***the Official Miami Dolphins 2008-2009 Thread***

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Articles all over the Miami Herald and Sun-Sentinel that John Beck is in very serious danger of being cut. Not traded, outright cut. First off, I told you so. Thats directed at no one in particular (other than Cam Cameron who, apparently, was trying as hard as he could to screw the Dolphins as much as possible). Just another completely wasted early 2nd round pick. At least they have a clear plan.....Chad Pennington is the starter and Chad Henne is the heir apparent. I am worried that the Dolphins have way too many guys named Chad on their squad.

Articles all over the Miami Herald and Sun-Sentinel that John Beck is in very serious danger of being cut. Not traded, outright cut. First off, I told you so. Thats directed at no one in particular (other than Cam Cameron who, apparently, was trying as hard as he could to screw the Dolphins as much as possible). Just another completely wasted early 2nd round pick. At least they have a clear plan.....Chad Pennington is the starter and Chad Henne is the heir apparent. I am worried that the Dolphins have way too many guys named Chad on their squad.
Yep, I've been reading that as well. Thinking of the Dolphins drafts for the past few years (excluding this one for now) makes me cringe. As for the Chads, you can go with "Penny and Henne" as Jeff Ireland seems to enjoy calling them.
Yep, I've been reading that as well. Thinking of the Dolphins drafts for the past few years (excluding this one for now) makes me cringe. As for the Chads, you can go with "Penny and Henne" as Jeff Ireland seems to enjoy calling them.
great so instead of pretentious, waspy first names......we will give them female-sounding nicknames. Goulet! Penny and Henne sounds like a standard new sitcom about single women living in a big city trying to have fun and find love.
Along the lines of Steven Colbert's "Platinum" segments.....I think we should create a few rich people threads like "discuss the best restaurants you have ever visited" and "list the golf courses you have played on that made Golf Digest's Top 100 list" or "the official thread on yachting and nantucket red shorts". Then we can really rub it in the faces of the poor and revel in our snobbery. I wish I could find a Scrooge McDuck swimming in his moneybin graphic. It would really tie this post together.
I saw this in the religion forum. Your parents are rich, not you. Turd. teasing nice job in the political stuff. My advice, ignore Copernicus. He's kinda douchey and brings out the worst in people. Don't waste your breath/typing skills.
last few drafts? Can you name a draft year that we did well in? I think the Jason Taylor pick and Zach Thomas pick was solid, but we either haven't had a 1st round pick or havent' had a first round pick work out since...Marino? Hyperbole? Maybe, but not by much.
pennington and henne both looked good that half. very encouraging.
Definitely. I watched the first half and the offense did look solid. I only hope that once the regular season starts, we knock of the penalties. I figured with the Parcells/Sparano thing, we would become more disciplined. I mean, the Crowder to the QB's helmet was weak, but we still commit too many penalties. If the line does a half decent job, they can be a servicable team. One teams trash is another team's treasure, or at least stop gap. I say that now, but just wait until corner's start jumping out routes on Pennington.
I saw this in the religion forum. Your parents are rich, not you. Turd. teasing nice job in the political stuff. My advice, ignore Copernicus. He's kinda douchey and brings out the worst in people. Don't waste your breath/typing skills.last few drafts? Can you name a draft year that we did well in? I think the Jason Taylor pick and Zach Thomas pick was solid, but we either haven't had a 1st round pick or havent' had a first round pick work out since...Marino? Hyperbole? Maybe, but not by much.Definitely. I watched the first half and the offense did look solid. I only hope that once the regular season starts, we knock of the penalties. I figured with the Parcells/Sparano thing, we would become more disciplined. I mean, the Crowder to the QB's helmet was weak, but we still commit too many penalties. If the line does a half decent job, they can be a servicable team. One teams trash is another team's treasure, or at least stop gap. I say that now, but just wait until corner's start jumping out routes on Pennington.
You'd be surprised (and it is because of a family member but not a parent). I dont pretend for a second that I earned the money though. I know you are right about the political forum.....just had a moment.Henne looks so comfortable in the pocket. So much different than Beck. He is going to be good I can feel it.
last few drafts? Can you name a draft year that we did well in? I think the Jason Taylor pick and Zach Thomas pick was solid, but we either haven't had a 1st round pick or havent' had a first round pick work out since...Marino? Hyperbole? Maybe, but not by much.
Yeah, I gave up after thinking back through the "last few" and just assumed there had to be a good one in there that I just don't remember.
Watched some of the first half. Offense, defense and special teams all looked solid. 16-0 baby. Ok, I'd be thrilled with 8-8
I wouldnt get to excited. You're playing the worst team in the league.I personally hope we go 0-16. I want Timmy Tebow here in KC.
I wouldnt get to excited. You're playing the worst team in the league.I personally hope we go 0-16. I want Timmy Tebow here in KC.
I wasn't serious, but I would like an 8-8 season. I'm not even looking for the playoffs.And yes, KC is terrible and the lesson they should've learned, very few backs, if any, deserve huge money. It's all about the line. LJ was good, but he was a product of a solid offensive line.and Tebow will play all 4 years in college
loooooooooollast year in madden my and my boy did a franchise.. he was SD, i was KC, and i had tebow as my QB. such beastaments

I am thinking the Fish have a good chance at 6 wins. The defense in particular has looked light years better (and light years younger). It is good to have Yeremiah Bell back too. The safety position last year turned into a joke (Cameron Worrell???).I will be in section 145 for the opener. It would be so sweet to get win number one out of the way against the stupid Jets and that drama queen Favre.

I am thinking the Fish have a good chance at 6 wins. The defense in particular has looked light years better (and light years younger). It is good to have Yeremiah Bell back too. The safety position last year turned into a joke (Cameron Worrell???).I will be in section 145 for the opener. It would be so sweet to get win number one out of the way against the stupid Jets and that drama queen Favre.
I'm saying 5 wins. Enjoy the game. It's weird looking forward to a season just because they shouldn't be completely awful again.
I'm saying 5 wins. Enjoy the game. It's weird looking forward to a season just because they shouldn't be completely awful again.
I think they finally have things moving back in the right direction. Thats a good start.