Cane,I'm not pointing out everything you feel (like Anwr), but pointing out my opposition to the other sideWhose fault is it when a greater prorportion of taxes are paid by the top 20% of wage earners, yet the poor keep wanting the rich to pay more?Reallocation doesn't work. Tax Revenues were strong over the last few yr, Congress, with Bush consent, spent too much.I blame Karl Rove. He told Bush to sign off on Education, Farming, HealthCare bills, to solidify the Republican chances in '04.Called "triagularization" This nuetralized major democratic issues. Of course it also alienated Conservative; but we weren't going to vote democrat.good discussionI feel I've laid out my thoughts, and understand yours bettertake the last word...

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cane,I'm not pointing out everything you feel (like Anwr), but pointing out my opposition to the other sideWhose fault is it when a greater prorportion of taxes are paid by the top 20% of wage earners, yet the poor keep wanting the rich to pay more?Reallocation doesn't work. Tax Revenues were strong over the last few yr, Congress, with Bush consent, spent too much.I blame Karl Rove. He told Bush to sign off on Education, Farming, HealthCare bills, to solidify the Republican chances in '04.Called "triagularization" This nuetralized major democratic issues. Of course it also alienated Conservative; but we weren't going to vote democrat.good discussionI feel I've laid out my thoughts, and understand yours bettertake the last word...
no need. this was interesting. I need a break though......I really cant believe there are still more than 3 months until the actual election.
  • 4 weeks later...

I was thinking about something today. Pretty much nobody denies that Obama has fairly limited experience as far as higher political positions. The debate is obviosuly over whether or not this matters.With all the so called "World Wide Hype" over Obama, do you think it could possibly be that the other countries who maybe don't want the U.S. to be the lone superpower anymore, want someone in the office they think they can manipulate and that won't take military action?A lot of what the president does and says militarily is for future deterrent, so countries will be afraid to tangle with us or our allies.Thoughts?

I was thinking about something today. Pretty much nobody denies that Obama has fairly limited experience as far as higher political positions. The debate is obviosuly over whether or not this matters.With all the so called "World Wide Hype" over Obama, do you think it could possibly be that the other countries who maybe don't want the U.S. to be the lone superpower anymore, want someone in the office they think they can manipulate and that won't take military action?A lot of what the president does and says militarily is for future deterrent, so countries will be afraid to tangle with us or our allies.Thoughts?
seriously, lmao.please be a level, please be a level, please be a level, please be a level,
Even if it were some kind of strategic advantage to other countries for us to have a bad president (is it really??) that is really not why the average person in a Berlin crowd likes Obama.
Even if it were some kind of strategic advantage to other countries for us to have a bad president (is it really??) that is really not why the average person in a Berlin crowd likes Obama.
I was not putting it in here because of the crowd. I just felt this was the most applicable thread, and didn't want to start a new one. I was referring to the notion that some people believe the leaders of other countries really want Obama to be our next pres., which is speculatory IMO.
I was not putting it in here because of the crowd. I just felt this was the most applicable thread, and didn't want to start a new one. I was referring to the notion that some people believe the leaders of other countries really want Obama to be our next pres., which is speculatory IMO.
I see. Well, I'm sure they want someone who is less confrontational/belligerent and willing to work together with them. I don't know about thinking they can manipulate him though; I think the whole point is wanting someone who views foreign policy less as a manipulation game and more as a cooperation challenge.
A lot of what the president does and says militarily is for future deterrent, so countries will be afraid to tangle with us or our allies.Thoughts?
There are better ways to maintain your position as global leader than through fear and intimidation. Leading by example is a much more effective strategy. Backed up by the strongest military in the world helps.
seriously, lmao.please be a level, please be a level, please be a level, please be a level,
I see. Well, I'm sure they want someone who is less confrontational/belligerent and willing to work together with them. I don't know about thinking they can manipulate him though; I think the whole point is wanting someone who views foreign policy less as a manipulation game and more as a cooperation challenge.
What made me thing of this is Putin said recently that he believes the US has manipulated Georgia into causing this conflict so one party will get in over the other. It does not take rocket scientist LLY to know he is talking about the Republican party. I am making the assumption that he would rather have Obama in there, because there would be less of a chance of Military conflict.EDIT: Some of you are so dense it is amazing.
What made me thing of this is Putin said recently that he believes the US has manipulated Georgia into causing this conflict so one party will get in over the other. It does not take rocket scientist LLY to know he is talking about the Republican party. I am making the assumption that he would rather have Obama in there, because there would be less of a chance of Military conflict.
When the whole Russia conflict happened this conspiracy theory did occur to me. Funny to hear Putin say it now.
EDIT: Some of you are so dense it is amazing.
What is this about?
Slapstick, thinking that this is such an asinine idea.
Given Putin's ludicrous accusation that the US (Republicans) orchestrated the Georgian conflict - your "conspiracy theory" is not nearly as outlandish as most. At a minimum, it is clear to me that hostile foreign governments are acutely aware of and want to interfere with the US election to the point of influencing it in favor of BHO.
Ok serious answer then:Sorry but this is so ridiculous, when has any political leader of any country jumped behind Obama? Not one. So if you are stating the population of all the countries are rooting for Obama just so their governments can manipulate them is nothing short of retarded.The support of Obama is not speculative. The whole 100,000 people at Berlin should put that to rest.Nobody likes Bush outside of the US, just in case you need me to clarify its not because he is such an amazing leader that they want him to leave, most countries of the world knew Iraq was a bad unfair idea, even Australia's defense minister admitted they only enter for advantages on oil.Also everyone knows how messed up America is and noone expected Obama to ever make it this far. 8% of people polled in America say they would be uncomfortable voting him in because of his skin colour, and thats the honest ones.Obama is history and a lot of people support him purely and superficially for this, thats it, the majority of the world wants Obama in.The fact, that when no world leader has put his preference behind either candidate, you can suggest people are rooting for Obama so he will be weak is one of the most outlandish comments ever. Especially when you say a post or 2 later that you doubt world supports him. So you doubt the world wants him to win, but if they do its because they think hes weak. Hi Close minded friend.Travel more imo
Ok serious answer then:Sorry but this is so ridiculous, when has any political leader of any country jumped behind Obama? Not one. So if you are stating the population of all the countries are rooting for Obama just so their governments can manipulate them is nothing short of retarded.The support of Obama is not speculative. The whole 100,000 people at Berlin should put that to rest.Nobody likes Bush outside of the US, just in case you need me to clarify its not because he is such an amazing leader that they want him to leave, most countries of the world knew Iraq was a bad unfair idea, even Australia's defense minister admitted they only enter for advantages on oil.Also everyone knows how messed up America is and noone expected Obama to ever make it this far. 8% of people polled in America say they would be uncomfortable voting him in because of his skin colour, and thats the honest ones.Obama is history and a lot of people support him purely and superficially for this, thats it, the majority of the world wants Obama in.The fact, that when no world leader has put his preference behind either candidate, you can suggest people are rooting for Obama so he will be weak is one of the most outlandish comments ever. Especially when you say a post or 2 later that you doubt world supports him. So you doubt the world wants him to win, but if they do its because they think hes weak. Hi Close minded friend.Travel more imo
You completely misinterpreted my post. I only put it in this thread because I thought it applicable, not because I think that people care. I don't care what the residents of Germany think of him. I care what the leader of Germany thinks of him. I do not know if any politician from another country has backed him or not, I was speaking in hypotheticals, based on what Putin said today or yesterday or whenever it was. Maybe its my fault for not elaborating more in the OP, but I am at work and I cannot always spend 5-10 minutes constructing a really long detailed post, I assumed you would get what I meant, I was incorrect.I still think there may be some validity to what I was alluding to. And how is this closed minded?
You completely misinterpreted my post. I only put it in this thread because I thought it applicable, not because I think that people care. I don't care what the residents of Germany think of him. I care what the leader of Germany thinks of him. I do not know if any politician from another country has backed him or not, I was speaking in hypotheticals, based on what Putin said today or yesterday or whenever it was. Maybe its my fault for not elaborating more in the OP, but I am at work and I cannot always spend 5-10 minutes constructing a really long detailed post, I assumed you would get what I meant, I was incorrect.I still think there may be some validity to what I was alluding to. And how is this closed minded?
ok we're obviously on different waves. I just got back from a party so I'll give it a rest for now
There are better ways to maintain your position as global leader than through fear and intimidation. Leading by example is a much more effective strategy. Backed up by the strongest military in the world helps.
Didn't you just contradict yourself? Lead by example but backed up by the fear and intimidation of the worlds strongest military?

cmon guys, be fair. You cant stop anyone from endorsing you. Its obvious that any enemy of the US would want an inexperienced/anti-war POTUS and military strategy buffoon as CIC. BHO is vulnerable enough with regard to associations with Wright and Ayers that a drive by from Hamas doesnt need to stick.

He's solved his Israel/Jewish problems (if there ever were any) with Biden.
along those lines people say he shored up the Catholic vote too. But that make no sense to me. "Catholics" who vote for Obama because Biden is Catholic, are not Biden supporters because he's Catholic. Make sense? Biden is Pro Choice. Catholics who care if you are Catholic, are not going to go with a Pro Choicer
cmon guys, be fair. You cant stop anyone from endorsing you. Its obvious that any enemy of the US would want an inexperienced/anti-war POTUS and military strategy buffoon as CIC. BHO is vulnerable enough with regard to associations with Wright and Ayers that a drive by from Hamas doesnt need to stick.
If only more media outlets would cover it.
along those lines people say he shored up the Catholic vote too. But that make no sense to me. "Catholics" who vote for Obama because Biden is Catholic, are not Biden supporters because he's Catholic. Make sense? Biden is Pro Choice. Catholics who care if you are Catholic, are not going to go with a Pro ChoicerIf only more media outlets would cover it.
I dont see how Biden helps at all with the Catholic vote, I agree.Media wont cover it until/if JSM makes an issue of it. He may stay away from Wright because of the racism accusations and away from Ayers because the association isnt perceived as close enough to be damning.