Tp Facing Pot Sized Donk Bet

Never seen this guy before, but so far in the tourney he seems pretty poor. He does stupid things like open raise for 10BB and min bet flop/turn/river with a set. He has ~1400 and I have him covered.third level, blinds at 15/30. Hero has seen one non BB flop and won it with a straight. Though I doubt this guy takes notice of anything past his own cardsSo I'm on the button with ATs, it folds to me and I raise to 90, villan calls from BB.Flop comes A96 with 2 hearts. Pot is at 195.Villan bets 195(quickly). Hero???I'll assume most people are at least calling here, so if you raise, do you call a shove, and if you call, what do you do if he pots the turn? What if we have a weaker ace? what about a stronger one?It's a weird situation that I havent really come across much. I hate to get into a big pot with such an average hand especially early on.

Never seen this guy before, but so far in the tourney he seems pretty poor. He does stupid things like open raise for 10BB and min bet flop/turn/river with a set. He has ~1400 and I have him covered.third level, blinds at 15/30. Hero has seen one non BB flop and won it with a straight. Though I doubt this guy takes notice of anything past his own cardsSo I'm on the button with ATs, it folds to me and I raise to 90, villan calls from BB.Flop comes A96 with 2 hearts. Pot is at 195.Villan bets 195(quickly). Hero???I'll assume most people are at least calling here, so if you raise, do you call a shove, and if you call, what do you do if he pots the turn? What if we have a weaker ace? what about a stronger one?It's a weird situation that I havent really come across much. I hate to get into a big pot with such an average hand especially early on.
I am not sure, i think he has an ace here, could be A-J and that could be why he didnt raise (cause he thinks his hand has gotta be better to raise ) you but then again hes a loose player. Do you think he will bet a flush draw ? has he called you Ah plus random and needs runner hearts to win.or does he have A-5 and put you on two paint cards. Or he has an ace and thinks you have a low pocket pair, so he prob has a very weak ace, cause if hes that loose and he would have re-raised you with A-K A-Q I think your good and prehaps hes trying to steal as he thinks your tight, but i am pretty new to the game so i doubt my read is right What was buyin for tourney ?
With top pair and decent kicker, plus a nut flush draw, i am raising here all day long, and insta calling shove. That is just my opinion, but from what you are saying, it (10 bb raises etc), it seems that he is just another agro donk. I do not know what is the level of this tourney (buy in and similar), but if it is anything with smaller buy in, than there is really nothing to think about - shove and add those 1400 chips to your stack. Even if he got lucky and flopped the set, you are still not that, and AK, QK from the player like that would most likely come reraising PF, so definitely raise there.

I agree. Raise the flop and find out where you are in the hand. Make a raise of 2.5x his bet so you do not make it too tough to fold. I see this alot where donk idiots lead out, get raised, and go all in and get called when all they have is middle pair. Don't try and overthink playing against donks. Advanced poker strategy is not in play against idiots.

If we suspect this is a c-bet or a bluff: How many hands has this player shown down, and what has he shown down? How did those hands hit the flop and how did he bet them? How often does this player bet the flop, and does he bet that quickly? What kind of flops? How often does he call a PF raise, and would this villain call with a weak ace? A9, A6, AK-AJ, 99, 66 has us beat barring the 10 coming on turn/river. What hands besides these does this villain call us with?

What is your stack..How can any of you guys answer this question without that info? Assuming you have about t1700, I probably raise and call a shove, based on the image you have provided for the villain..Calling and bet/shoving a blank turn ain't bad either

If we suspect this is a c-bet or a bluff: How many hands has this player shown down, and what has he shown down? How did those hands hit the flop and how did he bet them? How often does this player bet the flop, and does he bet that quickly? What kind of flops? How often does he call a PF raise, and would this villain call with a weak ace? A9, A6, AK-AJ, 99, 66 has us beat barring the 10 coming on turn/river. What hands besides these does this villain call us with?
From my experience, idiots who open raise 10x and min bets sets repop hands like AK AQ and sometimes AJ wayyyyy too big..thus they don't flat and pot it when they hit..Therefore we are ahead...If they flop two pair, they usually c/r min...I hope this isn't one of the ten times the villain took this line with a big ace and Hero posted this, as a thinly disguised cooler..that would be really gay
What was buyin for tourney ?
Its in title.. $5.50
Am I missing something. OP says ATs, then flop has "two hearts" . Does it ever say the "s" is hearts?
Sorry I didnt say, my suited wasnt hearts, would have been easy if it was :club:
What is your stack..How can any of you guys answer this question without that info? Assuming you have about t1700, I probably raise and call a shove, based on the image you have provided for the villain..Calling and bet/shoving a blank turn ain't bad either
I have about 1650.
I hope this isn't one of the ten times the villain took this line with a big ace and Hero posted this, as a thinly disguised cooler..that would be really gay
Worry not, it isnt.
Its in title.. $5.50 sorrySorry I didnt say, my suited wasnt hearts, would have been easy if it was :)I have about 1650.Worry not, it isnt.
I reckon A-6 or 66 werid that he bets it though