New Hammond Horseshoe Poker Room

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A guy I used to work with called me yesterday and says that he has two free vouchers for $500 tournaments. Does this sound right? He says he doesn't go all that often, but they just gave these to him. He wants to give them to me to play cause he doesn't know how to play poker and then go 50/50...are they transferrable and do such vouchers exist?

A guy I used to work with called me yesterday and says that he has two free vouchers for $500 tournaments. Does this sound right? He says he doesn't go all that often, but they just gave these to him. He wants to give them to me to play cause he doesn't know how to play poker and then go 50/50...are they transferrable and do such vouchers exist?
IN for the second voucher

I am working Monday and I have not heard of such vouchers. Is he a high roller? Make sure you find me when you get there so I can get you in quicker if there is a list. You're a 3/6 limit guy right Jeff?????? :club:

I am working Monday and I have not heard of such vouchers. Is he a high roller? Make sure you find me when you get there so I can get you in quicker if there is a list. You're a 3/6 limit guy right Jeff?????? :club:
unless you think theyll spread something smaller :ts

Hey Mjinx got a e-mail from the WPT they are doing a Tournament training camp in Chicago April 4,5/09 this year I was shocked that it wasn't at your place. It's at some Hotel by the airport.Location: Chicago http://www.starwoodhotels.com/sheraton/pro...l?propertyID=40 Sheraton Gateway Suites / 6501 North Mannheim Road Rosemont, IL 60018 Call 847-699-6300 Trainer(s): T.J. Cloutier Rick Fuller Crispin Leyser Jules Leyser Did you hear of this or did anyone know of this?http://www.wptbootcamp.com/index.php?fn=14&id=240

Heres the stats for the first $1500 Fluff.125 people $175,000 prize pool and $50,700 for first. Paid top 14 places with 14th being $3,500.It ended at 1am, so 13 hours. A total of 52 seats were given away. Wasn't working so I don't know if anyone you know cashed. I'll let you know later.

Hey Mjinx got a e-mail from the WPT they are doing a Tournament training camp in Chicago April 4,5/09 this year I was shocked that it wasn't at your place. It's at some Hotel by the airport.Location: Chicago http://www.starwoodhotels.com/sheraton/pro...l?propertyID=40 Sheraton Gateway Suites / 6501 North Mannheim Road Rosemont, IL 60018 Call 847-699-6300 Trainer(s): T.J. Cloutier Rick Fuller Crispin Leyser Jules Leyser Did you hear of this or did anyone know of this?http://www.wptbootcamp.com/index.php?fn=14&id=240
We will not have any WPT events since we are a WSOP/Harrahs company.
  • 2 weeks later...

NEW PROMO Starting February 16-March 16th the top 99 players with the most hours played will get to play in a $150,000 freeroll tournament. 99th place pays $500 and it goes up from there. This is only for the promo dollar raked games(1/2&2/5nl and 10/20 limit and below)Kurt with that no job thingy this should be right up your alley. You should be able to easily get 60hours of live play in a week.

Heres the stats for the first $1500 Fluff.125 people $175,000 prize pool and $50,700 for first. Paid top 14 places with 14th being $3,500.It ended at 1am, so 13 hours. A total of 52 seats were given away. Wasn't working so I don't know if anyone you know cashed. I'll let you know later.
Thanks for the info. The guy who set over set in a rred pot but didn't stack me in the $1,500 tourney ended up winning.
NEW PROMO Starting February 16-March 16th the top 99 players with the most hours played will get to play in a $150,000 freeroll tournament. 99th place pays $500 and it goes up from there. This is only for the promo dollar raked games(1/2&2/5nl and 10/20 limit and below)Kurt with that no job thingy this should be right up your alley. You should be able to easily get 60hours of live play in a week.
What do you mean about 99th paying $500?
Thanks for the info. The guy who set over set in a rred pot but didn't stack me in the $1,500 tourney ended up winning.
Ken Norman-Ex NBA guy. Baker who plays 5/10 got second
What do you mean about 99th paying $500?
It is a freeroll tourney. Top 99 hours played get in. Whoever finishes 99th in the tourney gets $500 . Have heard that 1st will be $35,000.
It is a freeroll tourney. Top 99 hours played get in. Whoever finishes 99th in the tourney gets $500 . Have heard that 1st will be $35,000.
Yeah, I just figured it out. That's pretty sweet.Think anyone can estimate how many hours it'll take? Even if I play a ton, it's usually only gonna be from like 8-9am until probably 3pm.
  • 2 weeks later...

LOL Sam Grizzle has been playing this week at the Shoe and he was heads up for the $500 tourney win when I left. He's just a goof who catches cards. LOL

LOL Sam Grizzle has been playing this week at the Shoe and he was heads up for the $500 tourney win when I left. He's just a goof who catches cards. LOL
lol! :club:

I'm thinking about playing in the Tuesday/Thursday daily $110 tournaments here once a week. What's the typical field size and which day is better? Just trying to get an idea if it's worth the drive or whether I should just go and grind cash games.

I'm thinking about playing in the Tuesday/Thursday daily $110 tournaments here once a week. What's the typical field size and which day is better? Just trying to get an idea if it's worth the drive or whether I should just go and grind cash games.
It seems like we have a better turnout for the Thursdays. Been averaging around 125 but we got 164 2 weeks ago Thursday.
LOL Sam Grizzle has been playing this week at the Shoe and he was heads up for the $500 tourney win when I left. He's just a goof who catches cards.
FYI He chopped heads up and they played for the $1500 seat which he won. So he will be there again this weekend.

well I got my surgical date, so now I can plan a date to make it out to Chi town most likely around my pre surg appt. I have to Be in Michigan on March 25 7:30 am, so some time that afternoon - early evening I can be in town. I will look into were I will be staying. Would like to head home on the Friday or Saturday as I do need to get things ready for that surgical day. It will be up in the air for Vegas as it will be 5-6 weeks post surgery so I am hoping I will be up to it. Let you know closer to the day