Alright, well this hand was played between my brother and I; we both disagree on what to actually do in this hand, and I thought this would cause a decent discussion hand. Both hero and villain play a TAG game; villain is a bit more aggro than hero, but doesn't usually put his money in without something good. Hero: 5200Villain: 4800Hero is on the button with Qc Jc, raises to 150. Villain calls. Flop comes out: Ac 5d 2cVillain Checks. Hero bets out 300. Villain raises to 700. Hero reraises to 1700. Villain insta-ships. Hero? How do people like this hand play? I'm actually the villain in this hand, I will post what I later and see if everything played right?

Hero's semi-bluff is fine. The A scare card probably didnt hit villain, or at least not hard enough to raise. Unfortunately he does raise. Reraising at that point is suicidal unless you have an amazing read that he's trying to steal the pot. Call the 400 raise, youve got almost the expressed odds to see the turn. If its a blank give up the hand. Villain almost certainly has a made hand, anywhere from Aces up to a straight.

I would add to the discussion but some of my friends on here say I agree with Coppernicus too much... so, seeing as I agree with him I will not say anything else. Sigh, I guess I can not comment on hands until Copper is wrong again and I can prove it.

Re-raise folding is pretty bad, so definitely call now he's shipped it in, you should have made that decision when you chose to re-raise.As for the re-raise itself, it basically all depends on the player. If he's weak tight enough that you can get him to fold a medium ace(that he might play this way), then i'm all for it given that he rarely shows up with AK/AQ. And if he's aggressive enough that he can be bluff-raising this flop fairly frequently then I don't mind it either. However, If he's bluffing a decent %, then I think flatting his flop raise and shoving over a turn bet allows you to represent a stronger more believable range than 3-betting the flop does.

I think Hero should just be calling the raise to 700, as the raise is invitational for a strong draw or made hand to shove like that. It feels like a very strong move by the villain and I'm fairly sure V isn't on a flush draw, mosre likely an A with a str8 draw, possibly a set.

Re-raise folding is pretty bad, so definitely call now he's shipped it in, you should have made that decision when you chose to re-raise.
Exactly. The reraise has to have purpose, so hero can't really fold now. If the hero decided that he wanted a push, get it in, but I highly doubt he wanted to see a shove here. I'd flat the raise, re-evaluate after the turn (ie. pray for flush).
Re-raise folding is pretty bad, so definitely call now he's shipped it in, you should have made that decision when you chose to re-raise.
Committing more chips after (because of) making a mistake doesnt make follwoing through a good move, unless your mistake already made you ridiculously pot committed. It doesnt matter whether the reraise was right or wrong, those chips are in the pot. I cant see a realistic range for villain for calling here to be heavily +EV and shipping here is not automatic.
Both hero and villain play a TAG game; villain is a bit more aggro than hero, but doesn't usually put his money in without something good.
Isn't this a sign to not reraise after he raised you?
I would add to the discussion but some of my friends on here say I agree with Coppernicus too much... so, seeing as I agree with him I will not say anything else. Sigh, I guess I can not comment on hands until Copper is wrong again and I can prove it.
LOLFlat call the reraise.As played meh, if you're priced in call.I reckon he shows up with A5, 55 and 22 a lot here.
LOLFlat call the reraise.As played meh, if you're priced in call.I reckon he shows up with A5, 55 and 22 a lot here.
Thats the issue...are you priced in? If you fold you have 33% of the chips and reasonably low blinds, so your tourney equity is about 33%. Are you 33% to win this hand? Its probably very close, since you have to factor in that he could be on a K flush draw. So if its break even EV do you end it here or play on? I guess it comes down to whether you think youre better than him or not.

Well this HU match, is no blind increase, 25/50.Hero still has a good amount behind him to be able to still play reasonable, correct? Alright, now for villain, (my hand): I had 5c3c, I'm guessing I played it fine, just wanting a line check

Well this HU match, is no blind increase, 25/50.Hero still has a good amount behind him to be able to still play reasonable, correct? Alright, now for villain, (my hand): I had 5c3c, I'm guessing I played it fine, just wanting a line check
very well played, imo. What did "hero" do?

I like pf and the bet on the flop by hero, but don't like the rr to 1700... My standard line is probably just to shove all my chips in trying to get him to lay down a weakish ace, or of course get lucky if he calls. If I give him credit for a good ace, or a made hand he is willing to go with then obviously just calling the raise on the flop is the right move... but this also lets you get outplayed if he's willing to fire a big bluff on the turn with air or a worse fd and you have to fold, which would be a horrible scenario for you; so I think 3-bet shoving is the correct hu play here in general.As played it's simply a math problem. Hero has to call 3100, and 6800 is in the pot, so hero needs to be roughly at least 31% on avg to make this call, and if you have the full 9 outs with no re-draws against then you are more than that... Hero should probably gamble here imo... There is a non-negligible chance that villain could be doing this with a worse flush draw or a hand like 54 if he is aggressive enough.I only fold here if I think villain is a weak player and I will be able to outplay him easily and don't need to gamble... I also might fold here if villain is super-tight and only does this with at least an Ace (never semi-bluffs). But with your description of villain, I think it's a call.