9 Man Sng. Flopped Straight From Bb.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t30 (8 handed) Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)MP2 (t1360)CO (t2200)Button (t1780)Hero (t3140)BB (t1270)UTG (t1290)UTG+1 (t1000)MP1 (t1460)Preflop: Hero is SB with 9heart.gif, Kdiamond.gif. UTG calls t30, 1 fold, MP1 calls t30, 1 fold, CO calls t30, 1 fold, Hero completes, BB checks.Flop: (t150) Jclub.gif, Tdiamond.gif, Qheart.gif(5 players)Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, MP1 bets t240, CO calls t240, Hero raises to t690, BB folds, UTG folds, MP1 calls t450, CO raises to t1140, Hero raises to t3110, MP1 calls t740 (All-In), CO calls t1030 (All-In).Final Pot: t5920thoughts?river and turn blankedonly read i really have (i was being lazy - no HUD up) is that MP1 is a little steamed - and pretty loose.

fold preflop. standard otherwise.
I don't mind the limp PF..Nothing but standard here OP... I mean you can't really expect the villains to call PF with AK, you'd expect they'd raise..

I know we're getting 9-1, I still say fold.I mean, when we limp what are we hoping will happen? Ideally we will flop 2 pair, trips or better, but that's a rare occurrence and when it happens the board will be so dry that chances are we won't get much action. But what if we only flop a single pair? Then the hand just gets confusing, especially if we have to mess around with a single paired king and a weak kicker. There are significant reverse implied odds there, I wouldn't put it past UTG/MP1 to be limping with a hand like KT, KJ, A9, or a low PP that could turn into a set. Any of those hands will get some chips out of us if the board comes K 7 4.In this case the stars aligned and you had the perfect scenario, probably up against 98 or QJ here, but that shouldn't affect our view of the profitability of calling preflop.Even getting 9-1, fold and save yourself the trouble.

I know we're getting 9-1, I still say fold.I mean, when we limp what are we hoping will happen? Ideally we will flop 2 pair, trips or better, but that's a rare occurrence and when it happens the board will be so dry that chances are we won't get much action. But what if we only flop a single pair? Then the hand just gets confusing, especially if we have to mess around with a single paired king and a weak kicker. There are significant reverse implied odds there, I wouldn't put it past UTG/MP1 to be limping with a hand like KT, KJ, A9, or a low PP that could turn into a set. Any of those hands will get some chips out of us if the board comes K 7 4.In this case the stars aligned and you had the perfect scenario, probably up against 98 or QJ here, but that shouldn't affect our view of the profitability of calling preflop.Even getting 9-1, fold and save yourself the trouble.
This and I see lots of people limp with AK early in a sng. Not saying you should play post flop any different, but I don't jump out of my chair if villain tables the nut str8.
Sorry, there isnt any way to justify folding ATC getting 9:1.
So you'd complete 23o here?
^^^^^Additionally, your main concern on the flop is getting as much money into the pot as possible while encouraging modest action.I give you an A+ for your efforts.

i'm guessing you lost since its here, sometimes with low blinds people tend to limnp with high overs. its to the point that i dont play limp pots at all with blinds below 50/100. because i need to define my hand and at least have some idea of what the others have. but honestly i prolly would have done the same thing and just gone broke or taken all there chips. i'm pretty happy to get it in with the second nuts on pretty much any day of the week.and i'm with copern on this one, theres pretty much NO HAND that i'm folding the small blind in this spot with.even hands like 10 2 off are getting plenty of odds to try and hit 2 pair on the flop. just be disciplined enough not to get married to anything you hit. although like i said i'll take the second nut str8 in this spot....and he definately wins that pot more times then he loses. more than enough to make this a profitable play....

btw the flop looks fine to me, CO didnt raise preflop so AK is unlikely. He loves his hand which to me says he has a pair and OESD. Get all the money in before he blanks the turn or hits the idiot end and realizes hes in trouble.

BBFIDTS
if i posted the turn and river it would really seem like a BBFIDTS post (it ran out Qc Kc). besides, is it really a bad beat if i get my money in bad?for anyone who cares, CO had AK, but given the same scenario I think I play the hand exactly the same every time, and that's pretty much the point of the thread. AKA, is this ever a fold (on the flop)? and I still think it isn't...
if i posted the turn and river it would really seem like a BBFIDTS post (it ran out Qc Kc). besides, is it really a bad beat if i get my money in bad?for anyone who cares, CO had AK, but given the same scenario I think I play the hand exactly the same every time, and that's pretty much the point of the thread. AKA, is this ever a fold (on the flop)? and I still think it isn't...
Well seriously, you hit the flop of your dreams here, and your considering folding? As Coper said, CO did not raise, so we can't put him on AK, possible 2 pair, but no AK. So what are you scared of here? You may be able to put UTG or MP on a set of tens (or as you said MP had, some type of two-pair hand) How the hand played, he limped in with AK, more power to him, but regardless, how this hand played out, most players are going to play this hand the same way, everyday of the week and twice on Sunday
without a solid read i never fold the flop. and you would basically have to put your opponent on ak. which would be pretty amazing if you could because theres really no way to credit him with ak limping with that many people.89 would be the most likely thing i would put villian on given the pre flop play.