June 13, Wsop Event 26, $1500 Razz, 5pm Start

deerekho... i wasnt saying abused in the sense that the other players are outplaying him... i was meaning... "verbally abused" etc.
oh i know you meant he's getting needled.just saying losing 8bb is not that unusual.
oh i know you meant he's getting needled.just saying losing 8bb is not that unusual.
haha im playing hte razz msop and i lost double that in 5 mins.and im not too bad at the game.
haha im playing hte razz msop and i lost double that in 5 mins.and im not too bad at the game.
bad beat, i went on my computer just as it started. obv missed it, but gl.
the thing is 8 bets is a third of his stack, while it would be typical in a deeper tourney i dont think it should be too typical when it is a third of said persons stack, but i am not one to comment on some ones game

should i update original post about his updates or post new replies whenever i get a message from scottyno?

the thing is 8 bets is a third of his stack, while it would be typical in a deeper tourney i dont think it should be too typical when it is a third of said persons stack, but i am not one to comment on some ones game
not that hard to lose a showdown and then brick a few hands?
should i update original post about his updates or post new replies whenever i get a message from scottyno?
I'd prefer you just let 'em fall where they fall.......kinda keeps the flow going.

8:06 "950 but I should have like 2200 but van alstyne has no fold button and i suck at getting low cards."

9:29 "Out. Played huge pot with juanda with a245 vs. a234 and lose then quadruple up then pick up a34 in another crazy hand and bust obv"

well that was not the way to begin my wsop career.the 2nd hand of the tourney I raised utg with a 346, james van alstyne reraises, i call. I end up showing 63A and he was showing like 764 and I bricked out and he showed an 8x down so that hand cost me 350 chips. The next hand i raised coming in again with 3 to a 6, van alstyne called with a 9 up, some other guy called behind and I think I ended up folding on 5th. So yeah, I did lose a nice chunk of my stack in the first few minutes, but there really wasn't anything I could do. I then opened a few pots with good cards showing, most of the time someone would call me, i would brick they would hit and I would fold 4th. I had 1250 at the break and was in really bad shape. Right after break I won 2 pots without showdown to jump up to 1800, then lost another pot to van alstyne, where a guy opened, i called a raise with (24)7 and james called behind. I hit a 2, james hit a T to go with his 7, and the other guy paired his 5. I bet, james called and other guy mucked. On 5th I hit a jack he hit a queen, i lead he calls. 6th he hits a T and I pair, he bets I puke that he stayed in on 4th and 5th and I couldnt hit anything and fold and im back down to my 1250. From there with limits at 100-200 im looking for any 3 card 7 or better to reraise 3rd and just get it in and hope with. I picked up nothing, getting a 3 card 8 once that i was going to call a raise with, but david levy limped a 9, then the next guy raised a 4 so i had to fold rather than want to play it 3 ways. I got all the way down to about 400 chips because i was getting absolutely nothing. At one point we had a guy who never showed up get picked up, and eskimo clark and about 300 chips joined our table before he quickly busted and we lost another guy. I then had the fortune of seeing jesus and juanda join my table at the exact same time, nice table redraw fill ins for me. I finally picked up like a 862 when i had about 400 chips, shipped it in over a completion and doubled up. I then doubled up again shortly after with a27 vs a46 to give me about 1600 chips. Then came the key hand of my tourney. The guy to my right opened, I find a34 with the 3 up and raise it up, it folds around to juanda in late positon who 3 bets his 2, the initial raiser folds and I call. We both hit 5s, he leads i raise he 3 bets and i 4 bet to put him all in leaving me with 250 chips behind and he turns over a234 (puke). He hits a 7 right away and im drawing super thin and can't suck out and he wins. The next hand I pick up (87)4, raise, guy next to me reraises, van alstyne calls, and I call all in, and I ended up winning the pot to quadruple up to about 1000. Shortly after I pick up a34 again with the 4 up, David Levy opens with a 7, I reraise, guy to my direct left 3 bets with an A, and Jesus 4 bets with a 2, levy folds, I 5 bet, and both call. They both hit 3s and I hit an 8, they both check so I figure maybe im kind of in ok shape, I bet, guy to my left raises (puke), and Jesus 3 bets (super puke), I call all in for my last 75, and the next guy just calls. He hits either a 5 or 6 I forget which, while Jesus and I both brick, and bets and Jesus calls. He then hits the other card 5 or 6 that he didn't hit on 6th and bets, Jesus folds, and guy turns over a23456 and Im of course dead, nh wp way to catch every low card in the deck.I may have pressed a little after I lost the first 2 hands, but I only made 1 kind of dumb play, calling a raise with 678 and getting stuck in the hand when i hit a 5 on 4th vs some other guy showing 2 small cards and being unable to improve except to a 98 when he ended up with a 96. I had 3 to a 6 or better 5 times in the tourney, once I just won the antes, and 4 times I lost. Most of the times I opened pots I got called and bricked out. The Juanda hand was a super sick cooler that played itself and I just got super unlucky for him to be that strong and then to beat me, and then the last hand played itself too and I got super unlucky for there to be 2 other people in there with super strong hands along with me and I couldnt win the 3 way flip.That ****ing sucked but Im pretty happy with the way I played. Pretty much the only good things to happen were that Joe Sebok decided not to play which saved me $100 that I probably would have lost since we had agreed to a last longer if he played, and that Jesus commented that he had never seen a real ftp gold jersey before.**** razz, **** poker, **** the wsop, time to drink and then tilt some more online somewhere.

I"m still proud of ya Scotty! I'm sure most of us only dream of playing in the WSOP one day. I hope the experience (other than not winning a bracelet!) was a good one.Do you plan to play any others?

david levy hand from yesterday: guy opens with a 4, levy calls with a K up and im pretty sure he wasn't even the bring in. boards end up coming 46A3 and K5T4 and levy calls down on every street. On 7th the other guy checks, and levy rolls over an 85 which is good to beat the other guys 86.He also called raises numerous times with 9s and Ts up and ended up winning a lot more of them than he should haveIf he wins this tournament I wont play razz for a month

way to start it off ,maybe the next one will be better cant win em all especially with such a sik card catching game.any other gold jersey comments your leaving out :club:
actually not many people commented on it at all. jkwizzle who I play razz online with found me out in the hallway because he saw the jersey and a couple people on the rail noticed me because of it, but no one at the table mentioned anything about it until jesus and juanda got moved over to our table and jesus congratulated me for winning an ftops event and juanda asked which i had one then said he'd stay out of my way (then took all my chips :ts)oh yeah, and my picture is on pocketfiveslive and there was a hand written up about me on cardplayer because justin shronk got one of the cardplayer reporters to include me which included talk about the jersey, they got the details wrong though, I only had a 96:Good as GoldIt’s almost a certainty that you wouldn’t recognize Scott “scottyno” Novak walking down the street on any normal day, but today is no normal day for Scott. The winner of the FTOPS VII razz event, Novak, basking in his gold champion’s jersey, is playing in one of his first live events. Though he did not get off to the best of starts, this hand against David Levi helped prop him back up.David Levi: 7789Scott Novak: 9328Levi completed with his 7 showing and Novak called. The next card paired Levi, and with a 3 dealt to him, Novak had little choice but to fire into his opponent. Levi called and the pair saw 5th street. Another good card for Novak led him to bet again and, again, Levi called. 6th street saw another sequence of bet-call from the two gentlemen, and on the river Novak tossed out a final bet of 100. Levi called and mucked after Novak showed (6-4-3) for an 8-6-4-3-2 low. The pot helped Novak get back up to 2,300 and dropped Levi down to 2,500.

Congrats to Barry! Nice to see another pro win a bracelet, they've been dominating this year's WSOP! Wonder if Ivey's gonna be next.