keeping up this pace?

Ok. I'm reading SSHE per the suggestions of some helpful forum members and I'm on the .05/.10 tables at PokerStars. Well, I've scored 60 big bets in 236 hands. Is this just the positive variance I'm experiencing or is it the "dead money" in the hands that doesn't have much hope.I've played about 33% of the hands, many of those are the "any two suited cards from small blind" suggestion but I guess since I have so many playable hands that would be a sign of a positive variance. I am also actively monitoring the lobby for better tables.My question asked a better way:Has anyone consistently been able to beat these tables at this rate? I'm under the impression the variance will kick in, but maybe it is different for this much dead money.Anyhow, thoughtful, cordial comments/suggestions are welcome.

although i've never kept stats on win rates at such low limits, i have read results where players won at a rate of about 3-5bb/100 at .5/1.the win rate at your limit will likely be even higher, but i'd suggest that your current win rate is nowhere near sustainable. i'd be very surprised if a win rate even approaching 10bb/100 was sustainable, and i'd suggest looking for around half of that. again, this is not from direct experience from those tables and i was assuming you were playing limit, which might be wrong, but in any case, expect some of the ugly side of variance before too long.cheers,daniel

Thank you for such a thoughtful response. Yes, it was limit.Thanks again for the great response though, it is encouraging to know people are there who will actually give advice and not just try to flame everyone.

I've talked to a lot of people who have started off those micro-limit games with crazy upswings. Unfortunately, I haven't heard of anyone who has maintained a rate of 30 BB/hr. or anything ridiculous like that.One of my best friends just started playing poker online, and he's small-timing it playing the .25/.5 limit tables. Believe it or not, he made $60 his first night. My friend's a total egomaniac and thinks he's the best player in the world, so it was slightly vindicating to see him experience a $50 downswing two days later.It's definitely possible to maintain something like 5 BB/hr. or maybe more, but don't delude yourself into thinking you can make as much playing a .05/.1 table as you can a .5/1 table...Good luck, homie!Chiggleslap

30BB/100 at this level or any level is never attainable for an extended period of time. I started at .05/.10 on stars and for 12k hands I ended up with about 7BB/100 and I think that was sustainable only because of the lack of rake. 200 hands is never a measuring stick, congrats on the short term success though and hope to see you at .25/.50 eventually unless I can get to Party soon. .25/.50 is going really well right now.

At that particular limit, I was averaging just over 5 BB/100 before I moved up to the .25/.50. I certainly had my days where I was well around that rate, though.You very well might have the opportunity, though, to experience days like my favorite:1012 hands, BB/100 of +14.06 :club:

It would be pretty much impossible to keep up at that rate, but there are also some pretty weak players at that level. I woudn't be surprised if a good player can make 10BB/100 consistantly though at that level. Good start, try to keep it up but a downswing or at least a slow down will hit eventually.