Full Tilt Poker Game #6933362067: The Fifty-Fifty (50960440), Table 102 - 25/50 - No Limit Hold'em - 22:13:08 ET - 2008/06/22Seat 1: slyckrick84 (1,940)Seat 2: 7 bad dingos (3,660)Seat 3: moneycentral (1,670)Seat 4: 47dreamer (1,815)Seat 5: kavena (5,530)Seat 6: DeltaKing54 (3,600)Seat 7: BMORE22 (1,155)Seat 8: OKEAN212 (1,800)Seat 9: POK-E-MON28 (2,785)slyckrick84 posts the small blind of 257 bad dingos posts the big blind of 50The button is in seat #9*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to DeltaKing54 [Jh Jd]moneycentral has 15 seconds left to actmoneycentral folds47dreamer foldskavena foldsDeltaKing54 raises to 200BMORE22 foldsOKEAN212 foldsPOK-E-MON28 raises to 2,785, and is all inslyckrick84 folds7 bad dingos foldsDeltaKing54 has 15 seconds left to actDeltaKing54 has requested TIMEThings to consider: Villain lost ~700 last hand. He is also, from what I've noticed, not a very good player. Results in white

[/color]Things to consider: Villain lost ~700 last hand. He is also, from what I've noticed, not a very good player. Results in white
This is enough to make me snapcall. At worst this a race, but can quite easily be <TT.

I'd probably call off your read. Without a read, just from my own experience with weird shoves, its almost exclusively a pocket pair or AK. Usually a pocket pair on the good side (for you) of TT. Oh and uh convert (check sticky topic) hands, and never post results. Before you get yelled at.

My thoughts were that this was 95% AK and a lower pair about 5% of the time. (*these percentages may or may not be bullshit*) Is it correct tournament strategy to call with this in mind? I had about double the starting stack at that time.

It's pretty callable, particularly as good players will generally not make this play. I mean, who the eff raises a pot like that unless it's a turbo donkament? No value in it...

lol i'm mad at pocket jacks right now so i say fold. 3 times in a 45 man 5$ sit n go on stars i had this play out exactly. i raise 4 bbs with pocket jacks, later position shoves, i call. shover turns over aces. 3 times in the same tourney all with 3 different people.lol but i think the right play is to call. i'd say villians range should be something like 88+ aq and ak. though aq i would say is the absolute rock bottom of his range. though maby KQ suited if hes mentally handicapped when it comes to poker.