Jj Prodigy, Gbmantis,sooners,aperfectgent All Banned From Stars

I think I'm missing something because it seems really wrong to me that people are getting their perma banned for association.I mean, I hate JJ as much as the next guy, but if Mantis never multi-accounted or did anything illegitimate himself, I don't think it's right he gets banned.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well they're all guilty by association and being banned was always the likely result,From what i saw on the p5s threads, they continued to associate with JJ after he was perma-banned on stars.You'd think they would get the message that it was either they sever all ties with JJ or face a ban sooner or later. Fair or not thats the way most sites operate and they must of known that throughout.

Well they're all guilty by association and being banned was always the likely result,From what i saw on the p5s threads, they continued to associate with JJ after he was perma-banned on stars.You'd think they would get the message that it was either they sever all ties with JJ or face a ban sooner or later. Fair or not thats the way most sites operate and they must of known that throughout.
Associate in what way?

I have heard whispers that "FishOnTilt" was JJProdigy.Again, here say, but it makes sense because "FishOnTilt" just make a recent post on P5's saying that he had his accounts closed because he used to play underage.I'd really like to know what accounts JJ is playing on currently and think that Mantis and Sooners amongst others should out him to help save their reputations. I'm willing to bet that some of the biggest winners online recently belong to JJ, he's just that sick of a player, I can definitely see him having 3 or 4 accounts in every 109r.

well for one mantis let JJ use his FT account while gb was taking a break from playing, Also just the flow of funds that were made through playing against ToCs, the money was passed around from staker to stakees and in essence this money was as a result of cheating other player either directly or indirectly.

On tethering: I had Verizon for 3 years and never paid extra to tether my phone although I believe at the time some people who did it excessively (like 10 hours a day) were getting hit. I have Sprint now and tether to check my email and sometimes play online whenever I travel, with no extra charges.The speed is slower than my cable modem at home but I have no problem playing online poker. I think its equivalent to a slow dsl connection.From what was said RE: the voyager, it sounds like you can tether with it. Its a little more complicated than just plugging it into your computer. On my phone, (I have a pocket PC) I have set it to modem mode and then 'dial up' through a connection I had to set up on my computer in the Network Connections.Mark
Which Sprint phone do you have, Mark? How do you like it (speed of intarwebz, reception, etc.) I currently have sprint and need to upgrade to an unlimited data plan. I'm trying to decide if I should stick with Sprint or go the Iphone/AT&T route. From what I've read, costs are nearly identical.

Ha, drama.I always liked Sooners and hitur2outer...Considering Mantis is the one that originally outed JJ/ablackcar over that Party tournament on accident a few years back (oops!), I find it humorous that he is now banned for continuing to consort with him. Plus, he always came off as an arrogant douche to me, by far my least favorite GB (Gboro, GB2005, etc).Man, I wish I ran well enough for my backers to be cheaters so I could get banned. :club:

I think I'm missing something because it seems really wrong to me that people are getting their perma banned for association.I mean, I hate JJ as much as the next guy, but if Mantis never multi-accounted or did anything illegitimate himself, I don't think it's right he gets banned.
It's not like they couldn't have seen this coming though. Associated JJ accounts were already banned on FT. They knew they were taking a risk by transferring with and it sounds like, helping to facilitate his staking business. Even if they never multi-accounted, they certainly aren't entirely innocent.

Keep in mind that it doesn't appear that Stars kept any of the money in their accounts. Stars has just said that they are no longer welcome to play.Now if they go around this ban and play then Stars will keep any money in accounts they play on.

I've played every tourney on gbmantis, unless I'm going to get food or something and someone takes over.
i think this is not right but I guess you can't really enforce something like that and it's pretty common I'm sure.
Which Sprint phone do you have, Mark? How do you like it (speed of intarwebz, reception, etc.) I currently have sprint and need to upgrade to an unlimited data plan. I'm trying to decide if I should stick with Sprint or go the Iphone/AT&T route. From what I've read, costs are nearly identical.
I have the PPC-6800 on Sprint. I love it as a tethered modem. The speed is great (I can play 4 tables online just fine). Like I said before, I would say its equivalent to a slow dsl connection. Sometimes its annoyingly slow because I'm used to my high speed cable at home, but for the convenience of being able to connect at a reasonable speed on the road, I love it. The phone part of it sucks though. It runs windows and the OS has really slowed down over time, and it has a lot of really weird quirks. But I have an application on it that I can connect to all my instant messaging accounts (AIM, MSN, Yahoo, Google) and I mostly just chat and use the internet on my phone. So I love it. Love the slide out keyboard also.I used to have the previous version of this phone (6700) on Verizon. The OS was even slower, but Verizon's network coverage is about 100X better imo. Verizon also has the PPC-6800 (I got the sprint version because the buttons on the front are a little different and I liked the layout better) and I recommend getting Verizons just for the better coverage.I think people have found some funky hacks around this, but as far as I know the iPhone is not able to be used as a tethered modem. They also restrict a lot of aftermarket applications so for instance I don't think there is an iPhone app that lets you log into all the IM accounts you have unless you do it through their internet browser, which is dumb. (because then you can't surf the web also)Mark
they were being staked by someone they knew was multi-accounting... ldoimo they are pretty lucky they got to keep their mobnies
I have the PPC-6800 on Sprint. I love it as a tethered modem. The speed is great (I can play 4 tables online just fine). Like I said before, I would say its equivalent to a slow dsl connection. Sometimes its annoyingly slow because I'm used to my high speed cable at home, but for the convenience of being able to connect at a reasonable speed on the road, I love it. The phone part of it sucks though. It runs windows and the OS has really slowed down over time, and it has a lot of really weird quirks. But I have an application on it that I can connect to all my instant messaging accounts (AIM, MSN, Yahoo, Google) and I mostly just chat and use the internet on my phone. So I love it. Love the slide out keyboard also.I used to have the previous version of this phone (6700) on Verizon. The OS was even slower, but Verizon's network coverage is about 100X better imo. Verizon also has the PPC-6800 (I got the sprint version because the buttons on the front are a little different and I liked the layout better) and I recommend getting Verizons just for the better coverage.I think people have found some funky hacks around this, but as far as I know the iPhone is not able to be used as a tethered modem. They also restrict a lot of aftermarket applications so for instance I don't think there is an iPhone app that lets you log into all the IM accounts you have unless you do it through their internet browser, which is dumb. (because then you can't surf the web also)Mark
TY sir, very helpful as always. Does the adapter you need to tether it to your computer come with the phone or separate?edit: and do you know by chance if the Instinct has tethering capabilities?/tethering Q&A
I just read GB's 'solution' thread on p5's (http://www.pocketfives.com/poker-forums/7/...n_2900_-3304155), and I have to say it was one of the best pieces of unintentional comedy that I have come across lately. His solution? Unban JJ obviously!
I laughed very hard many times wading through that thread.I find it so cute when people try and project an image and the image they're projecting is the exact opposite of what they intended.

LOL, gbmantis loses all credibility here (or what little he had left)......"Josh is not an idiot. I have had several discussions with him on the ethics of poker and he DOES NOT WANT TO CHEAT. HE DOES NOT WANT TO MULTIACCOUNT. He feels (maybe incorrectly) that pokerstars is forcing him to cheat and multiaccount."Seems Stars forces someone to multi-account now. EL OH EL.

I got through about 6 pages and had to stop reading, I couldn't take it anymore.Did he ever offere his "soloution"?
Unban JJ and he will show Stars how to stop multi-accounting, lol. Basically Mantis just took JJ's apology pre-PCA before he got banned from PCA and offered that up as his solution. In that "apology" JJ said he had stopped multi-accounting and he realized how wrong it was and wanted to play the game clean. So what does the kid do first time he faces adversity, after Stars banned him for PCA, he starts multi-accounting again!!! LOL, the kid is scum and sorry, Tracey, anyone else that likes others involved in this, anyone that would still stand with JJ after all of this, is scum too.
TY sir, very helpful as always. Does the adapter you need to tether it to your computer come with the phone or separate?edit: and do you know by chance if the Instinct has tethering capabilities?/tethering Q&A
Mine came with the cable (USB) because it sync's with my computer's outlook and files. You might have to buy them separately if the phone doesn't normally need to hook up to a computer, but most of the time they are standard USB cables which obv are a dime a dozen.Apparently you can use the Instinct as a modem although Sprint does not officially support it. (they try and make you pay $40/month for the tethering instead of the normal $15/month 'everything' internet plan. You can read this thread and it explains some of the details behind it. If you're computer savvy it shouldn't be a problem to get it working, but if you're unsure in that area obviously I wouldn't buy the phone unless it had a good return policy if you couldn't get it to work didn't like it :)If anyone wants to know if any phone works or not, just google 'phone name tethering' so in this case 'instinct tethering'. There is info about every phone now a days online and all the user groups for the phones have this stuff down.Mark

JJ just posted a thread in MTTc on 2p2, if it's legit things will get very interesting, if it isn't, things will continue to go downhill for him.

JJ just posted a thread in MTTc on 2p2, if it's legit things will get very interesting, if it isn't, things will continue to go downhill for him.
He posted almost the exact same thing right around PCA. He needs actions, not words. Must be a live tourney he wants to play coming up soon.