot Size - $262River: 9h 10s Js 2h 10h Hero ????

There was one player at the table who could have been a good player, but I wasn't so sure because he never showed down a hand. The two things that led me to believe he wasn't a good player, B) sunglasses and shirt.png wearing a WSOP shirt.
FYP
I bet the flop and 3-bet big if raisedOn the turn I bet closer to the pot (at least $100) and go all in on every river
I agree.He's just going to "put you on AK" anyway.

agree with above. turn bet is wayyyyyyyyyy to small. a larger bet and you wouldn't even have to contemplate this as it would be clear to put the rest in regardless of the river.as played i jstill ust put ur remaining $160ish in.

Playing 1-2NL down in Tampa at the Hard Rock on Friday. The table had been fairly loose/passive, lots of limping and calling down with middle pair. So naturally I was betting and raising very small on a draw heavy board when I had the nuts to get as little value as possible.
FYP :)Bet bigger. I don't hate the flop checkraise (standard is to bet out, but checkraising is fine given that the board hits so many hands), but when he bets, a pot sized raise is to $87. That's probably a little large, but I'd make it $60 at least. That way the pot would be $162 on the turn and you'd have $215, which would make it easy to get the money in across both remaining streets.As played, on the turn with ~$230 left in a $132 pot I'd just bet ~$100 to leave a comfortable shove on the river.
I bet the flop and 3-bet big if raisedOn the turn I bet closer to the pot (at least $100) and go all in on every river
You're making my job very easy this morning trystero :club:

If I read this correct...you aren't what "should I have done" but instead what "should I do now"?I would bet HUGE here because he's not flushed.... He probably has Jacks and will fold on a big bet.

If I read this correct...you aren't what "should I have done" but instead what "should I do now"?I would bet HUGE here because he's not flushed.... He probably has Jacks and will fold on a big bet.
First off if we put him on Jacks ... then we WANT him to call, so at this point it seems $75 - $100 ish should do the trick. Secondly the OP almost reads like he went all in and the dude had J10 and made his boat and he wants to be sure that he did the "correct play". At this point in the hand, i would probably just be out $50, if he raises me all in I might consider folding, but it is entirely read dependent as you say he is the only one at the table with a clue, but I would end up calling him down.
You've said some dumb things.. but that may top them all..

Results:

I'll be honest. That river scared the shit out of me. It wouldn't suprise me if he was calling down with two pair and rivered a full house. I wasn't too worried about the flush, but I did consider it. I ended up checking the river with the intention of calling a smallish bet, and possibly folding to a shove. Although I'm fairly sure that if he did shove, I'd probably call. Well he ended up checking, I turned over the straight, and he mucked his hand.In hindsight I see now why I should have bet much bigger on the turn, giving me a much easier decision on the river.Thanks everyone!