i need your opinion please

Is the saying "If its good enough to call, you gotta be in there raising" a saying for limit poker players to live by?Jamosom
honestly, i don't ever play limit but i'd agree for the most part. like every form of poker more judgement is based on your table rather than your cards. but in a ring game that doesn't seem to be a bad overall strategy. and for all those who will obviously agree with this assesment, yes, i too can thing of hundreds of reasons why this strategy is not sound is many circumstances. but generally, tight play in limit works out in the long-run.

I agree, if your hand is good enough to call a raise with you should raise before someone else has a chance.

an interesting comment that chris ferguson makes on his site is that you should never be the first to limp into a pot. i.e., if 3 fold to you, either raise or fold. he then goes on to say: "This tactic makes it more difficult for your opponents to read your hand, and it makes it impossible for the big blind to ever see a flop for free when you're in the hand."plus there is always something to be said for constantly putting pressure on your opponents in a limit game. dave.

As a very general rule, that's very solid advice.But ONLY as a very general rule. There are plenty of times when you're going to want to take one off without putting any more bets in the pot. If you've got a big draw, for example, and don't think you're going to be able to buy yourself a free card or if you're terribly out of position, there's nothing wrong with checking and calling to build a pot.Don't rely on ANY rules more than you need to.Ice

an interesting comment that chris ferguson makes on his site is that you should never be the first to limp into a pot. i.e., if 3 fold to you, either raise or fold. he then goes on to say: "This tactic makes it more difficult for your opponents to read your hand, and it makes it impossible for the big blind to ever see a flop for free when you're in the hand."plus there is always something to be said for constantly putting pressure on your opponents in a limit game. dave.
I would say its a good idea to put pressure on your opponents in every single game you play and every single hand you can.Think about the original NL Holdem Super/System advice - always be raising - pick up the small pots and then you're freerolling the large one. What I'm trying to say is that attacking poker should be the norm in any betting structure. Please note that I am NOT discussing tightness and hand selection standards. But anytime you are in a pot, you want to be initiating the pressure.