alf13 wrote:

When Shaq sat on the bench and Dwayne Wade played....The Miami Heat outscored their opponents on average by 11.5 points. When Wade sat and Shaq played the Heat outscored opponents on average by 5.2 points. NUFF SAID.
Soo..... now they are basing the MVP vote solely on what the scoring percentages were of two guys... on the same team... when either/or sat on the bench and the amount of points their team scored??????One of the most ignorant things i've ever read....Soo.... if Boston's scoring was 15 points higher when Pierce was on the court as opposed to Walker... Pierce should get the MVP.... he obviously is more valuable to his team than anybody else because "his team" averages more points when hes on the floor as opposed to on the bench...Forum 1-10Poker knowledge 10 all daySports knowledge........ i dont even want to embarass a number by putting it aside this....(looks down to ground and shakes head thoroughly disappointed) :cry:
  • Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A few random thingsTrailer Park BoysBeaversMounties BeerEh?second largest land massHOCKEYDanny boyAnne Murray :shock:
****ing eh! except for Anne...
Yeah, when I make typos, throwing on a "Y" is the most common thing I do...  Nice cover for your denseness
Huh? I was just kidding around, lighthearted, with no offense intended....no need to be such an assshole. What we apparently lack in lame pun recognition, is overshadowed by your lack of ability to have a little fun poked back at you. Lighten up man.
I was kidding around to.. My humor is that of bad puns and being an a ss.I didn't mean to hurt your feelings or anything, I just like to needle. I'm a needler. And I like Canada... every time I've been there, the people are really friendly, and the girls hot and easy. What's not to like. Anyway, I'm sorry if I was an *******... but I just have a ******* sense of humor... don't take it personal. Or do, I don't really care that much. "cause I drive extra slow in the ultra fast lane. I also like to park in handicap places, while handicap people make handicap faces.

Okay, I really thought Miami was teh 8 seed last year.... still, so what... the 4 seed in last years east is a joke. The Heat score more when Shaq's out, eh? Are you really suggesting that the Heat are a better team without Shaq? Or Maybe the reason the heat score More when Shaq's out is because the heat are playing the worst teams in the league and Shaq doesn't need to be in, or their blowing a team out, and they are playing scrubs, and Shaq doesn't need to be in... because if you think the heat are a Champion contender without Shaq you are truly insane. Or are smokin' the sticky ichy... The Heat would be one and done without Shaq. That being said, Nash was sick against the Mav's tonight. But Amare was the best player on the court. Nash isn't the MVP of his team.

Tell Me someone in here got the joke of this thread, before it was exiled into Off Topic (even though this Canada post is clearly not a general poker topic...) 'cause of you didn't read this thread, you clearly won't get this joke.. since you're reading this thread right now, I can safely assume this doesn't apply to you... go Pete Fenson!!!http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-foru...2416&highlight=

Okay, I really thought Miami was teh 8 seed last year.... still, so what... the 4 seed in last years east is a joke.   The Heat score more when Shaq's out, eh?  Are you really suggesting that the Heat are a better team without Shaq?  Or Maybe the reason the heat score More when Shaq's out is because the heat are playing the worst teams in the league and Shaq doesn't need to be in, or their blowing a team out, and they are playing scrubs, and  Shaq doesn't need to be  in... because if you think the heat are a Champion contender without Shaq you are truly insane.   Or are smokin' the sticky ichy...  The Heat would be one and done without Shaq.  That being said, Nash was sick against the Mav's tonight.  But Amare was the best player on the court.  Nash isn't the MVP of his team.
You did it again...the HEAT was NOT one and done last year WITHOUT SHAQ.....
alf13 wrote:
When Shaq sat on the bench and Dwayne Wade played....The Miami Heat outscored their opponents on average by 11.5 points. When Wade sat and Shaq played the Heat outscored opponents on average by 5.2 points. NUFF SAID.
Soo..... now they are basing the MVP vote solely on what the scoring percentages were of two guys... on the same team... when either/or sat on the bench and the amount of points their team scored??????One of the most ignorant things i've ever read....Soo.... if Boston's scoring was 15 points higher when Pierce was on the court as opposed to Walker... Pierce should get the MVP.... he obviously is more valuable to his team than anybody else because "his team" averages more points when hes on the floor as opposed to on the bench...Forum 1-10Poker knowledge 10 all daySports knowledge........ i dont even want to embarass a number by putting it aside this....(looks down to ground and shakes head thoroughly disappointed) :cry:
Pierce wasn't an MVP candidate...Wade was and finished 5th or 6th in the voting.....so WHO is more valuable to their team has alot to do with who is more deserving.
Looks like we canucks have another person thats the best at something in the world with steve nash joining daniel negreanu as the best at what they doDaniel Negreanu- Best poker playerSteve Nash- Best bball playerEric Gagne- Best pitcher (n.l)any hockey playerMike weir- top 6 or 7 golfermike vanderjagt- best kicker haha
Being an MVP does not make you the best player, just the most valuable to your team.And if you believe the Vandjagt is the best kicker, stick to the CFL. There is someone up in New England that is much better.

Holy crap I forgot about the best singer songwriter ever Gordon Lightfoot. Yes a Canadian. ya better take care If I find you been creepin’ ’round my back stairs. Amazing...

I said the heat would be one and doen THIS year without Shaq
Well....they kind of did kick the crap out of New Jersey without Shaq really....But you are right.....if you took away Shaq from the Heat from Day one this season...the Heat would probably be a 6th to 8th seed and probably one and done.....Odom, grant, and Butler subtracted 45 points a game....adding Shaq just gave them 23 points per game but he makes everybody else better and that makes up the difference.....and more...
Looks like we canucks have another person thats the best at something in the world with steve nash joining daniel negreanu as the best at what they doDaniel Negreanu- Best poker playerSteve Nash- Best bball playerEric Gagne- Best pitcher (n.l)any hockey playerMike weir- top 6 or 7 golfermike vanderjagt- best kicker haha
Being an MVP does not make you the best player, just the most valuable to your team.And if you believe the Vandjagt is the best kicker, stick to the CFL. There is someone up in New England that is much better.
Your right Vandejagt only has highest % and longest streak without missing in NFL history he can't be any good.
Your right Vandejagt only has highest % and longest streak without missing in NFL history he can't be any good.
Wow, I can't believe the kicker flame wars? Who cares? but since we're on the topic, I'll just and Venderjagt kicks in a Dome... what do you think Viniteri's % and length would be if he kicked in a Dome? or Vanderjagt's if he kicked in New England.. please.. Viniteri is the all time most clutch kicker ever.. has kicked more big kicks than any kicker ever
iveyfan30 said:
best closer would have went to smoltz,till he got back in the starting lineup
Umm... Gagne stats across the board are much better than smoltz... (google it or go cbs.sportsline or espn.com) Gagne also 1st closer ever to win a Cy Young... converted something stupid like 68 save opps in a row (record will stand for a very very long time)Read up on yer baseball before u make comments on it... Ask anybody with any general baseball knowledge and they will tell u Gagne is most dominant hands down when healthy... and Lidge is right behind him... if Smoltz was still in the 'pen hes not even in the top five in baseball.. maybe top ten...
gagne is not the first closer to win the Cy Young award. just so u know.
iveyfan30 said:
Umm... Gagne stats across the board are much better than smoltz... (google it or go cbs.sportsline or espn.com) Gagne also 1st closer ever to win a Cy Young... converted something stupid like 68 save opps in a row (record will stand for a very very long time)Read up on yer baseball before u make comments on it... Ask anybody with any general baseball knowledge and they will tell u Gagne is most dominant hands down when healthy... and Lidge is right behind him... if Smoltz was still in the 'pen hes not even in the top five in baseball.. maybe top ten...
Who else did it? Rollie Fingers???

Mike Marshall in the 70's, first relief pitcher to win it.edit adding this:Gagne became the first Dodger to win the Cy Young award since Orel Hershiser in 1988, the first reliever since Oakland's Dennis Eckersley in 1992, the first National League reliever since San Diego's Mark Davis is 1989 and the first Dodger reliever since Mike Marshall in 1974. http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/news/mlb...s_mlb&fext=.jsp

iveyfan30 said:
Who else did it? Rollie Fingers???
In the NL:Mike Marshall, 1974Bruce Sutter, 1979Mark Davis, 1989Eric Gagne, 2003In the AL:Sparky Lyle, 1977Rollie Fingers, 1981Willie Hernandez, 1984Dennis Eckersley, 1992

most powerful government. The United States Of America :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: All you Canadians come over here and entertain us..............................................................................or we'll get Dumb George to blow you up