• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then why has he not signed with them yet and why is Vancouver still even considered to be in the running?
Rangers are in the process of creating cap space to accomodate him
Rangers are in the process of creating cap space to accomodate him
I'm just wondering who they are gonna move. Prucha and a few smaller contracts or Gomez or Drury? If its Gomes or Drury who can or would really take on their salaries? I mean Vancouver could but if they did that means they for sure don't get Sundin and are stuck with a multi year contract they may not want. Or is it likely Sundin will sign for a couple of million if its New York and if in the end he decides to sign with Vancouver will he take the 10 million? If he truely wants to go to New York but they can't clear very much cap space is he still gonna sign but for less then what he wants?Also, I as well think he doesn't have a good shot at winning the cup in New York. With or without him I think they will slide down the standings.

Bob McCown has gone on record as saying that it will be announced Mats is going to New York...Its a done deal, and like Chris says they are just clearing up cap space..As a long time Mats admirer and supporter, I approve this decision, and I wish him the best and I will definetely cheer for the Rangers to win the Cup this year...

Many many sources reporting the rangers are the choice. Even those close to him say NY....
ie: he wants to sign in NY but just in case they can't make it work cap-wise he would like to save face while cashing the Canuck's $20m cheque.

Sundin is one of those guys that always seems to score against the Pens. Him being on the Rangers would not be a good thing. Here's to hoping for the groin injury Monkey predicted and also that they have to really butcher their current team just to fit him under the cap.

We'll know tomorrow where he's going. Ideally, he'd agree to go to the Rangers for almost no money so we don't have to dismantle our team. I have no idea what's actually going to happen. Should be interesting.

We'll know tomorrow where he's going. Ideally, he'd agree to go to the Rangers for almost no money so we don't have to dismantle our team. I have no idea what's actually going to happen. Should be interesting.
It will be interesting..I heard one rumour today that the Rangers will trade Roszival to the Stars for Avery, then demote Avery to the AHL and voila instead cap room...I would think the big guns like Drury, Naslund, Zherdev, Gomez , Redden and Lundqvist arent going anywhere...Its interesting.
I see a groin injury by late January.
With all the Sundin talk , no one has commented on the news that Peter Forsberg has said he would like to play in the NHL for the 2009 playoffs..This is getting really silly and the NHL needs to implement a rule...If you arent signed to an NHL contract by a certain date, say Nov 15 or Dec 1, then you arent allowed to compete in the playoffs...
I wonder if Forsberg will make the HOF. The guy is only 35 short and injury plagued career yet he accomplished so much.
its a tough argument..in his prime, he was one of the most dominant players in the game...An Elite power forward..But the last 5 years of his career he is day to day...I think he is healthy he is a shoo in to the HOF..but not sure now..His career totals are :706 249 636 885 Then you look at Cam Neely who made it:726 395 299 694 Similar game played, much more goals but less pts..Interesting argument that has been out there for a while.

Then you look at Cam Neely who made itAs soon as this name is mentioned Ray is on the scene. I think he has a Cam Neely alert on his computer.User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)2 Members: pezeveng, troyomac

Then you look at Cam Neely who made itAs soon as this name is mentioned Ray is on the scene. I think he has a Cam Neely alert on his computer.User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)2 Members: pezeveng, troyomac
Cam Neely was so flipping good. 50 goals in 44 games! Kick his ass, Cebass!
It will be interesting..I heard one rumour today that the Rangers will trade Roszival to the Stars for Avery, then demote Avery to the AHL and voila instead cap room...I would think the big guns like Drury, Naslund, Zherdev, Gomez , Redden and Lundqvist arent going anywhere...Its interesting.
I would move Naslund or Redden if it meant getting Sundin for two years. The others are off limits as far as I am concerned
I would move Naslund or Redden if it meant getting Sundin for two years. The others are off limits as far as I am concerned
its the whole point of Sundin going to the Rangers because partly to play with Naslund??
With all the Sundin talk , no one has commented on the news that Peter Forsberg has said he would like to play in the NHL for the 2009 playoffs..This is getting really silly and the NHL needs to implement a rule...If you arent signed to an NHL contract by a certain date, say Nov 15 or Dec 1, then you arent allowed to compete in the playoffs...
The Forsberg situation is immensely different from Sundin's. Forsberg is injured, for one, and nobody is going to sign him until they know he can play.
Many many sources reporting the rangers are the choice. Even those close to him say NY....
ie: he wants to sign in NY but just in case they can't make it work cap-wise he would like to save face while cashing the Canuck's $20m cheque.
Canucks = sloppy seconds

Tidbit: Sundin indicated his first choice was the Rangers. Sather was negotiating with Sundin. Finally, at the request of the coaches and players not to break up the team, Sather went to Barry (agent) and told him that the Rangers were unwilling to destroy their team chemistry by moving someone significant. However, they would still love to have Sundin, and could make some minor moves to clear 2 million in salary for the balance of the season for Mats. Would he consider being a final piece of the playoff puzzle for 2 million, allowing the Rangers to keep a strong core AND add Sundin? Answer? No. Mats took the money.

Tidbit: Sundin indicated his first choice was the Rangers. Sather was negotiating with Sundin. Finally, at the request of the coaches and players not to break up the team, Sather went to Barry (agent) and told him that the Rangers were unwilling to destroy their team chemistry by moving someone significant. However, they would still love to have Sundin, and could make some minor moves to clear 2 million in salary for the balance of the season for Mats. Would he consider being a final piece of the playoff puzzle for 2 million, allowing the Rangers to keep a strong core AND add Sundin? Answer? No. Mats took the money.
I don't mind players chasing the money. I mind players who chase the money and deny it. I've heard it was never about the money with Sundin but I'm not sure if he ever said that.I do know that if I were a Leaf fan I would be extremely pissed at Sundin and would definitely NOT be "cheering" for him. He refused to waive his NTC last season and claimed he didn't want to be a "rental" player and join a team halfway through the season...hmmmm.The Leafs could have got a nice hefty return for Sundin last season.