Breaking Out Of A Slump

Another 2nd and 3rd out of 3 STTs last night but the positive sign is that I seem to be putting myself in a better position to win lately and just suffering some unfortunate outcomes. In the 2nd place finish last night the stacks were close but I lost a bunch when I flopped 2P, called his flop lead, he check-called my turn bet, and then rivered me with a better 2P. A few hands later I push 99 and run into his TT.Similar unfortunate turn of events the day before with another 2nd place finish. Actually had villain on the ropes when he sucked out on the river to get back in it and it completely changed the momentum of the game. I went card dead and he just ran me down.So, two more 2nd place finishes but both due to unfortunate turns of events. Trying to avoid entering HU play down by 4-1 or 5-1 and so far things are looking positive.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good show jmbreslin!I have been keeping tabs on this thread and contrary to a lot of people, I like that you are holding off stepping up in limits until you have the bankroll *and* the confidence in your ability to tackle the higher limit. Cheers,Merby

Interesting strategery. Were you hoping your huge raise would be perceived as weakness not wanting to get called? Did you have a crazy LAG image? Or were you just screwing around?
[ ] all in was a huge raise
i still hate to cbetpush on a 49J board with ak. anyways, i think playing it this way makes no difference with these stack sizes.
Yeh, whatever happens you have ace king and 9BBs, I think we all know what the end result is going to be.
Good show jmbreslin!I have been keeping tabs on this thread and contrary to a lot of people, I like that you are holding off stepping up in limits until you have the bankroll *and* the confidence in your ability to tackle the higher limit. Cheers,Merby
Thanks, Merb. Notice how I'm no longer tracking my bankroll in the thread - I'm now focused on working on my game and will move up when I feel ready (which should be very soon).Stay tuned for the thread sequel, Breaking Out of a Slump II!
Thanks, Merb. Notice how I'm no longer tracking my bankroll in the thread - I'm now focused on working on my game and will move up when I feel ready (which should be very soon).Stay tuned for the thread sequel, Breaking Out of a Slump II!
This is good. When I say, ignore your bankroll, I just mean day to day, week to week, even month to month, if you play a low volume of sngs/hands.But focus heavily on your play. When you bust in a sng or lose a big hand in a cash game, you should review it later to see if you made a bad read, bad play, etc.GL!
This is good. When I say, ignore your bankroll, I just mean day to day, week to week, even month to month, if you play a low volume of sngs/hands.But focus heavily on your play. When you bust in a sng or lose a big hand in a cash game, you should review it later to see if you made a bad read, bad play, etc.GL!