The trailer doesn't show much but here it is.http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809951159/video/10610991So I thought Da Vinci Code was just an ok movie. I'm hoping this movie does better. I like Tom Hanks. I liked this book better then Da Vinci Code. I think the Vatican City setting will be cool. I'm excited to see this.

I'm really excited about this. I'm a huge Dan Brown fan, and if this movie is half as good as the DiVinci Code movie, it's gonna be out of site! I don't agree at all the the DiVinci Code was "just okay".. it was exciting, and informative at the same time. There just aren't many thrillers that have the intellectual weight of the DiVinci Code..

I'm really excited about this. I'm a huge Dan Brown fan, and if this movie is half as good as the DiVinci Code movie, it's gonna be out of site! I don't agree at all the the DiVinci Code was "just okay".. it was exciting, and informative at the same time. There just aren't many thrillers that have the intellectual weight of the DiVinci Code..
I'm not saying that I thought the movie sucked, it definitely was entertaining.I guess I kind of expected to be blown away with the Tom Hanks, Ron Howard duo, and especially with the book being one of the biggest bestsellers ever. So I went in expecting too much which is why I was a little disappointed. I'm a big fan of the books also... I think Deception Point would be an awesome movie.I looked at the FAQ section of Dan Brown's website, and he is working on a new book, this is what he says:"Currently I'm writing another Robert Langdon thriller-the sequel to The Da Vinci Code. For the first time, Langdon will find himself embroiled in a mystery on U.S. soil. This new novel explores the hidden history of our nation's capital."This sounds cool, but I don't expect it to come out anytime soon. Especially with how in depth he goes with all the historical and government information in his novels.
I'm not saying that I thought the movie sucked, it definitely was entertaining.I guess I kind of expected to be blown away with the Tom Hanks, Ron Howard duo, and especially with the book being one of the biggest bestsellers ever. So I went in expecting too much which is why I was a little disappointed. I'm a big fan of the books also... I think Deception Point would be an awesome movie.I looked at the FAQ section of Dan Brown's website, and he is working on a new book, this is what he says:"Currently I'm writing another Robert Langdon thriller-the sequel to The Da Vinci Code. For the first time, Langdon will find himself embroiled in a mystery on U.S. soil. This new novel explores the hidden history of our nation's capital."This sounds cool, but I don't expect it to come out anytime soon. Especially with how in depth he goes with all the historical and government information in his novels.
Ron Howard's movies are awesome, and you can't beat hanks.. but I think the role had to be understated, you didn't want his acting to like, overshadow the plot or anything.. it's too good of story for that.I can't wait for the sequel to come out, we've been waiting for years. I wonder what it could be about, if it was set on US soil, maybe something about the masonic connections to the countries founding? gosh, I can't wait!

Is McGee leveling us? From his posts he seems like the type of guy that would absolutely loathe Dan Brown.For me I think this movie will be alright. I liked the book Angels and Demons more than the Davinci Code, but the Davinci Code was a pretty mediocre movie.

Is McGee leveling us? From his posts he seems like the type of guy that would absolutely loathe Dan Brown.
I can't imagine what that's supposed to mean, "the type of guy that would loathe dan brown" I Don't know who exactly would hate DB besides maybe fundementalist Christians, who were threatened by it. I've never met anyone who read The DiVinci code who didn't like it.
I can't imagine what that's supposed to mean, "the type of guy that would loathe dan brown" I Don't know who exactly would hate DB besides maybe fundementalist Christians, who were threatened by it. I've never met anyone who read The DiVinci code who didn't like it.
What was your favorite part about the DaVinci Code movie?For me, it was how perfectly Hanks nailed the "Robert Langdon" hair. It was so inspiring, I hope they don't change a strand of it for the prequel.
What was your favorite part about the DaVinci Code movie?For me, it was how perfectly Hanks nailed the "Robert Langdon" hair. It was so inspiring, I hope they don't change a strand of it for the prequel.
this may sound strange, but I really liked the bank of zurich scene, because It was just like I'd pictured it in the book. It's not like it was an epic scene, or anything, but it was like.... my mind was put onto screen or something, it was neat for me, it's rare I have moments like that in movies who's books I've read. it was kinda like when I first saw bilbo's home in LOTR.I also liked Silas, the albino opus Dei guy. Albino's are freaky villains, boy.
this may sound strange, but I really liked the bank of zurich scene, because It was just like I'd pictured it in the book. It's not like it was an epic scene, or anything, but it was like.... my mind was put onto screen or something, it was neat for me, it's rare I have moments like that in movies who's books I've read. it was kinda like when I first saw bilbo's home in LOTR.I also liked Silas, the albino opus Dei guy. Albino's are freaky villains, boy.
I know exactly where you're coming from.

Angels and Demons was an absolutely ridiculous book when it comes to the timeline. Now I'm not the kind to nitpick when it comes to sci-fi and stuff, I'm right into Heroes and Trueblood, but when you're trying to present yourself as plausible, the writer has to hold up his end of the bargain.The last 1/2 hour timeline of A&D is utterly ridiculous. In fact most of it is, when you consider the amount of time the hero had to perform his tasks once he got to Rome and the amount he actually did.I'm trying not to reveal any spoilers here, obviously.

Angels and Demons was an absolutely ridiculous book when it comes to the timeline. Now I'm not the kind to nitpick when it comes to sci-fi and stuff, I'm right into Heroes and Trueblood, but when you're trying to present yourself as plausible, the writer has to hold up his end of the bargain.The last 1/2 hour timeline of A&D is utterly ridiculous. In fact most of it is, when you consider the amount of time the hero had to perform his tasks once he got to Rome and the amount he actually did.I'm trying not to reveal any spoilers here, obviously.
Have you ever watched an episode of 24?
The Da Vinci Code was poorly directed, I hope Ronny How redeems himself with this one.And maybe Tommy could put some effort into it this time.I can wait for TnT Movie of the week premiere.
I think you guys are being way to critical of howard/hanks. Don't you ever just, you know, watch a movie without picking all the things apart, get swept up in it? I Thought it was entertaining, but more importantly a GREAT adaptation of a great book. You guys just nit pick too much, I think.
lol at this thread.
lol @ you, LLY. I'm sure Demons and Angels does not have enough worm holes, 14th dimensional strings or sodomy for you to like it, but get off your high horse and don't ruin it for the rest of us.
I think you guys are being way to critical of howard/hanks. Don't you ever just, you know, watch a movie without picking all the things apart, get swept up in it? I Thought it was entertaining, but more importantly a GREAT adaptation of a great book. You guys just nit pick too much, I think.
Nit pick? I'll nit pick this movie so hard it gets a nose bleed. You just wait, the review I give this movie will shake the very foundations of Hollywood.
I'm seriously laughing so hard right now and I can't even finish reading this thread.
Powder still gives me bad dreams.
Powder wasn't a villain! (that's another excellent movie, btw.)