• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like I'm glad I've stayed away from college football the first two weeks. So, Week 1:Miami +3TB +3St Louis +9GB -1Minn/GB over 38
College has been semi kind to me, i enjoy breaking it down much more than pro.Anyway on to my plays, looks like ill have 7 of them for tomorrow.KC/NE Under 43.5- KC. looked really bad on offense in the preseason and i dont expect much to change in this road game at NE. Coyle has one real wide out in Bowe and other than that there is no speed on the outside. Herm Edwards is a pretty conservative coach and since he knows he is outclassed in the matchup i expect him to run run run to wind clock and keep it a close game all the through. NE on the other hand will be with out Ben Watson (TE), and dante stallworth who chipped in last year isnt with this team anymore. Kevin Faulk (3rd down back) is suspended and the offensive line is shaky at best right now. Not to mention Brady didnt play at all in the preseason and has only had a week of practice to get back in rhythm with his WR's. This team is not the same team that we saw last year putting up 40+ every game. Under 43.5Hou/Pitt over 43- Pittsburg's defense is a little suspect this year since they have less depth than most years and the D-line can be exploited. We all know that Houston can score with anyone in this league on any given day, and with the lack of pass rush i would expect Schuab to be able to throw the ball around the field with regularity. On the side of the equation Pitts offense looks solid. They should be able to throw it around on a weak secondary of the texans. The steelers usually open it more offensiely at home. I think both offenses have their way and the game goes over the total by a few points. Over 43 Jac/Ten under 37- Both offenses looked really bad in during the preseason and i fully expect that to carry over into week 1 here. Jacksonville is a hyped up team again this year and i dont know if i fully buy it. They looked sloppy in the preseason with Garrad missing WR's and when he did hit them they would drop passes. There is no real offensive weapons on this team except for the RB's, who will be going up agains a solid run defense in Tenn. Tenn's offense looks just as bad as ever again this year with 0 legit number 1 reciver. They to can run the ball effectively but the jags defense is pretty good against the run as well. I see a lot of running and time ticking and not much scoring here between these two divisonal rivals. I like it under in a 17-13 type of game. Under 37Detroit -3/ATL- Detroits offense looked really good in the preseaon now that martz is gone the offense is simpler and more effective. There are playmakers at every spot of the feild on offesne and the loss of the only true shutdown corner for ATL D'angelo Williams i expect the lions to have success through the air. On the other side ATL is starting rookie qb matt ryan. Like most rookies I expect him to struggle in this game. Besides a decent run game ATL doesnt offer much in terms of any other offensive threats that i am worried about. The lions D looked pretty solid against other first string offenses in preseason so they should be able to shut this team down. The lions are awful on the road over the last few years but I thik they start this season off hot again like last year. Whether they faulter down the strecth again is yet to be seen. Detroit -3Sea/Buf -1.5- Its never fun for west coast teams to fly east to play and early game and espically not fun if its week 1. Buffalo looks improved this year now that they are healthy. There defense should show up big in this one shutting down a very lackluster offense of seattle. Seattle has just about 0 offensive fire power since they got rid of DJ hackett, Deion Branch is out, Bobby Ingram is also out. They did add Julis Jones, Justin Forsett, and TJ Duckett, there o-line is still bad. The only offensive threat im lookin at is Nate Burleson and there is no way im backing him up with money espically in clutch situations. Buffalo just has the better talent this year and should get the job done at home. Buff -1.5Stl/Phi -8- This reminds me of the cal/Wazzou college game from yesterday. One team can move the ball the other cant. Sure the rams have tory holt (old and slow, but can run routes well) and SJ (has 0 plays from scrimmage this year and is running behind an awful line), but besides that who else is there. No one. The eagles on the other hand have added to thier secondary with asante samuel who should hold holt in check most of the game. The eagles love to blitz and i expect a ton of it tomorrow in the home opener and the rams offensive line should struggle and which will force bulger into some careless throws. The eagles also have the big home run hitter westbrook who should do well against a bad rams D. I know over a TD is a lot to lay but i dont think the line is an issue in a eagles blowout. Eagles -8Arz/SF +2.5- These teams mirror each other, except the cards have better wideouts the 49ers have a better overall defense. The 49ers have solid depth and talent at WR and it looks like Josh Morgan could be the big play WR that the 49ers have been missing for quite some time. Frank Gore should be solid like usual, and JT O'Sullivan has impressed me espically with his deep passes. This game is a toss up but I'll take the home team gettin points. SF +2.5I dont like the late games all that much now that indy is a 10-10.5 fav. I do think they can win by this margin i just want to see thier offense in action with all the injuries before i back them. Good Luck to all.
College has been semi kind to me, i enjoy breaking it down much more than pro.My game analysis
5-2, Off to a good start, not sure what im playing if anything tonight but i am leaning toward GB.Brady- This is obv a huge blow to the pats but i think as a bettor this is a great opportunity to turn NE into a play "on" team instead of a fade team. The reason is that the public will few this as a season ender for the pats and want to bet against them anytime they can. It will probably be reflected in the lines as early as next week. Look for some generous numbers the pats might be getting. This is still a solid team, and i believe the pats will rally around Cassel.

4 -1 up 16 units on the seasonEasy picking so far.I'll take my usual NCAA bath before long though.Tonight...going over the 37.5 and leaning toward the Vikes but not sure on that yet.NVM... not gonna play the Vikes... just the totals

I'd like to thank that game for breaking me even on the week.
Yeah, that game allowed me to turn a small NFL profit. I have a bad feeling I'm going to be +40x on the year for NFL, and stuck 40 in college. This week's NFL card is hilarious. Some of these lines are awesome. Maybe I should start NFL wk.2 now. Okay. I'll do that.