I don't know if anyone here likes to do Scratchers (being a -EV proposition, but fun nonetheless) but I took a pretty sick beat while scratching my POKER NIGHT Scratcher.I usually play the bingo scratcher, but the 7-11 was out so I decided to go with a $3 poker scratcher. For those who haven't seen one of these, you get 'dealt' 6 hands, each of which has its' own prize that you win if you beat the dealers 5 card hand. Usually the dealer has two pair or three of a kind, and the prizes range from $3-$50K. Rather than just scratch the whole thing as fast as I can, I scratch the prizes first, seeing how much each hand is worth before scratching it. Then, I start with the highest (least likely to win) prize and scratch. Lastly, I scratch the dealers hand to find out how I did. Usually before the dealers hand is exposed, you have a pretty good idea if you've won any money or not but it's still fun to sweat it out.So i start scratching and the hands end up like this , followed by my thought process as I scratch:$50,000- is 2c 2d 4h 7h Ac- No shot at 50K.$500 5h 5s 2s 2s ks- Two pair Not likely but let's see how the other hands hold up.$100 Th Jh Qh Kh 4s- SO close! King high is worthless!$25 4c 5d 6c 7c 8h- Strait! SHIP the $25!$20 Ah As 6h 7s 8c- One pair, probably not good, but if it is this is a $545 ticket!$5 3h 3s 3c 3d 9h- Quads! It's only $5 gauranteed, but it's still nice to win, right????So here is the fun part, finding out just how much money I won, $5 or the whole $545???? Time to scratch the dealers hand . .. 8s . . . . 9s . . . . Starting to look like a flush . .. 10s . . . . I think here is where I knew nothing was mineJs . . . . . what a joke, let me sweat a blank on the river . . . Qs . . . . . Queen high strait flush OVER quads and no bad beat jackpot, so gross and rigged! :club:

Like half the scratched cards in games like that I've seen the dealer has had quads or a straight flush. Super uber standard.It's probably to get numbskulls back into the store where they bought it (thinking they won against that straight OR flush), so that they can buy more tickets.

ea we have the same type of scratcher here.. cept its texas holdem for 5$..same format.. 3 on each side.. but for some reason, the hands always seem to end up being brutally crushed.. like one hand you make a full house.. dealer has quads. you make quads, dealer gets royal, etc. only time I think I have one on em are the bonus scratch boxes (10$.. woohoo) and I think I had a 3 of a kind hold up against the dealers 2 pair for 50$.the outcome of the hands are so beyond realistic its sick..