I will be heading out to Vegas either Monday or Tuesday of next week and staying through the Labor Day Weekend. Wanted to check and see if any other FCPers will be in town for the week/weekend. I will be playing primarily at the Venetian on the 1-2 and 2-5 tables, might mix in a tourney or two between there and Ceasers. Got a room at the newly renovated Riviera for the 1st 4 nights and then heading to the MGM for the remainder. Hope to see some of you out there.

The Venetian has a great poker room -- but in my opinion the solftest games at at the smaller places that get less traffic - the Riveria itself for example, and the Stratosphere. Both allow people to buy in real short, so you battle a lot of small stacks that have no clue, but for the most part their money is a dead as can be. Take my word for it. Play a late night session at the Strat, and watch the parade of donks donate to the table.

The Venetian has a great poker room -- but in my opinion the solftest games at at the smaller places that get less traffic - the Riveria itself for example, and the Stratosphere. Both allow people to buy in real short, so you battle a lot of small stacks that have no clue, but for the most part their money is a dead as can be. Take my word for it. Play a late night session at the Strat, and watch the parade of donks donate to the table.
TBH I think this is not something you want. I'd rather play bad big stacks.
Late night session at the IP.
Going to play the IP Sunday night 3 - 6, dealers choice mixed game. They rotate like 9 different games with 1 orbit of each including such crowd favorites as 3-2-1 Omaha and 4 card crazy pineapple with an ocean. Games are a blast and you can make some money if you play them correctly. The Omaha game has 3 flops, 2 turns and 1 river. The Crazy Pineapple you discard 1 card on flop, 1 card on turn and after the river you get an ocean card. Everyone is chasing and premium hands will rake big pots.

Make sure you fill your gas tank in Grand Junction because after that there is hundreds of miles of nothing. (except beautiful and unique Utah landscape)A few years ago I drove across the country from Maine to California, and the final leg was Vail, CO to Orange County. When we stopped at rest stops in Utah I didn't really feel safe. It would be so easy to get robbed and killed there. I think I saw one police car while driving through the entire state of Utah.

TBH I think this is not something you want. I'd rather play bad big stacks.
All things being equal, of course youd rather play poor players wid huge wads of dough in front of them. But, at least in my very limited experience, I found that these smaller places offered the best overall chances of winning. On another day the Venitian might be a gold mine, I don't know.